Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bananashroom

re: TotFW: The Conclave of Wind

Some solid attempts made and we learn some new things along the way. Most people know that my main source for raid boss info tankspot.com. it gives clear explanation for me and i like aliena's voice. anyway feedback....

-I think we all know that if you're in any platform, if possible, stay clear of the landing zone. Reason is simple, you dont want to land on harmful things. Couple of places you can stand. Such as the steps on the side or anywhere in the middle.
-Anyone standing on either platform needs to understand the mechanics of that specific boss(duh) especially Rohash. the Spout like thing is nasty. get use to it, avoid it.
-As tankspot mentioned, the "best" timing for jumping to another platform is when the boss has 80 energy on its bar(90 being the max). i think you cannot jump over when the bosses do their ultimate ability.

A couple of things we need to fine tune is probably tank switching timing and maybe even out the dpsing. Its still a learning fight to try get a comfortable strat for us.

Suggestion:
As tankspot mentioned, they made the tank switch at about 80 energy bar. to be honest, im not sure where i can check on how much energy the bosses have. The switch they made was perfect in a way cause as soon as they land, the boss starts their ultimate ability. i think once we get the proper timing, everything should fall in place.

Anyway thats my 2cents.

I've got an idea for doing it with three tanks that I think will make the switching easier, and I don't think we'll lack the DPS to kill things using three tanks. Let me get it all down and then I'll post it.

Here you go. I've updated the Boss Strategies page (link at the top of the website) with this Strategy:

Conclave of Winds:

We will use 3 tanks and 6-7 healers.
Rohash's platform (Eastern) will have 1 healer and 3 ranged DPS, preferably priests and mages that can use slowfall on themselves. They will stay on that platform 100% of the time, avoiding tornadoes and the spinning, gusting, killing wind thing (Winds of Change). During the super ability, slowfall yourself so you don't fall to your death. All DPS and healer references in the rest of this strat excludes these 4.
The rest of the raid will spend most of their time switching bewteen Nezir (northern) and Anshal (western).

The DPS switching rotation will be easy. DPS will start on Anshal and will burn him at the start as much as possible. At about 50 energy, adds will be summoned. These adds need to be killed ASAP. Focus fire and keep them out of the green circles on the ground. After the adds are dead, switch to Nezir's platform and burn him. The super abilities will go off, and the DPS will stay on Nezir until their energy is again up to 20-25, then the DPS will switch back over to Anshal, kill the adds when they spawn, then again swtich back to Nezir. Rinse and repeat.

The Tank swap will be more complicated. Each tank will have a dedicated healer that will go wherever and whenever that tank goes, the remaining healers will transition with the DPS. There will be 3 tanking stations: Nezir, Anshal, and Adds, and the tanks will rotate between these three stations in this order: Adds -> Anshal -> Nezir -> Adds, etc. Basically, at the start of the fight there will be two tanks on Anshal's platform, one on the boss while the other waits for the adds. Adds spawn, add tank picks them up and DPS kill them. When the adds are dead, or at 75 energy, whichever comes first, the add tank will taunt Anshal, the Anshal tank will jump to Nezir, and the Nezir tank will jump to Anshal after Nezir is picked up. The super abilities will go off. At this point, there will be 1 tank+healer at Nezir, 2 tank+healer and Anshal, and all the DPS and remaining healers also at Nezir.

After the super abilities, the current Anshal tank will need heals and cooldowns from BOTH healers on his platform, as anshal will hit very, very hard for 10-15 seconds. The tanks can taunt kite some to help if possible.

After the buff wears off, the current Add tank will Taunt Anshal (before adds come out, I know), the Anshal tank+healer will go to Nezir, and then the Nezir tank+healer will go to the Adds. This should be about the same time that the DPS are transitioning back to kill the adds, also. Kill the adds, swap tanks, DPS transition, repeat.

So here's as good a breakdown as I can get:
First Round:
0-45 energy - DPS kill Anshal, tanks and healers stationary.
45-75 energy - DPS kill adds
75-80 energy - DPS to Nezir. Add tank to Anshal, Anshal tank to Nezir, Nezir tank to Adds.
Super
Second round and after:
0-20 energy - DPS kill Nezir, Anshal tanks stay alive.
20-30 energy - DPS to anshal. Add tank to Anshal, Anshal tank to Nezir, Nezir tank to Adds.
30-75 energy - DPS kill adds.
75-80 energy - DPS to Nezir. Add tank to Anshal, Anshal tank to Nezir, Nezir tank to Adds.
Super

Once Nezir and Anshal are both around 10%, the DPS will go to Rohash after the super and kill him. Then everyone will go to Nezir and kill him. Then everyone will go to Anshal and kill him, ignoring the adds. This must happen within 1 minute. We will likely assign one or two DPS each to stay with Anshal/Nezir during this to make sure they die close together.

Fìn.

Edit: I can't read. Answered my own question.
Bananashroom

bumpidipity bump bump

Jump to: