Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Klik
The Klik
Friend

re: Heroic Chimaeron

It was a shitty promise anyway, break that fucker. This boss needs to be dead.

Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

I was against this when Hulk mentioned it last night, because I was thinking of the inefficiency the post refered to, but it is also a good point made, that we would not be spamming so mana shouldn't be a problem with the regen we have.

Based on my observations of which attempts were better than others, this is how I would recommend setting up our heals if we are to employ this strat.

Pally - Tank Heals (Felix)
Pally/Shaman - Tank Heals
Druid - Tank Group - Tank Heal

Priest Disc - Lock, SP group
Prist Holy - Group Mixed DPS
Shaman - Group Ranged
Shaman - Group Melee

If we are goign to focus on symbols, I am a little concerned with my ability to do that, given the tools the resto druid has, but we can try. I suppose I could not save swiftmend for the feud phase, and rejuv, swiftmend my target each time. Healing touch is too long a cast time and thus run the risk of it not hitting before the massacre and nourish doesn't always hit for 10K, so given that there is usually about 2secs between slime and massacre, there is a random chance that it will not be enough.

Some commentary about our attempts last night. The one fued phase where we had 2 pallies and Druid support seemed the smoothest transition, of course this attempt was derailed by one of the pallies DCing.

Then we swapped to Disc priest/ Pally, I am not sure but this combo just didn't seem to have the throughput to keep the feud tank alive. I am not sure if the mitigation mechanic is enough on this or if there is another issues. We spent a fair amount of time on this and it didn't work to well.

After we chatted and I was put into Group 1, I was able to provide more throughput by focusing on big heals at feud transition. The problem that happened then was a tank heal dying to double slimes through positioning and atleast from my perspective, picking up the slack on tank heals and group healing I messed up the timing. But we had our best attempt of the night in this set up.

My opinion for what it is worth is that we will get more throughput from a shaman if a second pally isn't around, and that with the strategy of symbol focusing heals, priests are better suited given their tools.

It is not my thought or intention to call anyone out or suggest something, more than to describe from my perspective what seemed to work and what didn't.

We also had some lag, latency issues and those really don't need commentary.

My 2cp ..

(The clear leader in the wall of text war! )

That's more or less the healer setup I had in mind.

I'm laying on a couch in the library desperately trying to take a much needed nap, but I can't stop thinking about how the ideas I've got will certainly earn us a kill. This fight has dug itself into my subconscience.

I was wondering if having 3 resto shamans is hurting us more than it is helping us because it seems that having diversification between our healing make up would be good. For example, we'd have 2 shamans, 2 druids, 2 priests, and 1 paladin (I think you can assume who the other druid healer would be).

Having the shamans in a group with only range or melee dps, it's easier for them to heal, at least from what I've seen, because they can drop their healing rain and hit three or four of their group members. Also their chain heal does something too, I forget what it is.

The druids could easily hot up the tanks and heals if they were assigned to do that.

Priests do heals. That's all I know about them.

Paladin should definitely be focusing on keeping the tanks up since from the pulls we've done the tanks have been able to be quickly healed by some spell cast heals from the paladin and have some hots bring 'em up as well.

idk though, I've been rejected as a healer. sad face.

Fright's/Tavie's plan seems good as well, though. Go with that. Disregard what I say... like always. >.>

I don't mind the idea of healing marked targets. Originally I was opposed to it because I was freaking out about having to read the DBM warning about who got marked and then finding them on my grid and then having them be dead by the time I finished all that. And then I realized I can just make grid show raid icons and I'd be fine. Hopefully the other healers can do something like that in their healing frames to make people quicker to find.

How many people usually get slimed? I'm curious to know how many people we'd be assigned to heal.

I also really like the idea of not having to move. When I have down time I try to cast healing rain on a group of ranged dps, which requires me to turn my camera on a weird angle and when I have to collapse for fued I would usually start running the wrong way. I keyboard run (YES, I said it.) but that is because I am using my mouse to click away at grid and heal people. When you said not moving the idea in my head was that we'd still be in the sameish area, but since 4 healers were in a circle around the center healer, we could just stay still. I know chain heal has no problem hitting people from 6 yrds and most healing circles should still be able to reach people. Basically I just get disoriented when collapsing for fued and it would be easier for me to output better healing at the beginning of a fued if I didn't have to move...

Officer

When we first started this fight, I had the same issues Yeet. I addressed them by positioning myself to be facing the center, so that I only had to move forward and backward. No turning is necessary, just hit the W key or the S Key to get into position. This allows me to adjust very quickly and keep casting as I move (which I am not sure is relevant for Shaman).

With respec to putting out healing rain, is that really necessary? since we only need to keep ranged over 10K, it would seem the best use of your rain would be on fued phases when we all stack up. Chain Heal, Healing Wave, or whatever heals you have that don't require placing a circle on the ground would seem to be the better tools when we are not stacked.

The challenge we have on this fight is having the right heals on the right target at the right moment. Seconds seem to matter, and for a variety of reasons, we seem to be missing the mark. I could be reading more into your words, but if you are having to move the camera around to decide where to place your circle, that would seem to generate some lost attention span.

One thought would be to always put the circle on the healers, no need to look just click, click on X healer (the one in the center).

Just a thought.

With regard to the number of slimes, I think it is 5 total.

I guess I worded myself wrong. I don't actually run in the wrong direction, but once I move forward my camera re-positions itself, which really throws me off. So its not really that bad, it just makes me dizzy and throws me off my game a bit. Nothing huge, it would just make the encounter easier for me if I didn't have to move so I can rotate my camera where ever I want

As for my healing rain. Its not necessary, but it is helpful. I only cast it when no one in my group is down, if someone gets hit I'll stop casting. I had a few ranged in my group last night and it was nice to have them standing in a healing rain which could help top them off if a spell I cast didn't do it. So again, it's not necessary, but it's helpful if I've got the time to toss it down. And I always use it for fued anyway, its not like the CD is so long that I have to be overly selective as to when I cast it.

Also I can't select who I cast healing rain on. It's a drop spell, I have to select where on the ground its going.

You seem to be reading my mind on several specific details of my new plans for this fight, Tavie.

I came up with the best strategy to defeat Chimaeron:

Have dps stay on the boss at all times until Chimaeron's dead.

This idea is open up for critique and changes.

So I was chatting with Klik tonight, and a question came up.

So we have three disc priests of late, are any of them SoS spec'd? I was curious in p2 if the heal reduced the cooldown of Weakened Soul even though the heal itself is useless.

I was thinking that if it did, it might be worth spamming the tanks to keep the bubble up on them.

Klik is atonement spec'd, so he wasn't sure.

Having our disc priests spec into that might be helpful. Although I don't know if they will actually have enough time/mana to spam heals to reduce the cooldown fast enough so that they can place another shield. Priests, let me know if that's even possible.
Also looking at the disc talent tree perhaps the talent reflective shield might be useful. When two points are put into that talent it will reflect 45% of the damage absorbed by the shield. Seeing as chim will bit faces off very quickly doing large amounts of damage and his targets generally have a short life we might as well try to hit him with anything extra we have. Perhaps this talent would be helpful. I was also wondering if would count towards the aoe dot damage we all take, I don't know if that would be reflected as well.

hey, I just unstickied heroic chimaeron.

I don't know how to feel about this.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: