Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Savallia

re: New Stuff

Just wanted to be the first to post on this perdy new little forumn all for us envy

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Savallia

re: Vuhdo

So- since i like to help all healers adn well lets face it if you suse healbot you know how much it sucks- soooo I like to spread the love in sharing a new tool called Vuhdo- GREAT addon lets you keep track of all your hots for you druids out there- and i mean all o fthem- all your buffs trinket cds everything- cant rave enough found it sometime last year and never looked back! also works with titan panel if you use that sorta thing Happy anyways enjoy!

http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/vuhdo.aspx

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Tuco.

Um well, I use grid, and quite well I think. I know grid takes a lot of configuration, but the snap-ins for grid covers so much functionality. I tried vuhdo a bit in the past and never quite felt like it could pull me off grid. If I remember it was how the hots and such displayed in the frames and I couldn't get it to be more to my liking.

Also one of the best healers ive ever played with uses healbot. While I agree healbot is not for me it's also true that healbot is just a tool, and doesn't make or break the player.

I do however think that a healer needs to use one of the mentioned addons. Mormie was a stock UI healer and did well with it, but at the same time on occasion he would miss something that could have been easier to handle with a dedicated healing UI.
Savallia

well for sure if you got the way to do griid down pat most dont break away- but i like using mods helps me track better plus i dont have to have a thousand little buttons everywhere- but I agree, no matter which method is your preference its good to pick one or another. good on ya for bein good at grid but my whole point was if you use healbot- and are like most ive encountered that dont like all the little buggy annoyances that coem with- here's an alternative without having to learn an entirely new way to heal.

GM Fright
Officer

I use grid also, along with decursive and Clique. Those three addons do pretty much everything I need them to do.

Grid tracks health defecits, and also hots/shields/beacon etc using the corner dots or the outline. Decursive does the, well, decursing and such.

Clique allows me to assign all my healing spells to mouse buttons and shift/ctrl mouse buttons. I turn the unit frame thing to only Grid, and then I just click on the grid unit frames to heal.

For example, on my shaman Earth Shield is shift+middlemouse. I'll hit Cattle's grid frame with that, and a yellow dot appears in the top left corner of his frame until earthshield falls off. Chain heal is left mouse button, lesser healing wave is right mouse button, greater healing wave is shift+leftmouse, riptide is shift+right mouse. When I hit someone with riptide, a green dot pops up in the top right corner, and if earthliving procs on someone, a green dot appears in the bottom right corner.

On the priest, prayer of mending and renew are the yellow/green dots. If I shield someone, their grid frame is outlined in gold, and if they've got weakened soul and can't be shielded, either because of my shield or anyone else's, they they are outlined in red. Circle of Healing and Prayer of Healing are cast using ctrl+left/right mouse button.

It's simple and fast and easy, like healing should be. The only complaint is the lack of timer/charge counter for dots, earth shield, etc, but that's hardly necessary and is no deal breaker. It can take a long time to configure the first time around, too. I'll post a screenshot maybe sometime.

I've been using xperl + decursive from late vanilla, throughout our BC raiding and even until now. I've tried to ween myself off and given grid, clique, healbot and all that jazz a shot but I just can't get comfortable with it. You might say it's more efficient but I just need to point and click to get things done... and it still works for me. Simple is best!

Forum Image

Tuco.

Yea fright, I have clique, but basically I use it as a glorified mouseover macro. With priest healing at least I just couldn't come up with an arrangement of click, r click, m click - combined with shift, ctrl and alt to allow all the different heals a priest uses to be bound. I also use decursive because i was so used to it from the mage.

As for timers, most hots and such do have a setting in grid that will change its colors based on how many stacks or how much time is on them. For example one corner in a grid box is reserved for renews that I cast. Freshly casted it is green, when it has 2 tics left it turns yellow, and with one tic it turns red. So I know when it is about to drop off. (GridStatusHots)

I do the same thing with PW:S/Weakened soul, except its in a corner.

Also for those who use grid there is a module that puts icon in grid for all key raid boss debuffs, such as infest, mark etc. (GridStatusRaidDebuff) the only thing I had to configure is to make the icon smaller so it didnt block my ability to see health bar.

The one separate mod I use for a priest is one that tracks POM. Since I choose to not show pets in grid I want to know if my POM is sitting off on some pet wasting away. This mod shows who pom is on, how many stacks it has left, and how much time it has before it wears away.

I also wrote one mod for myself that allows me right click on any spell and if its self castable it will. This strictly for heals or buffs, but it allows me to keep my target and oh shit save myself.
Savallia

so than basically using grid is (from reading) not much different than using healbot or vuhdo- Cause i just keybind the same things to each combination of clicks on my mouse to do so and it frees up a lot of screen space. guess i had old school grid in my mind that you had to target and click cast stuff- which i know some still use but I cant - great for soem but for me time consuming heh- I'll screen shot it sometime.

GM Fright
Officer

I used a mod called Quickheal for the longest time on my shaman that I think was a lot like healbot. Just showed a bar for everyone that was their health deficit, and you could keybind your various healing spells to it. But the Gird+Clique combination, when configured right, is just better.

And you're right Vel, you do have to target and click or keybind cast stuff with Grid, but if you use the mod Clique in conjunction it eliminates that and just lets you click the frames to heal.

I dunno if my healing tips are still relevant, but i used to be pretty damn good at it Happy

I heal almost exactly like Brasidas, less the decursive mod (couldnt ever get it to work like i wanted it to). Basically i can watch debuffs pop up on the player and not have to worry about configuring grid to recoginze that debuff. Xperl does a lot of this automatically and after about a week of getting used to it, it gives you every bit of information you need. Magic debuffs show up in blue, diseases in puke green, anything else doesnt show up because you cant do shit about it! (as a priest anyway)

As for clique, i think if you don't have this mod as a healer you need to re-roll. It is a glorified mouse-over macro, but it is so simplified and easy to use that i see it as a necessity. I have a 4 button mouse (left/right/forward/back) to which i have bound flash heal, renew, CoH, and dispel. Everything else that is important is keybound (PoH, PoM, etc.) That way you can easily stack serendipity with you mouse on random raid members or a tank, and release it when it's really necessary. Way back when we were doing Mimiron for the first time, it was this simplified set up that always kept me at or near the top of healing meters.

Keep It Simple Stupid- K.I.S.S.

P.S. as a side note, Clique can also be used on offenders as well as friendly targets. This is INSANELY useful when you need to dispell something off a target (like the shields in Naxx) There arent many encounters out there that require this right now, but there have been in the past (the council boss in ZA) and you can bet there will be in the future.

I'll try to Post my UI soon too
Sopheea

Healbot doesn't suck... at all. You just need to know how to set it up properly, just like any other mod. Been using it for years and it just keeps getting better. I've tried Grid, VuhDo, X-perl, and none of them have served me as well as healbot has. I'll have to take a screenshot next raid to post... Haven't taken a new one in a while.

I think the thing i didn't like about Vuhdo was that it put your hots to the side of the health bar or underneath. With Healbot I can put them directly on the bar, and it's much more compact. It also serves as decursive and clique built in. I use about a gazillion mods, so 3 in 1 is good for me.
Sopheea

Screenshot!

Clickit for bigger piktur.

Forum Image
Savallia

Forum Image

sooo this is it- my new UI lovin it like crazy with my vuhdo and nui everything seems a lot more streamlined for me.

Wreckrium

Smexy... what map map mod is that?

Savallia

no map mod- just nUI wiht a graphic mod change to make it more priesty.

Look up nUI on curse.com and you'll find it- they have a bunch of different "themes" avail too

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: