Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savallia

re: Disc Priest & you.

Soooo as the above is stated this is a maybe possibly short explanation on disc priest healing/healers.

point 1. if you are looking for a tank healer whose gunna top recount- log out, and reroll a pally-- now spam holy light till your fingers bleed.

ok- now that we've weeded them out.

Discipline priests are primarily designed now for mitigation purposes-- we take the unhealable make it merely a "oh shit!" moment. OR you can take it down to healable. after much long hours one evening of theorycrafting discussion and talent build reading I discovered a very nice little thing about disc-- the more sp you have, the greater your shielded amounts will be (Which im sure I've stumped and believe you me had enough healers ask me about why all that I stack is SP.... and have even been referred to as litist when trying to explain why I stack sp when trying to help aother priest out, but hopefully that wont happen here.)

Now im sure your asking yourself- why in heavens should i believe you to stack sp and that will make my bubbles better? well the answer is in your talent tree silly! in those 5 litttle points you've put into borrowed time. dont remember what it says, here's a recap- Borrowed time- grants 25% haste after casting PW:S, and increases the amount absorbed by 40% of your SP. (which come cata if you believe their rough drafts on the new trees, they are gimping down to a measly 20%... . haters) but in essence if you stack your sp- and balance your haste-to-crit ratio (yes balance- no you dont stack haste. yes haste>crit but you still want a gear balance of both thanks to the many talents that provide a boost naturally to your haste & your crits provide your aegis with oomph thereby providing more dmg mitigated, which is afterall why we're here.... I know, but wont i run oom?!?! no, thanks to disc talents all ranging from reducing mana costs of things to boosting mp5 (plus the handy dandy thing that if the target "isnt" taking the dmg there is nothing to heal) your pretty much covered mana wise. (unless of course they want you to bubble 25 people continuously... ;)

Now, I'm talkin right- Talent ppoints where am i sposed to put these suckers???? well that varies in some ways depending on your playstyle but the setup that makes most sense is 58/13/0 (i know i know doesnt tell you much right? so here's a breakdown.
5/5 are gunna go into twin disciplines (I know it doesnt sound to fantastic but thankfully they change that come cata we are getting a very nice 5% boost to shields with this badboy than)
3/3 into inner fire to boost the armor and sp bonus provided by it.
2/2 into imp power wordd fortitude (they just cant get enough of our buffs...)
2/2 into matyrdom (I know, it seems like a pvp thing right? but with all the situational dmg that blizz is tossing at us in most encounters this is actually pretty fantastic to have, there is nothing worse than trying to save someones arse and cant cause oops that dmging debuff pushed back my casting to much) **Now if you just cant wrap your little brain around putting points into this id recommend putting the points 1/1 into Inner Focus & 1/1 into desperate prayer**
3/3 into meditation- for those mana hungry fiends i was speaking to earlier this is among one of the talents that provides you with the cushion you need to not stack int.
3/3 into imp PW:S (stating teh obvious here...)
follow the arrow on down and put the 1/1 into soul warding to lessen those cds
now here are 2 different options- 3/3 into mental agility- which is a 10% mana cost reduction on all instant cast spells, which if your a renew-aholic is likely best for you. or 3/3 in absolution which provides a 15% mana cost reduction for your dispels and your mass dispel (which is the one i opt for) but again the choice is yours.
5/5 into mental strength- oh look! more int you mana fiend you.
2/2 into focused pwer- this little badboy will make your mass dispel an instant cast wonder
3/3 into enlightenment- 6% bonus here to both your spirit and your haste (ooooo im starting to make sense huh? yea you see it yet??? no?? ~.~ read on than.)
3/3 into focused will- provides a 3% crit chance boost and a boost to healing done to you plus it stacks.
1/1 into power infusion- now this is a great spell if your running a little short on mana or if you know its a mana intensive fight and you want to conserve as much as possible- or if you just simply need the haste boost cause your tanks dropping like a rock. (otherwise just toss it up on your closest friendly caster dps and make them smile for about 15 secs)
3/3 into imp flash heal- 15% mana reduction on your cost of flash heal (which is your bread and butter spell- and hopefully by now what i said about not needing int is sinking in....) plus there is a really nice boost to your healing done on folks below 50%
2/2 into renewed hope- now this is an awesome little talent here that makes us the "tank healer" because it not only increases your crit which as we've discussed amps your aegis- but it amps your healing done to the "tank" when he's inflicted with the subsequent debuff weakened soul that comes after being shielded. than if thats not enough it gives a100% chance to reduce all damage taken by 3% for one minute. (has a 15 sec cd)
Rapture- a handy dandy little talent that provides a 2.5% of mana back when your pw:s is completely absorbed- plus it gives its target a little energy/rage/mana back.
2/2 into aspiration- cd on your good stuff reduced
3/3 into divine aegis- pretty well self explantory here crit heals create a protective shield absorbing 30% of the healed amount
1/1 into pain suppression- self explanatory..
2/2 into grace- another reason why we're considered "tank healers" this used to be able to be on more than one target but they nerfed it and now its only for the target your actively healing- but it increases healing received by you on the target by 3% and stacks 3 times.
5/5 into borrowed time which we've covered
1/1 into penance- again self explanatory.

now we move over into our holy tree-
5/5 into holy specialization- 5% crit to holy spells
5/5 into divine fury- .05 sec casting time reduction
3/3 into inspiration-reduced dmg taken by physical attacks by 10% for 15 secs after a critical heal.

sooo if by now I havent made a lick of sense... return to point 1. and do what it says.

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Savallia

re: Cataclysm disc changes

so im not sure as teh direction cata is intending disc to go but looks like we're sposed to be smiting in our free time lol- discuss.

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Savallia

soooo since i get a deathgrip now- does that mean i get to use it?? envy i hope so but lols on teh many uses it has i wonder if it will have a cd.

Wreckrium

Hell yeah, you get to be the protector of the failures.

I'm looking at Disc on MMO right now and it still looks pretty hacks for healing to me.... but I'm not Priest educated so I dunno.

Tuco.

It seems they are trying to give all the healers some capacity for helping with some dps given you have both the mana and the free global cool downs. However they have stated that they don't expect that to be the case for healers in raids.

They want to make mana a much bigger concern for raiding healers to the point where they need to make proper decisions as to what spell and when to use em. The DPS tools will come more into play for questing and for 5man heroics once you LOL out gear em.

Last I read they want Disc priests to still be shield heavy, but not endless shield spam as they are now. The shield will no longer be a GCD and disc will be throwing out a smart mix of heals in addition to the shields.
Savallia

lol, leave it to you to be a killjoy >.>
but yea we are getting a bit of a nerf wristslap but essentially it seems pretty cool- except teh implementation of the smiting (LOL) thats gunna take a minute to figure out when it comes to see if its worth the mana cost while maintaining healing- especially since they are making all of us healies more mana dependent than we already are (yes thats possible) but yay we become better "tank healers" > and im stoked for that barrier & inner will- i get a pally speed boost woot!

Savallia

Because I just cant gete enough here's a quick link to some of my preferred forums on priestly need to know theorycrafting (and no it doesnt include EJ)

Cata spells & breakdowns of new abilities-
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/737067-Cataclysm-Build-12479-Priest

Just a huge discussion forum- a lot of the times you can find some more out of the box thinking and therory crafting here- so if your looking for cookie cutter your best bet is prob go to EJ and do what they tell you- otherwise some deep reading may be in order Happy
http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/274-Priest

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: