Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: BWD: Atramedes

Official strat TBA....
Discuss

Last edited by GM Fright on 01/13/2011 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

im back! lets begin..

this fight will introduce a new mechanism, which is the sound bar. Atramedes is blind, so just like daredevil he will be attracted to sound. the MAIN POINT to this fight is to dodge dodge dodge and win. avoid nasty stuff, stay alive and win.

Sound bar- max sound you can get is 100. if you get to 100. you will die. so avoid getting avoidable sound at all cost.

Phase1, Ground phase, 80secs

Sonar Pulse - spawn 4 sound disc that will go to 4 random points. Easily avoidable. it move slowly and easily spotted. if you get hit, you will gain 7 sound and some damage.

Modulation- a huge ring will pop out from atramedes. 40k shadow damage and add 7 sound. Unavoidable so take it like a man.

Sonic Breath**- Targets the person with the highest sound and will cast a nasty flame breath that deals high damage and add sound. the more sound you have the faster it will follow the targeted person. flame breath has a 2 sec cast and can be kited. It is also a 6 secs channeled spell. advisable to move away from the group(just like magmatron laser target/flame breath). so dont panic and dont be stupid. high chance on target a range.

Searing Flame- 8 secs fire aoe that deals 20k damage to everyone and leaves a fire debuff. IMPORTANT that it is interrupted. and the only way it can be interrupted is to use the gongs at the side of the room. Gong is a 1 time use only and there are 10 gongs. hitting a gong will also cause vertigo to the boss which stuns the boss for 5 secs and increase damage done to him.

Phase 2, Flight phase, 40secs.

As soon as phase 2 starts, he will target once again the person with the highest sound and shoots a fire beam at you. run away from it. dont run into everyone if you're targeted. fire beam will move faster if you have more sound. the fire beam will will leave patches of fire on the ground. if or when the fire beam gets to fast to be kited, you can use the gong once again to cast vertigo on the boss. however when doing so, the person that use the gong will be target next. so im guessing that the person that gets targetted will try and kite it aas much as possible before hitting the gong and rise and repeat.

Roaring Flame- cast random fire patches on the ground. dont stand on fire.

Sonar pulse- these will spawn randomly on the ground. as soon as you see one pop up near or on you, move the fuck away. a missile will hit that spot and does damage and increase sound.

so on phase 2 its advisable to keep moving. thats all, rinse repeat and win.

Video links

tankspot
http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72723-Atramedes

Wowwiki
http://www.wowwiki.com/Atramedes

Additional info from comments of tankspot.

-there is a possibility of gongs respawning. some gong looks like they respawn but cant be click.
- one commented that a priest lightwell increase sound. possibly a bug.
-Any spells that make you immune from being targeted by flame breath is a no no. this will cause atramedes to suddenly switch target to someone else which might be disastrous. examples are fd(maybe), iceblock, pally bubbles.

Blue post as of 01/04/2011
-Sonar Pulse is now spawned on top of Atramedes' current location and will spawn regardless of where Atramedes is tanked. In addition, Sonar Pulse now idles for 1 second after being cast before they move away from their spawn location.
-It is no longer possible to use immunities to reset a player's sound bar while fighting Atramedes.
-Atramedes' Sonic Breath now properly ignores line of sight.

bump for fight that you can easily fuck up and wipe the raid.

Bananashroom wrote:

Phase 2, Flight phase, 40secs.

so on phase 2 its advisable to keep moving. thats all, rinse repeat and win.

Does this boss really have a phase where all you have to do is run away from things and designate a couple people for the gongs?

Is there an enrage timer or is this really just a fight about staying alive?

Edit: no, there is something to do during air phase. MOAR DOTS!

Last edited by Hulkssmash on 01/12/2011 4:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
GM Fright
Officer

It's absolutely a fight about staying alive.

if your spec has any movement speed increase. this is a good fight to have it. if not, you can get one of the cheap wotlk enchants. if it helps you its useful, if you trust yourself that you can do it. make sure you do.

Good attempts. getting really close to another new dead boss.

some feedback...

Dont tunnel vision, i admit i tunnel vision at times and get unnecessary damage. for this i apologise and try to do better.

If you havent been paying attention to the fight and just staring at your bars, the fight goes like this

Pull
aoe damage
avoid sonar disc
run right/left(if target)
aoe damage
avoid disc
interrupt with gong
run right/right
avoid disc
aoe damage

air phase
run to the spawn point
am i target?
yes- kite it around til someone hits the gong
no- range dps boss/avoid fire. melee avoid fire and /dance

so yea thats it. rinse and repeat that 3-4 times and we got a kill.

One thing to remember is that we only have 10 gongs. If we're using 1 per ground phase and 2 per air phase, we have an encounter like this:

0:00 PULL
0:00 - 1:20 Ground, gong 1
1:20 - 2:00 Air, gongs 2 & 3
2:00 - 3:20 Ground, gong 4
3:20 - 4:00 Air, gongs 5 & 6
4:00 - 5:20 Ground, gong 7
5:20 - 6:00 Air, gongs 8 & 9
6:00 - 7:20 Ground, final gong
7:20 DEAD

So, we have about 7 minutes to kill him, should be plenty of time since he only has around 97M hp.

Also, from a tanking perspective if we could try to avoid dropping/kiting fires right in the landing zone it would make my life better and I would love everyone. <3
Ourstateobzen

I believe I remember seeing one video where during the air phase, the raid mainly stayed around the outer edge of the room, perhaps this is the reason why? To avoid fire-mania where we want to be standing?
Alinthsux

It makes sense. You've seen the cluster-fuck that can occur when that fire gets spread all over the place.
GM Fright
Officer

the only fire we can control is the fire beam that we're kiting, and we're moving to the spawn point to help control that. the rest of the fire patches are supposedly random, and seemed that way to me last night.

GM Fright wrote:
the only fire we can control is the fire beam that we're kiting, and we're moving to the spawn point to help control that. the rest of the fire patches are supposedly random, and seemed that way to me last night.

I'm not sure if it is entirely random. They seemed to land awfully close to my feet and/or face.

Best guess? Fire patches are based on sound. If you have a lot of sound, expect fire. If there was a recent gong, expect fire patches to be more randomly placed.
Alinthsux

I'd be inclined to agree with Hulk, you see quite a lot of fire near where people are standing and less where they aren't. This may just be due to peoples' natural attraction to the fire in this game though.
Hulkssmash

ooooo....shiney...

must...touch...glow-y....light...

oh wait.

HULK SMASH FIRE.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: