Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Caster DPS Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Amminidabtree

re: Mini UI

Forum Image

Forum Image

Visible Addons
Raid Frames: Grid
Unit Frames: Xperl
Action Bars w/ cast bar: Dominos
Map: Sexy Map
Omen/Recount: Omen/Recount
Cooldown Line: Cooline
Timers on bottom left: Class Timers
Raid Timers: Deady Boss Mods
Big Flashy Pictures in the middle of the screen: Power Auras

Non-Visible Addons
Stop Addon Messages
Smart Addon Blocker (this addon might be why I'm ignoring you)

These two addons help reduce incoming messages from other addons that are useless.

So yeah, please criticize. Especially if you're Obzen.

Forum Image

re: Re: Mini UI

Amminidabtree wrote:

Non-Visible Addons
Stop Addon Messages
Smart Addon Blocker (this addon might be why I'm ignoring you)

These two addons help reduce incoming messages from other addons that are useless.
[/img]

Those two addons also suppress the DBM communication that tells people near you when you are targeted by Maleable Goo, and so they get no flashy warning. Not very helpful on that fight.

Your UI is stupid.
/criticism
Amminidabtree

Fright, I am one of a few who have low damage taken from Malleable Goos. I see that and fucking run. I've got it taken care of.

I understand, but I'm not worried about you. I'm worried about the people around you when you're targeted, fool.

Criticism inc!

First, I would try to hide some of those bars that you don't need to use in combat like bags and the menu with character screen, talents, etc. It would let you push that other stuff down and have more visibility. Dominos lets you hide a bar until you mouse over it which I'd recommend for less used abilities that you don't need during combat. I'd probably do the same with the bottom action bar. With a bit of reshuffling, it would be pretty easy to get all the non-essential spells on the bottom bar and then move it out of the way and hide it unless it's moused over. That way health frames and action bars could be shifted down and not take up as much of the screen. Again, that's what would work for me. It may or may not work for you but I think it helps a lot to find some way get as much visibility as possible.
Bananashroom

101 ways to dps like Acramor. ^^ tip number 73

You can't argue with results.

I am thinking of posting a screenshot of my UI, but you guys have to promise not to laugh. It just needs to be fixed.

Acramor wrote:
Criticism inc!

First, I would try to hide some of those bars that you don't need to use in combat like bags and the menu with character screen, talents, etc. It would let you push that other stuff down and have more visibility. Dominos lets you hide a bar until you mouse over it which I'd recommend for less used abilities that you don't need during combat. I'd probably do the same with the bottom action bar. With a bit of reshuffling, it would be pretty easy to get all the non-essential spells on the bottom bar and then move it out of the way and hide it unless it's moused over. That way health frames and action bars could be shifted down and not take up as much of the screen. Again, that's what would work for me. It may or may not work for you but I think it helps a lot to find some way get as much visibility as possible.

Awesome! I didn't know that I was able to hide action bars with Dominos. I'll most definitely change my UI. Thanks.

Forum Image

Revised: Just moved my omen and recount meters to the left side of the screen, reduced my bar sizes and hid the bag and micro menu bars. Everything else is pretty much the same. so yeah...

Jump to: