Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Fright
Officer

re: Abscynthe

I Demand That You Start Saying Nice Things To Me Daily.

Your country is flip fraggin' screwed man.

Hallaer918
Officer

Abscynth wrote:

Too bad what our country does affects the whole world right?

Abscynth
Raider

Hallaer918 wrote:
Abscynth wrote:

Too bad what our country does affects the whole world right?

Have you seen the wall we've started building up here...?

(Funny thing is you guys are paying for it!)

Abscynth
Raider

This was sort of funny a few hours ago. And now its not.

I am truly sorry (and horrified) that fear and hatred won.

GM Fright
Officer

We'll we've got two hopes, now.  I'd call them options, but they are completely out of our hands, so they are just hopes:

1) He lied about everything else, so hopefully he was lying about being a completely incompetent bigot.  Seems doubtful.

2) His inevitable Impeachable-Offense comes early and is not too costly.

Outside of those two possibilities, I'm a bit anxious about the next few years.  Either way, it's hard to categorize this as anything but a disaster.  

It's okay Fright, the other major option was just as bad.  Maybe if we could have some hitmen take the two of them out, then maybe we could redo the election with useful people.

Anti Soul
Raider

I am glad to see someone who is saying he wants to fix our infrastructure and help our veterans, to secure our borders and prevent the violence that has consumed Europe from coming to my home, to repeal the Affordable Care Act that has so totally screwed my family and friends out of their previously good health care and left my mother with a broken arm for nearly a year now (it's 9 months and still not healed) because of the policy she is forced to have being absolute garbage and leaving us with doctors that can't see her for months on end. If she'd of been on the plan she had before Obamacare, she'd have gotten the surgery she needed right away and be fine now. Meanwhile my friends are going to lose their insurance altogether because they can't afford the premiums so they'll need to pay fines instead.

In short, I care about my friends and my family and this is the guy who is saying he is going to protect them and help them. Shit is bad and the current system wasn't working. I think the way the vote turned out shows that a lot of people were very upset with the way things are. 

So, give him a shot, he's not going to be working in a vacuum. He'll be surrounded by advisors and has already been making an effort to reach out those that didn't vote for him such as by asking Obama-san to advise him once he's in office. 

Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

In regards to anti's statement Mike Pence is picking the cabinet so it is going to be a generic GOP presidency.

In regards to Fright's statement he pretty much says whatever anyone wants to hear in the moment. So I wouldn't hold him to his more outlandish statements. His actions are going to be dictated by his inner circle. They would have the expertise to understand various choices and execute action.

And for my coming here there is now a greatagain.gov website. On it you can submit your ideas how to do so!

I used it as an excuse to write down my current thoughts on day 3 of President-Elect Trump. I dare not bring this up in my personal life due to the toxicity of political disagreements and my desire to not appear as a pedantic blow hard. 

I have zero qualms about doing that here so I am going to post what I sent. 

I would appreciate any feedback about my clarity and readability or lack there of.

Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

Bipartisanship.

Mr. Trump has his own opinions and I don't think he expressed them during the campaign. The first give away was Mr. Trump's amicability so far with President Obama and Hillary Clinton.

The next congress promises to be very active with the GOP controlling all branches of government. This is good because the petty partisan grid lock will be reduced and they will supply a coherent and thoughtful council on many subjects. The downside is the opposition will be less likely to reign in the excesses that half the country finds detestable.

I did not approve of Mr. Trump's behavior during the election but I do not think he could have stood out among so many qualified candidates otherwise. Now that Mr. Trump is the President-Elect he must consider whether to pander to those who elected him, or do what he thinks is best for the country. Those are not mutually exclusive but there is a divide that I believe Mr. Trump knows as evidenced by his recent statements.

I would look to the Presidency of George H.W. Bush for insight. Dick Cheney was an extremely influential vice president. He also appointed many members of the cabinet and this probably led to a group think that contributed to the discredited reasons for the Iraq war.

I know you agree with your inner circle on many things that I object to but I also know their intent is to the benefit of this country.  However they are also experienced politicians who have developed flaws related to partisanship. Please seek out disenting voices that understand your desire to help all of America.

I may be idealistic but I do have a faint hope that Mr. Trump would seek President Obama's council on many subjects. I believe these two could find many things to agree on if they can move past previous unpleasentness.  

Kimlin
Raider

Our guilds full of cucks...who woulda figured. image

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: