Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

re: Using WoW on a résumé

I think Fright used it as a guild leader on his. That shit hard mang. 

Here are the lines I am seriously going to use on mine. 

Art of Ruin

8/08 to 12/10

Restoration Shaman in 25 member raids

As a Restoration Shaman it was my job to monitor the health of other raid members. Via sophisticated game mechanics I had to do this while powerful monsters (Non Player Characters) tried to kill my fellow Guild members. My simultaneous cooperation with up to 24 other people was the only thing standing between Azeroth and complete annihilation.  This occurred 3 nights a week with new game mechanics issued around every 3-6 months.

Education

????????

????????

?????????

World of WarCraft, Glory of the Icecrown Raider (10 player)

???????????

????????

2007-2010

????????

GM Fright
Officer

Well it depends on what you're applying for I suppose.  I have never put it on a resume that I remember, but I don't remember everything I've ever done, so who knows.

I'd probably be a bit less specific about it, though, and maybe put it more in a "Related Skills" section.  Something about "Situational Awareness," "Multi-tasking," and "Team-based, goal oriented environment."  Those are good resume buzz words.  Focus on words like that, use fewer Warcraft words (like Restoration Shaman, Art of Ruin, and Azeroth), and just be more vague in general about the video game part of it.

Maybe something like this:

Participated in large-team-based, goal oriented gaming requiring situational awareness and multi-tasking skills.  Effective communication, quick learning, patience, and the ability to remain calm under pressure were necessary to be successful.  

Don't put dates or any sort of proper nouns, just list it down there with "can type a billion words per minute" or with "I won the prize for Least Likable in my 4th grade class."  Whatever section like that that you've got on your resume. 

Unless you're applying to be in a raiding guild, of course.  Then forget everything I just said!

I haven't sent it to anyone and I am working with a guy who helps people submit cv's. I will get it past him before potential employers see it. Thanks for the serious answer. I forget who used it on a resume. In guild as of Emerald Nightmare or Night Hold.

Under no circumstances am I using you as a reference though. 

Last edited by Griiiiiiimmer on 05/20/2017 6:43 pm; edited 3 times in total
Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

I am literally copy pasting that recommended wording into a revision of my cv

Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

I might modify the buzz words you used fright. I have been thinking on the role I played as a healer and I believe the best single word is either triage or engineered optimization. Triage is the best way to make it fit thematically. I see every problem as an engineer cause I trained as an engineer. 

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: