Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Fright
Officer

re: Sup bloods

There's two of you now, and Saurial's alt counts as about .035% of one.

I'm getting into the blood tanking business again, so I've been trying to edumacation myself in the best way to go about it, and thought you schmucks might have some good ideas as well.

What I USED to do on single target, before blood shield stacked, was put up diseases, heart strike, death strike, heart, death, heart heart heart heart heart heart heart etc. You get the idea.

NOW that blood shield STACKS, what I do is put up diseases, heart heart, rune, death, death, rune, rune, death, rune, death death, etc. You get the idea. Doing this allows Runic Empowerment to proc off Rune Strike a bunch, thus allowing me to death strike a bunch, thus allowing blood shield to stack a bunch. Also, I've macro'd Blood Tap into Rune Strike so it's used on CD, so that I've basically only got one blood rune sitting there mostly useless most of the time, and toss a heart strike in occasionally to use it and proc Blade Barrier.
If I run out of runes/runic power, I just horn of winter to fill the gap, and then get right back into it. There's never any down time, and instead of wasting death runes on heart strike, which is just damage, they are all used on Death Strike, which is damage + mitigation. So long as I pop my glyphed Dancing Rune Weapon from time to time, even if it's just when extra parry is useful, then threat is never a problem.

And of course if ever I find myself being ignored by the dumb healers, I've always got Vampiric Blood+Rune Tape+Empowered Rune Weapon+Death Strike Death Strike. That right there is enough to slam over 50% of my health back at me, and it's all short CDs outside of empowered rune weapon.

Anyway, I know you DKs like to die (Pie), and feel spikey and squishy and stuff (Sterne). If this isn't what you're doing, you ought to consider it. A lot changed when they made blood shield stack.

http://www.noxxic.com/death-knight/blood/tanking-rotation
http://www.mmomeltingpot.com/2011/06/patch-4-2-blood-death-knight-dk-tank-guide-%E2%80%93-stats-talent-spec-glyphs-reforging-and-gems-priorities-and-tanking-strategies/
http://elitistjerks.com/f72/t110102-blood_dk_endgame_tanking_4_x/
etc.

re: Re: Sup bloods

GM Fright wrote:
Rune Tape

Rune Tape!

For all your runic repair needs, there's Rune Tape.

Has your Rune of the Fallen Crusader *FALLEN* into ruin? Simply apply Rune Tape, and your runeforging is as good as new!

Rune of Sword Shattering been *SHATTERED*? Rune Tape makes it work just as well as an actually decent weapon enchantment!

Rune of Spellbreaking *BROKEN*? Rune Tape.

Rune Tape! Available at your local friendly hardware store!
Sterne1140
Raider

Yes, that is a great pseudo rotation. Since DK's can have no set rotation after the first 5 seconds of a fight. Burning DS like that in a 5 man dungeon works fabulous. Burning DS like that while tanking the hatchlings will kill you dead.

Given the tank dps mechanic on Alys, you are not going to see ANY dk tank spamming DS untill the hatchling enrages. Untill then it is going to be HS and RS all the way with DS fillers as runic empowerment makes runes avaialable. Now gauging the damage from Majordomo was much easier. You bet yer ass I had a nice stacked shield rolling for the damage spikes. It just all depends on the fight.

Macroing blood tap(e) into rune strike is just silly, and I will forget you mentioned it. It is a cooldown and will remain as one.

As far as my reforging and gemming choices go, I actually researched the merits before I changed. After all the math is said and done. There is only 1-2% difference between mastery-vs-avoidance. That percentage swings from one to the other given the nature of the encounter. At the end of the day it boils down to play style, and just because I have increased my static avoidance doesn't mean that I still can't crank out a respectable blood shield.

Thanks for the advice. I always like to talk about new ways to tank.

Yeah my problem with aly was I was Death striking whenever possible because everytime i didn't, well, I died! which in both ways caused me to not keep up on damage and not be able to kill the hatchling in time. But sterne gave me helpfull advice on a few ways to approach it and I got it down to a T (if you didn't notice i only died from those 2 weird errors I got)
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: