Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Shoopz
Raider

re: What will be your main in Legion?

Legion Guide

Amminidab v2.0
Raider

Update: So I think it might be better if I stay as a dps. I am liking Balance Druid right now, but I will play whatever class/spec that we need.

Siletense
Raider

Well I honestly thought I was going to be able to quit this drug known as AoR for good... turns out I got the expac yesterday. I will continue to be the guild's feline mascot and fill in what ever we happen to be missing on raid night.

Sigoroth
Raider

Methinks I'll be switching to Demon Hunter, dps.

Amminidab v2.0
Raider

If I remember correctly, mages are projected to be one of the higher dps classes and I wouldn't mind playing a mage if we could use one. Otherwise I will stick with the balance druid/resto offset.

GM Fright
Officer

Yeah the fire mage rotation is kind of fun, too.  You know, I saw old Kreegan around here a while back, but haven't seen him since and never heard back from him again after we exchanged a forum message or two.  Maybe he'll pop his head in again, otherwise I don't think we have any mages right now.

I'll tell you what I tell everyone: play the character that you will enjoy playing the most, everything else will be just fine!

Death Knight

Starting to look like Healers and Ranged DPS would be good additions, but there are some folks I still haven't heard confirm their main here yet:  Aarrounn and Alice come to mind, but there's others too.  Get them on here so we can get an accurate picture of what we need!

Here's the recruitment post I'm putting up on the blizzard forums, in case you find yourself in the position of posting recruitment stuff in other places and want to know what to write:

________

The Art of Ruin is recruiting for Legion Raiding!  

We're a raiding guild that formed on Suramar during Wrath, and have raided all content since then.  We have a laid back atmosphere (no yelling, no belittling, it's rather pleasant), but we are nonetheless focused on progression.  It's not fun unless you're killing stuff.  We are not focused on raiding mythics, but we will clear all heroic content, and then generally take a break until the next patch, cause this is a game, not a job.

We raid two nights a week, Thursdays 6 to 9 server time, and Sundays 5 to 9 server time.  Please don't apply unless you can consistently make both nights! 

We currently have need of healers and ranged DPS, but we are always interested in seeing quality applications regardless of your primary role.

https://artofruin.guildlaunch.com
Use the 'Apply to The Art of Ruin' link on the left of the website to start the application process. We'll respond to your request as soon as we're able.

Thanks!
-Frightening

_______

Alice is setting herself up for tanking or healing.  I've seen her doing both in pug heroics for HFC and she does great.  Aarroun from what I can tell is still trying to decide based on the needs of the guild since he has lvl 100 characters for pretty much everything (in some cases he's got some duplicates).  I think Alice will probably go healing, which puts us at roughly 3.7 healers (since I'll be disc).  Until they nerf Light of the Martyr, her paladin healing should synergize nicely with my atonement healing.  We'll see how things work out when the raiding actually starts, but I intend to keep 2-3 atonements up (on the tanks and probably Alice or whoever is taking damage) Otherwise I intend to mostly be dpsing.  Preliminary testing shows that it should give me reasonable healing output and damage and help with mana maintenance.

GM Fright
Officer

Hallaer918 wrote:

Until they nerf Light of the Martyr, her paladin healing should synergize nicely with my atonement healing.  We'll see how things work out when the raiding actually starts, but I intend to keep 2-3 atonements up (on the tanks and probably Alice or whoever is taking damage) Otherwise I intend to mostly be dpsing.  Preliminary testing shows that it should give me reasonable healing output and damage and help with mana maintenance.

I'm calculating that we have a 33.33% chance, repeating of course, of synergizing our healing paradigms to maximize input, output, and throughput on all viable targets within the damaging zone within the largest time frame possible by complex coordination via voice communication, assuming everyone synchronizes their watches to GMT -7:00 on my mark... aaaanndd... mark. 

Nerd.

lol

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: