Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bananashroom

re: BWD: Magmaw

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72554-Magmaw

Magmaw in basic explanation

2 Phase fight.

Phase 1
Abilities
-Pillar of Flames: cast on random raid member, can target melee. indicator- swirling fire thing on the ground. Everyone near the target/swirling firey thing must gtfo. possible instant kill. Lots of worms will spawn when it reaches its target.
-Worm/Parasites<--- IMPORTANT, dont get by worm hit, bad stuff=debuff on you and cause you to explode. deals painful damage. Also spawn more parasites when you explode.
Cast time every 30secs.

-Mangle(Healers and tanks take note). will nomnomnom the tank. does high damage every 5 secs. after 30secs, tank will be immobilize. CD use is advisable for survival BEFORE the 30secs is up.

-Lava Spew. Typical raid aoe, unavoidable, heal through.

-Ignition. Ignite/burn half the room. easily avoidable. warning signs- smoky/steamy ground on the effected side..

Phase 2
Phase 2 starts when Magmaw does an emote "Magmaw slumps forward exposing his pincers"(how rude). 3 melee needs to jump on his head and spam a skill they get when they are on his head. If done correctly, it will impale his head and its an all out dps cause he will take 200% damage. Since there will be no damage being done in this phase, healers can use this chance to get some mana back and dps could maybe click the freaking lightwell.

Thats all rinse and repeat, collect loot and take a guild picture.

Personal view. Doesnt seem that hard. things to get used to is probably gtfo of pillar of flames and killing the parasites. stick together/move together so as to not contribute the messy things that are happens. way less chaotic than omnotron.

Last edited by Bananashroom on 12/20/2010 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

Additional info.

When the tank gets mangle, thats a sign that the melee would want to hop on his head(a few seconds after the tank cant move at all) and try get it impale. while the tank is being mangled, he still can attack its head til 30secs is up. If it happens that the 3 melee who are suppose to get his head impaled fail. magmaw will have the tank for dinner(tank death).

The main part of this fight is pillar of flames and its parasitessssss. I notice that we're pretty baddies at slowing adds(example that toxic golem and its adds on omnotron) and killing them. certain classes might want to assign a talent or 2 to slow a group of adds. I've been running heroics with at least 1 hunter quite frequently and hunter traps are buggy at times.

Classes i know that can mass stun/slow are
Frost Mages(that circle of frost thing is annoying in PvP in general.)
Lock Shadowfury(Fright doesnt need to be told cause he created wow)
totems(i think you can talent it to make it root or something?)
Hunter freezing trap(i think can be talented to root them on the spot too)

Thats about all i could thing of.

hidden ability- possibility of a debuff on tank that might be useful to swap tanks when debuff is up.

Oh and when no one is in melee range of magmaw, the raid will die.

bump for monday cause we are killing golem council.

bump again, please read up and watch vids, and READ nanners explanation!
Ourstateobzen

From MMO champ

Magm...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
http://media.mmo-champion.com/images/news/2010/december/magmawww.jpg
Bananashroom

lol i saw that. you should have sent your mspaint guid lolol

Jump to: