Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Caster DPS Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
-Bellasaer-

re: Cast queing system

No.

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

GM Fright
Officer

I'm sorry, what?

The way the ability/spell queue works was changed so that things lock in a lot faster.

Like for instance, following my normal boomkin rotation, if something procs that I really should be using instantly, if I have already queued in another spell (like a wrath or starfire), I won't be able to switch to the spell I should be using...there are a few different instances of this...the way new eclipse works once you get 100 of a certain kind of 'energy' you need to switch to the opposing spell (wrath/starfire). There is a proc that gives you bonus energy, which is somewhat unpredictable. If you are mashing wrath (which i shouldn't do but I am bad and do it anyway), you will waste at least 1 GCD if this extra energy procs, you hit your 100 energy limit and need to switch over to a new spell. Sorta complicated I guess...but I found that it happened a few times last night.

I guess my understanding is that the game has always sorta been like this, they just made it more rock-solid now. It actually really isn't so bad after I messed around a little more...it just will require more precision and less-button mashing.

For classes that run on somewhat "bursty" procs, like energy regen for combat rogues, it seems as though there really isnt any way to avoid making at least a few mistakes. Because a lot of the procs happen so frequently and so unpredictably, you kind of end up mashing buttons. Mashing buttons with the new ability queue system inevitably leads to mistakes, some which could be considerable.

In cata they intend on implementing a latency slider that lets you adjust how long the ability queue is...but right now it isn't in game.

I guess more on this shit later.

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Caster DPS Forums All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: