Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bananashroom

re: BWD: Omnotron Council

i wasnt there so if anyone want to give tips or discuss anything, feel free.

well here's what I originally wrote in the boss strat page I kindof started to create. I was trying to figure out a way to put a reply type function on that page, but since I can't do that, we'll just have forums...

Blackwing Descent Bosses:
Omnitron Defense Council:

This is, surprise, a council fight. There are 4 golem constructs to defeat, and they share a health pool. No more than 2 golems will be active at one time. It is random which will activate first, and which order they activate in. 50 seconds after the pull, the second golem will activate. 50 seconds later, the third will activate, and the first will shut down. Etc. Each boss has two abilities, plus a damage shield.

Magmatron: His first ability is a raidwide AoE flame. It cannot be avoided, and must be healed through.
His second ability is a lazer flame of death. A random raid member will be targetted with his GIANT FUCKING LAZER that you can't miss. There's emotes and raid warnings and a hand reaches out of your computer and slaps you in the face then writes on your forehead "you have the fucking lazer." Do not miss this. You will need to move so that there is no one in the path of the lazer in front OR behind you. It will also be the responsibility of the people in the way to move, as well. You've got maybe 3-5 seconds before a giant flamethrower is launched in your direction. Once that starts, stop moving and take it, anyone else still in the way will have to get out themselves. Pally Bubbles, Iceblock, Netherward, self healing, whatever. Help keep yourself alive during this.
At 50 energy, he will cast his damage shield. If you do not switch to the next golem, you will wipe the raid.

Toxitron: His first ability is a fairly large poison cloud on the ground that increases the damage of anyone inside it. Players get out, position the bosses inside IF POSSIBLE. Don't kill yourselves trying, tanks.
His second ability spawns Poison Slimes. They will each target random raid members and begin moving towards that member, regardless of threat. If you're the target, and it reaches you, you will die, and so will everyone around you. These slimes MUST be slowed constantly, kited, and killed. Do not AoE, pick a target and kill it. Kiting through the poison cloud if possible is always helpful.
At 50 energy, he will cast his damage shield. If you do not switch to the next golem, you will kill yourself.

Arcanotron: His first ability is a small blue swirling circle on the ground underneath him that increases damage (like a blue rune on Iron Council) and mana regen. Move the boss out of it immediately, ranged get into it if you're able.
His second ability is a short cast time, random target nuke. This will need to be interrupted 100% of the time. Interrupt rotations and assignments will be given out, and they must be followed.
At 50 energy, he will cast his damge shield. If you do not switch to the next golem, you will be causing many insta-gibs throughout the raid.

Electron: His first ability is a chain lightening. Spread out.
His second ability is an electric conductor on a random target that deals large damage to anyone near that target frequently. Spread out. If you get it, get the fuck away.

That's it. Switch targets every 50 energy, kill the fucking slimes, watch your interrupts (even while his shield is up, just interrupt, don't attack), avoid the lazer, and spread out. Easy as that. 3 tanks on it is likely. 2 active, the other waiting for the next golem. While tanking a golem with a shield up, do not attack, just stand there, position accordingly, and get hit.

Fìn.

question, if my pet hits a golem with shield activated, am i gonna fuck the raid up?

If a pet hits the Magmatron shield enough to destroy the shield, then yes, the raid was just fucked up. Also if the pet is repeatedly hitting Arcanotron, then I'm pretty sure it's stacking his buff and making the interruptor's jobs a whole lot harder.
Toxitron and Electron maybe aren't as big of a deal, but as a rule, just get your pets off. You want as much damage as you can get on the current target anyway, and a pet somewhere else isn't helping.

IMO the biggest thing people should be aware of is being targeted by slimes.

If you are targeted by a slime, and sit there like an idiot long enough for it to get to you, it will #1) Put a puddle of slime on the ground that we'll all need to avoid, and #2) Kill you.

So run the fuck away.

Masticrom

This fight is all about PAYING THE FUCK TO ATTENTION, and listening in vent and reading raid warnings. Please everyone update your dbm if u haven't already
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: