Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

re: To mythic or not to mythic, that is the question!

As I consider returning to raiding in WoD, I find that one of the most important questions to me is will AoR be able to raid mythic level content. There are a number of factors in that, the most predictive is how much desire there is to do mythic content.

So on a scale of 1 - 10, how much desire do you have to do Mythic content? Please share what went into your ranking. (Just want to get a sense of where folks are coming from)

I will go first: 9.5

While I enjoy the leveling experience to some extent, enjoying the artistic aspects of the game, the primary reason I play WoW is the shared group challenge of raiding.

For the past two expansions, I have struggled with the short term satisfaction of raiding vs. the boredom that inevitably happens when you reach that point in the expansion where progression stops and as a group you are just grinding away at the same content repetitively on alts or what not. I would really like to prolong that moment by finally getting to the point where the most difficult challenge has been defeated before it becomes obsolete.

I know that we will never be a world first progression guild, as such, I am comfortable with that time being sufficient with our casual nature. However, the important part is that we collectively establish as a guild that want to do the content.

I realize there are challenges for us to being able to do Mythic content with the 20man requirement, lack of cross server raid forming, and the realities of Suramar as a recruiting environment. However, if there is interest, then we can discuss how to address those issues.

My 2cp

I know I have basically been MIA for the whole Xpac as far as raiding but I am hoping to get back into things for WOD.
Raiding Mythic, if possible would be the most satisfying level of difficulty.

Hallaer918
Officer

I'd say 6 for me. It would be nice to be able to do heroic (mythic, screw you Blizz) raiding again, but Blizzard seems to hate smaller guilds. I would be slightly sad to not do them, but more likely I'd just go play a different game with all the time we saved.
Siletense
Raider

I would really enjoy trying to do the mythic content because the challenge. I would be a little disappointed if we didn't do it but I'd get over it in about 5 minutes.
GM Fright
Officer

I definitely want to aim for mythic raiding, just a matter of time, and what steps we need to take and when to take them. Like Tavie said, it may or may not be feasible to get up to mythic raiding on this server, but then again, a lot can happen in this game in the next 3 to 6 months, so we'll see.

Jump to: