Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: BWD: Chimaeron

official strat TBA...
discuss.

Last edited by GM Fright on 01/18/2011 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total

tankspot video
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72784-Chimaeron

healing intensive, 3 phase fight. fun fight.

comments from tankspot

brotip : stop dps just before phase 3, wait for feud. He will continue fueding even below 20% and you can just pre-lust and you will start p3 with chimaeron below 15% hp and everyone at over 75% health. He will not massacre after a feud if you drop him below the 20% mark. Got our achievement that way.

Wasnt break reduced healing done not taken? Rather than swapping around stacks we had the mt tanking the majority of the time (and getting a high stack of break which made very little difference) while the ot taunted just for double attacks with the mt taunting back as soon as the buff went.

bump for anyone to add info/question about strats and such.

Okay, so he's going to do his Massacre on the timer. The Massacre will do one of two things: nothing or trigger feud (via disabling the robot). When we get a massacre everyone has to be SUPER aware of what is going on and needs to be ready to get to the designated grouping spot. It would also appear that the Massacre cast directly following a feud will not cause a second feud (I don't trust myself enough to say that this is 100% accurate). At least that's what it looked like to me.

Furthermore it would seem logical to not top anyone off (exception: the current tank) and rather focus on triaging everyone below 10%. I know that was pretty much a given and stated from the beginning but it really does seem like a key part of the encounter, so hearing it again can't hurt. Keeping enough DPS alive for the burn phase is critical as there will be no healing possible in the third phase and you basically have to burn him before he burns you.

All in all, pretty good attempts tonight. I think we'll have him on Monday and start getting into Conclave pulls.

EDIT: Can't believe we didn't notice this during the raid - we don't have to tank swap. The debuff he casts is Increased Damage Taken and Decreased healing DONE! Just have to have the OT taunt when Chim gains the Double Strike buff to stop the MT from taking a hit from it. This is because the robot's buff makes all damage irrelevant as long as you have more than 10k hp at any given time. This would alleviate the need for so much dedicated tank healing and allow one of the tank healers to swap to spot healing the raid.
Bananashroom

i just rewatch the video from tankspot. i think there's a few new info to consider.

From the commentary "at first we try to find a pattern to fued. at one time we're convince that fued will be cast every 3 Massacre. but we were wrong. the cast time is TOTALLY random. unless someone manage to find a pattern somehow, if not its totally random"

so mini and sile, thanks for counting but i really think its random. so since we cant predict when it will cast, we have to know why the hell we're grouping up.
this is what happens when feud is cast.

Feud cast.

15secs to group up before first caustic slime

reason why we group up? cause caustic slime deals 320k damage divide by people around(per target or 2 person i think) so thats the reason you need to group up quick before the first slime drops. healers, could do alternate cooldowns or whatever cool healing aoe spells do.

after the first caustic slime, the next will drop in 5secs(twice i think before massacre). i believe this is when shit starts to get messy cause some people will not get topped off yet. so healers should probably watch out for this cause thats when the healing gets intensive. could wait for the first slime drop before using cd perhaps?

then he cast massacre and we all go back to our normal position.

to me this is new information lol. so yes. understand the fight to win the fight! new dead boss on monday woot woot!

"We use 7 healers. We started having 1 healer use a raid healing CD (tranq/hym) each fued, the thing that pushed us over the top was aslo having 1 hybrid do the same thing after the 1st caustic slime went out in each feud."
^comment from tankspot

I'm convinced that it switches around 2 to 3 massacres before feud. The only thing that I'm not sure about is if it starts randomly with 2 or 3 massacres, but it definitely will suck if it's completely random and we'll have to run in whenever a massacre is casted.

Mini, it is totally random. The reason you're seeing the 2s and 3s is because he can't cast it on the first Massacre that directly follows the Feud, so the next one would be 2 and the one after that would be 3 if the second one doesn't trigger.
Somosito
Raider

Food for thought, with the tanking adjustment and being able to pull a healer off, we would probably be able to just run in when he starts casting fued.

You have that one extra healer going from raid healing to tank healing, and honestly everyone should be able to get there in like three seconds tops, probably quicker.

Another thing, if you were to put lightwell between the tanks / stacking spot then everyone would have access. Take advantage of the 20 yard range.

Having Acramor as well would be nice. Stacking three shadow priests would give 3/5 groups Vampiric Embrace.

Just some things I was thinking about is all.

To the DK's out there:

Death Strike heals for over 10K.

I took a considerable drop in DPS when I stopped casting Unholy Frenzy and started saving runes to make sure I had a DS available for every massacre, but guess what?

I didn't die. It was like having a healing potion after every massacre. The only timed I died after I started saving DS's was during the stack with the raidwide damage, and no amount of DS could fix that.
GM Fright
Officer

Hulkssmash wrote:

I took a considerable drop in DPS

you lost me.

It is your job to help stay alive, but it's MOSTLY your job to DPS. If your healer isn't doing their job, then they need to fix it. Death Strike after a massacre might not be a bad idea, but massacre only happens once every 30 seconds, so let's not get carried away with it and sacrifice our ability to actually kill the boss.

Unless you died because you didn't stack up fast enough, then it is your healer's fault.

Yeah I like that hulk, for a while i was using a few things to help me out as well...but when it comes down to it...

It's not your responsibility in this fight. There isn't really anything you can do that will kill you and be "your fault" for not avoiding damage or whatever, aside from not stacking up at the appropriate time. Just trust your healers and kill kill kill.

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

Masticrom

in the immortal words of the blood hound gang "Burn motherfucker...BURN!"
Somosito
Raider

GM Fright wrote:
Hulkssmash wrote:

I took a considerable drop in DPS

you lost me.

And it only took seven words!

On a serious note, I'd just use a bandage tick or two here and there versus worrying about your runes.

kill time later. refresh your memory if you have forgotten.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: