Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Toxx32
Raider

re: Mumble Server

Hey folks,

Since we've been without Vent for a bit, I decided to look into replacements. I work for a cloud computing company and have access to servers, so hosting is no problem. After looking at Vent, Teamspeak, and Mumble, I decided that Mumble was the best use of resources since there are no license requirements.

So, I setup the server and all I need now if for folks to download the client, connect to the server, and let me know how it's working out.

Client Download - http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/?source=typ_redirect

More mumble information: http://wiki.mumble.info/wiki/Main_Page

Server details:
REDACTED

It should be in a guild note, or get it from another guildie who has it.

No password is necessary for now, but that will likely be set in the future if we agree on adopting mumble going forward.

Name Registration
Once you get connected to the server, right click on your name inside of the client and register it. This will ensure that nobody else can connect as your username since it associates the username with your security certificate.

Registration also allows the server admins to assign particular rights to users for access. Member vs Officer vs DickbagFright

If there are any questions, hit me up in game, or PM me here.

Somosito
Raider

re: Mumble Server

Finally one person with some logic. Good on ya, Toxx. For the rest of you scumbags... suck it.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: