This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Fright
Officer

re: DKP Rules and Dedicated Raider Requirements

The DKP system we use is very similar in design to the system that many of us have used for a long time, and the system that I have used going all the way back to the very first time I set foot in Molten Core. It's tried and proven, and works perfectly for our needs.

Earning DKP:
DKP will be awarded based on several factors, primarily attendance. Bonuses for bosses killed or time spent in the raid will often be awarded based on the boss and the raid night. Progression raids will be worth more DKP than farm nights. There will be a DKP cap of 450DKP.

Generally speaking, the average DKP award per raid night will be 15, 20, and 30 for Tuesday, Wednesday and Monday, respectively. This is not a hard and fast rule, and will fluctuate greatly and often. DKP will be awarded at different points during the raid to account for those that left or joined during the raid.

Members on the Wait List during a raid will recieve 2/3rds of the total DKP awarded to the members of the raid, provided they are in-game or in vent and available for the duration of the raid, unless otherwise released early.

--
This system rewards those who are on time, stay the whole time, and help push towards new progression. It will be less rewarding to just show up for farm nights. It also accounts for the very definite need of a progression guild to have a waitlist.
--

Bidding and Winning on gear:
We will use a Silent Bid method of bidding and winning on gear. This is not a complicated system at all. When something drops that you want, then once bids open you'll simply whisper me with the amount of DKP you are willing to spend on that item. If you're willing to spend more than anyone else, you win the item FOR THE AMOUNT YOU BID. You may only bid with the DKP that you started the raid with. You will not be able to use DKP earned in a raid in that same raid.

We will not award the winner the item for 1 DKP higher than the next bidder. This distorts the system and allows members to grossly overbid, knowing they won't necessarily have to spend that amount. You will pay what you bid, and therefore you will only bid what you value the item to be worth.

If you have no DKP, or less than the minimum bid, but are interested in an item, let the raid leader know, and if no one else bids, you may have that item for the minimum amount and go negative.

THIS SECTION IS VERY IMPORTANT:
With the ability to trade recently looted BoP items to other eligible characters, it is important to bring this point up. DKP sharing and loot sharing...
WILL. NOT. BE. TOLERATED.
If you bid and win an item, that item is yours. If it comes to light that you bid on that item for another member and gave it to them, the minimum penalty will be three times the spent DKP deducted from both members. Further action, including loss of membersihp in the guild, will be considered. I cannot be clearer on this point. I could try, but I won't. Don't do this.

Minimum Item Values:
-BoP and BoE boss and trash epic drops: bids start at 10. BoE's must be equipped immediately.
---Off Spec starts at 5. It must be an alt spec item to go for the reduced amount. BoE's will not be bid on for off spec.
-Tier Tokens: bids start at 20. You may go negative for main spec at 20 for these items if no one else bids.
---Off spec starts at 10.
-Crafting item drops (i.e. Primordial Saronite, etc): bids start at 5. Bidding will be done at the end of every raid. Selling these items is the quickest way to a gkick that you'll find.

---

Further changes may be implemented as the system, our guild, and the game grow and change. As always, our members' opinions on this and any other topic are always welcome. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to whisper me, I will always take the time to answer questions and explain any policy currently in effect in the guild.

And if your whisper starts with "In my old guild, we used....", then please just keep it to yourself.

-Fright

Last edited by GM Fright on 06/27/2011 4:49 pm; edited 5 times in total

DEDICATED RAIDERS

You want to be one.

But how do I do that, you ask? This is how:

The "Dedicated" rank will be awarded to members currently at Raider status that have maintained exceptional Sign Up* and Raid Attendance** records. These two things are tracked very closely. The original version of the spreadsheet I use to track signups and attendance can be found in the file library by clicking on one of the images on the right of the website. This spreadsheet has changed significantly since that version was posted, but that gives you a good idea of what I'm using to track everything. You are given credit for signing up if you sign up as available, tentative, or unavailable. You just have to sign up.
*Note: Credit for Signups is cut-off at 6:00 pm server time, 15 minutes before invites begin. Sign up early, and if you're unsure if you'll be able to make it, use the Tentative option. Those signed up as Available will be given priority over those signed up as Tentative, but that's infinitely better than a no-show.
**Note: Credit for Attendance is given if you are online and available for the raid. This includes members of the waitlist.

The minimum requirements to achieve the Dedicated rank is a 90% signup/showup average PER RAID NIGHT. For example, if you sign up 100% of the time for Mondays, and you show up 80% of the time, then your average is 90%, and you're good for Monday. You also have to maintain that for Tuesday and Wednesday.

Here's a real example:

Raider: AoRschmuck
Attendance: Monday - 85%, Tuesday - 100%, Wednesday - 70%.
Average: Monday - 93%, Tuesday - 100%, Wednesday - 85%.

Because of Wednesday attendance, AoRschmuck does not qualify to become a Dedicated Raider. If he brings that average up while maintaining his other averages, then he's in. One thing he does have going for him is his signups. If you just sign up everyday (which is ridicufuckinglously easy), then it makes the whole thing simpler.

The rank will fluctuate. If a Dedicated Raider allows his attendance to fall, then he will be removed from the rank. It will be based on the previous three months of raiding, and will be adjusted based on when the member joined the guild.

The attendance tracking in Rapid Raid DOES NOT MATTER. DO NOT ASK ME QUESTION ABOUT YOUR RAPID RAID ATTENDANCE, IT DOES NOT MATTER.

Benefits of being a Dedicated Raider:

The benefits of being a Dedicated raider are simple. Aside from slightly increased bank access, it basically comes down to the wait list. Members who have proven their dedication to the guild and to our raiding progression, i.e. Dedicated Raiders, will not be put on the wait list. Raiders and Initiates are subject to be waitlisted if needed at my discretion based on the raid content and the current group composition. Dedicated Raiders are gauranteed a raid spot, assuming they are signed up as Available.

The rank is meant to be fairly exclusive. Not everyone is able to maintain that sort of attendance, but it is also not an extraordinarily diffcult goal to obtain, considering the simple act of signing up accounts for half of it.

So that's that. Sign Up, Show Up, and the rest is cake.
So long as you don't suck.

Last edited by GM Fright on 07/18/2011 11:49 pm; edited 8 times in total

Updated the No-Show policy on June 24th, 2010.

Updated the Off-Spec bidding policy on June 30th, 2010.

Large update on 11/22/2010 to reflect the way the policy has grown and changed.
Also added information on the Dedicated rank.

A couple insignificant additions to reflect policies already in place.

Also, DKP has been adjusted for 4.2. Everyone's current DKP has been reduced by 75% across the board. This is a much smaller reduction than the Cataclysm launch reduction, and will serve the purpose of increasing the value of DKP going into the new content, while at the same time giving those who had large amounts of unspent DKP a significant advantage in the beginning of our progression.

Updated again to reflect the fact that RAPID RAID ATTENDANCE DOES NOT MATTER. STOP FUCKING ASKING ME QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR STUPID RAPID RAID ATTENDANCE, IT DOES NOT MATTER.

I track attendance personally, as outlined above. If you're signing up and showing up, then don't fucking worry about it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: