Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: Expansion news and stuff

6.0 Patch notes have been released.

April Fool's version:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/12371977139

Real version (much, much longer):
http://wow.joystiq.com/2014/04/03/warlords-of-draenor-patch-6-0-patch-notes/

better link to the real version:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-alpha-patch-notes-4-3-2014

Or you could follow the link in the fancy new WoW News thing-a-ma-bob to your left that I added yesterday! Fancy!

People on the forums are bitching a lot about the patch notes.
I don't see what the issue is.
It seems like they are trying to get back to the old feel of BC and Vanilla with WoD.
GM Fright
Officer

Yeah, aside from removing soulshatter from Warlocks (now what will save me from Tavie's turrible threat gen?!), I can't seem to find any real issues with it so far. Besides, the older I get, the more casual about it I get, and they definitely are and have been catering to the more casual players.

6.0.1 Alpha patch notes have been released.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-alpha-patch-notes-04-23-2014-4-23-2014

Beta patch notes were released a few days ago:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-beta-patch-notes-august-1-8-1-2014

I haven't read through them yet, so I don't know how different they are from the patch notes released in April.

The history of the world (of warcraft)!!

Great video that goes over all the lore of the warcraft universe in brief, with links as you go to more details about specific events and characters. Pretty great refresher on lore and such going into the next expansion!

Info about the live stream event Blizzard is having on Thursday, August 14th at 9:30 am server to reveal the WoD cinematic and the release date.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15053035/

Good news, everybody!

Release date of 11/13/14, so expect the pre-expansion patch a month before that, I'd guess. Means we'll be back at it mid-October!

http://us.battle.net/en/int?r=wow

And, part one of a bit of a low-quality background series Blizzard is making about each of the Warlords.

Latest beta patch notes:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-beta-patch-notes-august-27-8-27-2014

So are there any thoughts on changing mains for anyone? I imagine most of us are going to have to fill similar rolls to what we were doing in Pandaria. As it is looking at all the changes I'm thinking about swapping to my paladin for healing though I'll likely stick with my priest and just become a tank healer. Aarroun is wanting to continue playing Leibu but would like to play as a hybrid, so basically half a healer that can swap to a full healer for emergencies. As long as Toxx is still healing I see no problems with doing that.

For those who don't heal... healing is going to get a lot harder this next expansion. Standing in bad still hurts your healers, however this next expansion you might not get healed back up if you are standing in bad. Everyone is going to have to watch where they are standing (if you have problems with that get the GTFO addon to assist). They are removing much of the passive damage mitigation tanks had, which combined with the nerfed healing will mean that more attention is going to have to be placed on the tanks now. Basically a whole lot of changes that say "Screw you DPS, heal your selves."

Anyway, if there are any requests for myself (or Leibu) to change what character we are playing, say something and we'll see what we can do. I have almost every class covered and Leibu has every class covered so it isn't that big of a problem for us to change mains.

On a side note, I'm in Guam right now and my connection can't handle WoW. I will be back in Hawaii mid-September so I will still be able to raid when we start back up.
GM Fright
Officer

I'm considering switching to my Pally to tank, but I can't convince myself. Mostly because I like my warlock too much, but also because, though I've done it a fair amount, it's a degree or two more difficult to raid lead while tanking than it is while playing a ranged DPS. Healing for me is not an option, I definitely can't raid lead and heal at the same time.

Guess it largely depends on what good old Tavie decides to do. If he's going to be around to tank, then I won't be needed. Otherwise, the role needs to be filled.

Of course, what REALLY needs to happen is Blizzard needs to go ahead and give Warlocks a tanking spec, dammit. This game needs a caster tank.

They could easily make a 4th shaman spec. Shaman have been tanks in the past and they still have at least some of the framework for being one.

In the mean time, I wouldn't count on Tavie coming back. Unless we can get someone else to step up to being a tank or healer I think you might end up having to stay tanking. Granted, we've all seen my tanking... though to be fair I'd probably do a lot better at tanking if I did it full time.
Aarroun
Raider

Four elements, four specs. It makes sense.

My hunter, Aarroun, will likely be the first to 100 for me. If we somehow find more healers I might want to make him my main again, though it'll likely be Leibu.

Fright, during Trial of the Crusader I was in a guild with a holy paladin raid leader. If you find you want to give raid healing a try I'd say focus on tank healing.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: