Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: TotFW: Al'Akir

Official strat TBA...
discuss

Last edited by GM Fright on 03/06/2011 8:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Many many many things happening. it gets easier once we do a couple of pulls.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72900-Al-Akir

im not gonna do a write up on the boss cause i havent been feeling well these past few days. but here is couple of tips i read(all from tankspot)

Phase1.
this phase will last from 100% to 80%. key thing about this phase is position. fright would probably have done some research as to how we will stand. phase 1 also basically teaches you about most of the shits you need to take note. like avoiding tornado, going closer to the boss when he is gonna do a knock back. so yea, a couple of wipes to get used to everything then we can get to phase 2.

Phase2.
this phase is know to be "easier" then phase 1. it will last from 80% to 25%. a couple of things that happen in phase 1 will happen in phase 2 too. like the tornados. the key thing to this fight seems to be killing the adds. killing adds allow us to do 10% more damage on boss per adds and it stacks. thetricky bit is that it last for 20secs. so if you kill the first one as soon as it pops, there's a high chance the buff will drop and we dont have enough stack to get to phase 3. but why stack the buff? we are so awesome we dont need them! no we need, because in phase 2 there is a debuff called acid rain. basically we take damage and its stacking. 11-13stacks of acid rain seems to be the goal before things get overwhelm and we die and fright gets piss and we got no loot. so at 25%, we welcome phase 3

Phase 3.
This is the easiest phase if people dont tunnel vision. Basically stack up and just pew pew. wait wut stack up? but there's chain lightning! well i read a comment on page 3 saying that chain lightning is not that hard to heal through. but we have to wait til we actually make it to phase 3 i guess. but its not all stack up and just pew pew from 25%-0%. a random member will be targetted by this lightning debuff that does painful aoe damage. so if you get it, gtfo from the raid. you dont, we die and fright be pissed at you. hence, dont tunnel vision.
There's also a rain cloud that the whole raid must avoid. you should know about this if you watch the video.

So yea the rain cloud. in the video she said to go to the lowest to the highest so that you have enough time to dps. apparently the rain cloud effect doesnt through out the first. the first rain cloud should disappear when the 4th rain cloud appear. 2nd disappear when 5th appear and so on. so a comment on tank sport recommended that we

phase 3
If you miss the debuff in phase 3 here is what you can do:

Start all the way in the bottom.
When cloud 1 and 2 comes, move a little up (as in the video)
On cloud 3, move all the way to the top.
Cloud 4 and 5, move a little down.
Cloud 6, move all the way down. The first three clouds have despawned by then.

Repeat this and the only enrage time to worry about is the ten-minute (?) one.

Tested to work on 10m.

so that about it. dont be bad, dont tunnel vision. hope you have a semi decent comp as there's a lot of effects that could/would be beneficial for you to see in this fight.

P.S. i think have a nature resist up at all time could help reduce some damage. a 2nd tank could be useful as a back tank/pick up adds on phase 2.

lazy to fix typo or weird sentence structure. l2learnasianenglish.

kthx.

Bananashroom wrote:
a random member will be targetted by this lightning debuff that does painful aoe damage. so if you get it, gtfo from the raid.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Quote:
apparently the rain cloud effect doesnt through out the first

Forum Image
Yeetawh

Ourstateobzen wrote:
Forum Image

I imagine this as how Obzen looks all the time.

As good as it gets:

omg why do i even bother to type. good video fright. lets kill this boss later so we can ride phoenix.

Yeah that video Fright posted basically took all of the tankspot comments and put them together. Looks like a pretty easy fight, and the fact that we're fighting council beforehand should keep people on their toes for lightning rods.
Bananashroom

its 'easy" in a way. but rng and not focusing gonna make this a wipefest. so every needs to understand. watch the video and win. we can do it.

Lightning rod is gonna make me cry.

bump. everyone please watch the vid

Masticrom

I swear to god....if i have to call Lightning rod out in vent, i will freak.
kaasi
Friend

interesting statistics i found on world of logs:
normal al akir 25
4515 kills, 72370 wipes, 5.9 % success

Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

here is a video I referenced trying to compare what other people are doing and what we are

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1fdCAWsKP0&feature=player_embedded#at=65

They are stacking on the center of the spades, we are stacking on the outside of the spades. If you force me I can make some nonsense diagrams to show how slightly different the arrangements will effect us and make some bullshit about how one is better than the other. At the moment just entertain the notion that this guild did it this way and the other layouts I googled are the same. I don't think our current method is so important or sacred that copying these guys will make a big deal.

The other big thing is that all the dps and main tank are stacked on phase 2. There they have two groups instead of 3 which will effect how tornado's spawn and cause the tornado sandwiches we get a lot of. Just an idea which I think is worth the melee dps loss.

I don't think these changes are big deal and both are worth attempting at least twice at the start tomorrow.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: