Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: BWD: Maloriak

Maloriak:

This fight comes in 2 phases, 100%-20% and 20%-dead. Phase 1 is further divided into 3 rotating sections, or Colors.
At the pull, he will either throw a Red Vial into the cauldron, or a Blue Vial into the cauldron, activating that specific color phase. He'll then activate Red or Blue, whichever wasn't first, as the second color phase. The Green phase will always be third. Throughout the encounter he will occasionally buff himself with "Remedy," and this must be Spell Stolen by a mage IMMEDIATELY.

Red Phase
During the Red phase, the entire raid will stack upon the tank, in front of the boss to absorb the shared damage cone flame breath. If you get the "Consuming Flames" debuff, run out of the raid to the side. As during every color phase, interrupting the Arcane Storm is a primary priority.
Blue Phase
During the Blue phase, the ranged and healers will spread out. He will occasionally Ice Block a ranged raid member, dealing damage and freezing them. Healers must HEAL THIS PERSON before the nearest ranged DPS breaks the Ice Block, as the act of breaking it will deal more damage to the person. Melee will continue interrupting Arcane Storm.
Green Phase
During the Green phase, Maloriak will cover everyone in the room with a damage taken increasing debuff. The Main Tank will bring Maloriak backwards and stack the entire raid on top of the two Off Tanks and all the adds that have been summoned, and the raid will AOE HARD on the adds.

Adds
During each color phase rotation (blue>red>green or red>blue>green), Maloriak will cast "Summon Abberation" 6 times total, twice in each color. The two casts in the first color phase must be interrupted. The two casts in the second color phase, and the first cast in the Green phase will need to be let through. The second cast in the green phase MUST be interrupted. There will be two Off Tanks, each picking up 4-5 adds and tanking them separately until the green phase. All the adds need to be dead before 20%.

20%
At 20% he will summon all remaining adds not yet summoned, which ideally will be none. He will also release the two Prime Subject adds. These can be partly tanked, but will also fixate on random raid members, and that member will need to kite it. Maloriak will stop throwing vials and doing color phases, but will gain several raid wide damage abilities, as well as some on-the-ground-hurty-stuff... stay out of it and burn the boss.

Last edited by GM Fright on 01/11/2011 8:06 pm; edited 2 times in total

How to: Maloriak normal

Assign one person to interrupt arcane storm
Assign one person to dispel buff during green phase
Assign one or two kiters for aberrations (tanks/frost DKs in BP work best), use hunter frost traps/Frost DKs chillblains to kite them around
Only release 2 or 3 sets of adds for each green phase (4 if you want the achiev). The boss casts release aberrations 4 times before every green phase, so make sure you interrupt only one or two or youll have a %^&* ton of adds during the burn phase.
If you are having trouble kiting in 10man, try this. Let the first set of adds go through, have your offtank tank 2 off them and single target them down one by one (some dps with taunt just get them off). The bosses enrage timer isnt really strict, so you can kill some adds with single target dps between green phases if you are struggling with too many adds.

Boss starts in no phase at all, just interrupt arcane storm and first (and maybe second) set of add spawn.
Red OR frost phase comes first.
If its red, everyone move to a cone (tank turn boss around) so breath damage spreads.
If its blue, everyone spread and kill frozen players after healing them.

While the red/blue phases are going on, the kiters just kite the aberrations around, just DONT KITE UNDER BOSS.

After red or blue, comes the other one, and third green. Gather adds under boss, aoe like ¤)=(/#()¤# and hopefully youll kill all the adds. If you dont, spread the adds and single target them down (they dont hit too hard solo).

Keep on doing this until 25% (or 20 cant remember), when Maloriak releases all remaining adds + 2 big adds (prime subjects, which have a fixate that lasts 7 DAYS btw : D). Hopefully youll have killed most of the aberrations by now, just burn the boss down, tank the big adds, avoid fires and frost orbs and enjoy loot

^comments from wowhead. THIS IS NOT THE STRAT FOR AOR, so dont go yelling to fright saying we must do this specific way. anyway i cant find a video of this in tankspot.

Videos.

some european guild. Ele shaman PoV. no explaination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWRUv3iWMBU

Totalbiscuit(love him). mage PoV. 10man. Explanation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc1jjzqhUjg&feature=channel

3 colors phase.

Red phase.
Group up. does a flame breath that is shared damage

Blue phase.
Spread out. will iceblock random raid members(i assume its like sindra's ice tomb. if you too close to a person target, you get iceblock too). Requires a 1 shot damage attack to break it(assuming like ignis construct after its being "cooled off") in 10 man it took a 5k damage hit to break it.

Green phase.
aoe adds down. cause the boss will do something to the adds.

A couple of things will be happening in the fight. Firstly, its a sort of dps race. 8 min enrage in 25man(not confirm). tanks will be kiting/tank adds to be aoe during green phase. he does a storm thing that needs to be interrupt to reduce raid damage.

Sorry for no proper spell explanation this time round. Personal opinion, killable boss in 2hrs of attempts. game face on!

Updated the original post and the Boss Strategies page.

This boss looks like an absolute joke.

Let's one-shot him, plz.
Masticrom

Agreed, a little more explaination on the hurty shit Fright was talking about in phase 2. He will charge teh MT, doing like a fire charge, which will inevibly leave a trail of fire behind him(who would have guessed!) This fire will remain on the ground for awhile, so Melee stay out of it! The 2 big adds released as Fright said will pick a random raid member, so it will be up to the OT's to bring them back away from everyone else, so that when they start running for someone, you can tell. These 2 bigs boys CAN be taunted back, so just save your angry words for when they go after someone besides the OT's.
Bananashroom

im fine with the strat overall except for the kiting around the cauldron. kinda dangerous for melee when suddenly the fire thing pop up on you. i think only me and obzen survive for the kill. i spend about a 50/50 of my time dpsing boss and avoiding fire.

I think the worst part of it was when he was behind the cauldron. There was so little space and so much shit, I had to heroic leap out of a fire right onto where he spawned a new fire. I noticed he made the fire in a line in front of him, could he maybe be tanked against/facing a wall?
Masticrom

Yes, and he should be. Was to busy last night keep the big adds angry ay me... Which it seems to me they didn't go chase a random raid member like I was expecting them to. Haq, did yours try to? Also recommend updating original post for our new interrupt strategy.
Hulkssmash

Ourstateobzen wrote:
I think the worst part of it was when he was behind the cauldron. There was so little space and so much shit, I had to heroic leap out of a fire right onto where he spawned a new fire. I noticed he made the fire in a line in front of him, could he maybe be tanked against/facing a wall?

As soon as i followed him around the corner behind that cauldron he dropped a line of fire and a poison cloud or w/e.

Next thing I know my frame rate drops do about 1 and then im dead.

I'm working on the specs to build myself a new computer, but until then, can we try to avoid pulling him around that corner? it seems like a deathtrap.

Also, I was experiencing MAJOR frame rate drops during the ice explosion (where the big white ball of death explodes on screen). Was anyone else getting that?
GM Fright
Officer

Ourstateobzen wrote:
I noticed he made the fire in a line in front of him, could he maybe be tanked against/facing a wall?

Well that's exactly what I told Sterne to do, and in a perfect world I think he would have done it no problem, but it's expecting a lot to ask a tank to drag and position and avoid and survive and threat gen and shit all at once, and do it perfectly, and do it on a first kill, on a fight like that. I think we'll need to think of a simpler way to avoid all that jazz, but chances are it will involve going in circles around the cauldron. Probably just bigger circles.

Masticus wrote:
Also recommend updating original post for our new interrupt strategy.

I need to update several of our strats, and write several more. I'll get around to it before the next tier, I promise....

Masticrom wrote:
...they didn't go chase a random raid member like I was expecting them to. Haq, did yours try to?

Mine swapped off once but as soon as I taunted him he stayed on me, but to my chagrin right after I taunted him he whacked me for upwards of my life total in one shot. So my guess is that they do a fixate as a damage buff on themselves and then swap to a random target. This would mean once they drop aggro, you want to taunt then try to kite. Not sure how to kite him without getting a slow on him however since they run faster than you while in "batshit crazy" mode.
Ourstateobzen

HEROIC LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAP
Hulkssmash

Ourstateobzen wrote:
HEROIC LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAP

^^ should be the caption for your picture Obz.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: