Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Hallaer918
Officer

re: Expansion news and stuff

To be fair, back in Wrath a holy paladin's job was to spam flash of light on the tank for the entire fight. Not exactly mentally taxing compared to how things are now. Still, dedicated tank healing is typically easier to do than our usual standard for the healers of everybody heals everybody. Maybe we can get everybody to recruit some friends to the guild so we have enough people to always have between 10-20 for every raid with at least 2 tanks. I suppose if you really wanted a better chance at not having to tank or heal you could try offering bribes when people start playing again to get someone to change roles.
GM Fright
Officer

Yeah we'll see how it works out. Toxx just told me that the heirloom weapons will be dropping for I think everyone automatically on normal Garrosh kills once the pre-expansion patch comes out, so that will give us some incentive to get back in there and do a little warm-up raiding before things get busy with leveling, and let us work out who will be doing what maybe.

Heirloom weapons are a good reason to raid again. They are also going to make leveling from 90-100 much easier. I guess it'll also give us an idea of what they are doing to our poor characters too. I imagine that Garrosh is going to be almost impossible to beat though with the reduction in interrupts available. I wonder if Bliz thought about that.

Already there are some problems with the beta since the spells are completely based off of spellpower so spellcasters can't really do anything till they are much higher level... basically making spellcasters far more difficult to level. It also has the downside of making healers useless unless they have leveling gear (till they are high enough level to actually have gear with int on it).
Amminidab v2.0
Raider

I'm thinking of going mage for this expansion. If it is needed, I'll level up my druid and go restoration. I would prefer to try mage instead and take a different pace from what I usually default to. On another note, I think I should be able to handle the raiding schedule and have enough free time to get some gear and be relevant if I put minimal effort toward PvE.
GM Fright
Officer

Amminidab v2.0 wrote:
I put minimal effort

That's all we ever got from you, anyway, mini.

Then I've already exceeded your maximum potential.
Junkr
Friend

Ima be here. I'll be maging. Fright haven't you done this bit before?

I'll be the first person to 100. Gif gold pls.

Amminidab v2.0
Raider

Not sure if I really want to pick up mage after I've been messing around with it. I have a slew of classes that are at level 90 right now and I'm open to level up whatever is needed once the expansion lands.
Hallaer918
Officer

Tanks are always good. And healers. We'll have to have backups of both if we end up with more than 10 people raiding on a regular basis. At the moment, as long as the disc priest talent that allows them to spam hard cast shields on people holds I intend to play a disc priest and focus on tank healing. Naturally, I expect them to nerf or completely change the ability either before or shortly after the expansion comes out so that disc priests don't have anything useful anymore.
Amminidab v2.0
Raider

The classes I have at 90 right now are Druid, Shaman, Paladin and Death Knight. I'm open to leveling any of those up to 100 for the expansion. I know that Frightening is planning on a guild discussion before the new content actually lands. I'll wait for that to happen before I fully commit on something.
GM Fright
Officer

Once the pre-expansion patch comes out, we'll see who we've got and what we've got, and we'll go from there. Probably another 3 weeks away, give or take.

They announced the end of the PvP season a couple days ago, which means patch 6.0 will almost certainly be released on October 14th. Just a couple weeks left, start getting ready!

Information about the Garrison system. Starting to get my interest.

Part one, Overview:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14001702/garrison-preview-part-1-your-base-on-draenor-5-28-2014

Part two, The Buildings:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15978457/garrison-preview-part-2-all-buildings-great-and-small-9-25-2014

Part three, The Followers:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16218937/garrison-preview-part-3-who-are-you-calling-your-people-10-9-2014

Part four, not released yet.

Information about the new world PvP zone, Ashran:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/14833872

The patch should be out this Tuesday! Get your shit together, folks!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/16296588/patch-602-the-iron-tide-crashes-into-azeroth-october-14-10-9-2014

Confirmed for Tuesday.
GM Fright
Officer

I'll be online next week looking to do the new instance. Come join me, suckas!

Page 2 of 3

Jump to: