Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junkr
Friend

re: Heavy, man. The hardest experience of my wow career.

I've spoke with a few people in game so far that I've run across the past few days. But I'll keep this one "short".

I've thought this over for a good while now and explored multiple options, but I have decided that I am leaving The Art of Ruin to join a separate guild with my friends from real life. Residual attempts to get them to rejoin AoR have been fruitless, and the guild I am joining has earlier raid times, which works for my east coast work schedule much better.

It's legitimately hard to do this, as I have been a part of this guild (however small at certain times) since it was created, and also a part of it's ancestry on the alliance side of this server.

A massive portion of the fun aspect of this game for me comes from playing with my friends, and so I must follow where the fun leads me. And who knows - this is a big new adventure for me, it might rekindle lost experiences of joining a guild for the first time and having to build up my reputation as being a decent player. I haven't done such a thing since I first joined Absolution in 2008.

I'll just leave you with a recollection of my favorite memory from this guild that mostly everyone probably doesn't even know happened, or forgot entirely.

In heroic 25-man ICC, our first EVER heroic blood-queen lana'thel kill, I was on my holy priest and survived 16 seconds into enrage in what is an instant kill ability. How did I do this?

Guardian Spirit for 3 seconds + Spirit of redemption + This item AKA THE MASTER BALL OF WARCRAFT - http://www.wowhead.com/item=5816/light-of-elune

Somehow, me staying alive was long enough for dots to tick and she died with just me alive amongst the corpses.

I was so beyond stoked I didn't even think to take any screenshots or anything of it. If anyone has any video of that sitting around, I would be ecstatic.

Only obtainable on alliance side and only obtainable until -I believe- 2008. I had gotten it before I transferred factions.

The greatest moment of my entire history in the game. Nevar 4get.

Oh and I'll be around the server still - this guild is on Draka (which is my original server and strangely enough got merged with ours so I don't even need to move.)

Peace dudes.

GM Fright
Officer

re: Heavy, man. The hardest experience of my wow career.

Good luck, Junkr. You were my only original guildmate left around. Tell everyone over there hello for me.

Jump to: