Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Acramor
Friend

re: Firelands: Alysrazor

I seem to be doing pretty well in the air so I'm just going to put down everything I've noticed and my approach to it. So here's my wall of text.

First, I think it's useful to have something to track the flying buff (wings of flame). I use TellMeWhen but I'm sure there are plenty of ways to do it. Also camera angle is important as the rings can be hard to see at times. I keep mine pretty far zoomed out so I have a wide field of view to see the rings but not at the maximum because it was difficult for me to make sure my character was actually lined up with the rings.

A big help, once I realized it, was that there's a pattern to the location the rings of fire spawn in. From the looks of it, when the fight starts, the first three rings will always spawn below her and to the right. After that, the next three will spawn in a location either below right, below left, above right, or above left. It continues like this in groups of threes for the entire fight so you can pretty closely follow her when you know the location of the first ring in the series. After going through three, you can back off slightly and look around to find where the next three will be.

When Alysrazor drops down and flies near the ground, she always leaves one ring around the spot she flew down. After that, she'll spawn a series of three rings either right, left, or in between two clouds. If you intend to stay in the air after this part, it's crucial to get the final ring when she's next to the ground and the first one after she flies back up as there's about a 10 second gap between the two. The first ring that spawns when she flies up is always on her right side so it should be easy to spot. I opt to stay in the air because I'm finding a pretty significant difference in dps when I reach 24 stacks and get the crit buff sooner.

I'm also temporarily posting this video if anyone wants to see the flying in action: http://www.xfire.com/video/4a49c3/
Junkr
Friend

re: Firelands: Alysrazor

Once again, the video ends on a Trazodone comment

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: