Spec 1 : Elemental
Spec 2 : Resto

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Your age::
20-29

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Baklanumn, Shaman, Elemental

If available, please provide a link to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. :
*** Please note, I am currently level 17 on this Shaman that I intend to main. I will be getting him to 60 then boosting for professions by Sunday. I will update with logs on Sunday when level to 100 ***

Are you able to consistently make our raid times each week? (Thursdays 6:00 to 9:00 pm, and Sundays 5:00 until 9:00 pm server time):
Yes

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
I cannot honestly remember Guild names and I apologize for that. I have been playing WoW since Vanilla (actually beta) and I will give a brief overview of the raiding experience I had in each expansion.

Vanilla -- Affliction Warlock
- Molten Core - Cleared
- Black Wing's Lair - Cleared
- Onyxia - Clerared (Moar Dots!)
- AQ 20 - Cleared
- AQ 40 - Twin Emps
- Naxx - Did Not Start

The Burning Crusade - Retibution Paladin
- Karazhan - Cleared
- Gruul's Lair - Cleared
- Magtheridon - Cleared
- SSC - Cleared
- TTK - Cleared
- Black Temple - Cleared
- Hyjal - All up to Archimonde, guild broke apart due to him.

The Lich King - Disc Priest
- Naxx Normal/Heroic - Cleared.
- Eye of Eternity Normal/Heroic - Cleared
- Ulduar - Cleared to the Kologarn
- Obsidian Sanctum - Cleared Normal and 3 Drake Normal/Hard
- Trial of Crusader - Cleared to Anub
- Onyxia - Cleared
- ICC - Cleared to Sindragosa
- Ruby Sanctum - Cleared

Cataclysm, MOP, and WoD I was not a strong active raider due to college and grad school.

Cataclysm - Prot/Arms Warrior
Blackwing Descent - Cleared to Atramedes
Bastion of Twilight - Cleared to the Elementals
Throne of Four Winds - Did Not Attempt
-- Stopped Raiding due to School

MoP - Started Warrior, moved to Rogue
- Normal raiding up to the third boss, then school started up again.
- MoP was mostly LFG

WoD - Rogue
- Did not raid this Expansion. This was my complete off expansion.

I hope this gives you the information and overview that you were looking for.

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
I saw the post at: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20748885158

It seemed like a guild that was laid back but also knew when to play and put in effort. I talked to Frightening and this information he gave me was great and made me want to pursue Art of Ruin.

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
Raiding should be fun, yes, but fun is not repeating the same mistakes over and over due to not knowing the fights or paying attention (standing in fire). Raiding should be an experience for everyone to enjoy and that requires commitment for everyone in the group.

I like to put 110% in everything I do and I want to start the raids on time, be ready with pots, flasks, food, etc...and have a blast for the night with those cheers of joy as we get bosses and endgame content cleared.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Pig

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
the universe implode

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
Pigs are just awesome animals. They are very smart and have strong bonds that can be similar that of dogs.

We never said what universe, if it is a different one then we would have some form of data to support the theory that we live in a multiverse.

Thank you for your interest in our guild. Please check your application thread periodically to answer any further questions we might have. Please find an officer in-game if you have any questions for us.

GM Fright
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Baklanumn - by GM Fright

Hey Baklanumn!

Thanks for the application!  Soon as you hit lvl 100 let me know and we'll chat a little more.  There may (or may not) be a couple folks here on the forums that have some questions for you, so check back a time or two over the next couple days if you don't mind.  

Thanks again!
-Frightening

Your raiding history is very impressive.

What would you say was your favorite class/spec to raid with over the years?

What makes you want to play Shaman for Legion?

Baklanumn
Raider

Amminidab v2.0 wrote:

Your raiding history is very impressive.

What would you say was your favorite class/spec to raid with over the years?

What makes you want to play Shaman for Legion?

Thank you.

My favorite spec has been Elemental Shaman. While it doesn't have the most complex rotation compared to other casters I have love the use of the Elements and Elementals to deal damage. I was a big fan of the versatility of totems and being able to support my raid and in PvP my team. While some of the totems have been pruned the way that the class plays is more fluid now. I have always liked how Shaman were akin to the machine gun of casters with multiple casts coming from one spell with Elemental Overload and the previous Echo of the Elements. 

I want to play Elemental Shaman in Legion because they have always been my favorite caster. Though as you may see in my play history I have jumped in between characters I have always thoroughly enjoyed the rapid casting of Shamans. I also love the Shaman lore and focus of "Class Identity" with Legion makes me want to pursue the Elemental Shaman Class Hall story and Quests. Though it seems that some do not like the pruning of Shaman and the way it has been simplified I like the mechanics as they have not changed too much with Fulmination now being a range instead of the static "X" amount of stacks. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: