Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: BoT: Ascendant Council

Official strat TBA...
discuss

Last edited by GM Fright on 02/01/2011 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?72780-Twilight-Ascendant-Council

This fight looks like it'll be a fun one, looking forward to it.
Bananashroom

first and foremost, i cannot stress enought the importance of looking at videos or reading a few info for this fight. Mainly cause there is a lot of shit going on. if you wait for fright to give you a run down. you fail.

If you notice. this fight looks similar to a certain toc boss. yes the twins valkyrie. its similar in a sense that you need to avoid stuff. burn down shield+interrupt and you need to get the right debuff at the right time or you die. so lets begin...

3 Phase fight
5 bosses

The idea of phase 1 and 2 is to get both the bosses as close to 25% as possible. at 25% the fight will go to the next phase. reason for this is that at phase 3, all the 4 boss will combine so 25+25+25+25 = 100. phase 3 is a dps race with tons of crap going on. so lets start with phase 1.

Phase 1, 2 boss-Ignacious(fire) and Feludius(ice)

Ignacious
-(ultimate ability)Aegis of Flame, a shield that absorbs 1 million hp. this need to be brought down ASAP. cause you need to interrupt Rising Flames which deals a raid wide fire aoe. a couple of extra ticks of fire aoe might lead to a raid wipe.
-Burning Blood, this gives a buff to nearby member to do more damage on the opposing boss(Feludius) so basically a range got it. you should run to the melee to spread the buff just like in the hodir fight.
-random leap on a target which will knock back anyone that is near his landing spot. on his way back to the boss, there will be fire on the ground.
-Flame Torrent, aoe fire cone. dont stand infront of him unless you're a tank.

Feludius
-(ultimate ability)Glaciate, deals frost damage to the entire raid. closer you are to feludius, the more damage you take.
-Heart of Ice, this gives a buff to nearby members to do more damage on the opposing boss(ignacious) so basically if a melee got it. you should run to the range to spread the buff just like in the hodir fight.
-Waterbomb, cause a Water Logged debuff which reduce movement speed. can be remove from standing on fire. if you have the waterlogged debuff and Glaciate is cast. you will be ice tomb. it doesnt kill you but dont take unnecessary damage.
-Hydrolance, single target painful damage. can be interrupted.

To recap: In phase 1, interrupt Rising Flames by burning down the Aegis,power up your raid members appropriately by running near them when you have a debuff and clear Waterlogged debuff by running through the flame trail. Once you get one Lord to 25%, the next phase will trigger. It's vital that both Lords hit 25% at about the same time.

Phase 2

2 Bosses- Arion(Lightning) and Terrastra(Earth)

Arion
-Cyclone, will give a levitate debuff. can be remove by standing on a Gravity well which will then give you a grounded debuff
-Thundershock, deals about 100k damage. can be countered by getting the grounded debuff from Gravity well. this will alternate its cast with Quake once per minute
-Lightning Rod. targets 3 random raid members(indicator, yellow arrow on your head) and cast chain lightning after 15secs. advisable to gtfo from the raid and hug a wall. cause chain lightning the whole raid will cause some death.

Terrastra
-Gravity Well, will give a grounded debuff. can be remove by standing on a Cyclone which will then give you a levitate debuff
-Quake, deals about 100k damage. can be countered by getting the levitate debuff from Cyclone. This will alternate its cast with Thundershock once per minute.
-Harden Skin, Terrastra will deal double damage and takes lesser damage. CAN and MUST be interrupted at all times. if interrupting fails. his harden skin needs to be burn down as soon as possible.
-Eruption. random spikes on the ground. will impale and does about 50k damage.

Additional notes.
-If you get targetted by Lightning Rod, its better to get out of the raid instead of trying to get a levitate or grounded debuff for the bosses ultimate ability. obvious reasons is that better 1 person dies than a 4-5.
-Gravity Well and Cyclone might spawn close to one another. so please remember to check that you have the right debuff.
-Melee, get out of Eruption quick.

Phase 3,

1 Boss- Monstrosity.

so they 4 lords(bosses) will merge. assuming we got each to 25%, the monstrosity will have about 18mill hp. This is the Burn Phase. so save all your cd, bloodlust, potion or whatever it is for this phase.

Monstrosity
-Water Puddles, it will expand like defile on LK. but it ONLY expands when the Boss is on it. so tanks, gotta move him quick.
-Electric instability, chain lightning. increase damage as the fight goes on longer til the point the chain lightning will just kill you. hence, the burn phase.
-Lava seeds, flares on the ground that will explode after some time. so dont touch the pretty lights.
-Gravity Crush, grab 3 players and put them in the bubble. the people in the bubble cannot do anything and will take a lot of damage. after the bubble is gone, there will be falling damage.

Comments/info.
-On phase 3, try not to let anyone die quickly since there are quite a few comments saying that dps requirement is pretty strict. position of boss might help the dps from not moving too much and do more damage

-When Glaciate(phase1) is cast, tank might want to move away from it the boss to get lesser damage.
"Glaciate insta kills you when you're near the large glowing aoe within 8 yards of the boss. If you're 10 yards from the boss it does about 35k, ideally you'll only take 20k from distance + 187 resist. Heroic leap out and it does 10k."
^from tankspot comments.

-hi! our guild did a different approach for p2 and its much faster and easier.
1.) get tornado buff
2.) clump at mid
3.) zerg 2 adds lol
if earthquake is casted on the clump just side step. we just eat 2 storms which is tbh really easily healable.
try it you'll be amazed how the fight turns into a joke. GL!
^comments from tankspot

-tanks take note
The majority of the tankdeaths on Ignacious were after shieldphase and when he was buffed that his flametorrent actually did alot more damage, which i hope you are referring to since normal damage flametorrent shouldnt be a problem for your healers. We made our tank us his cooldowns after first shield phase(when he gets his +firedmgdone buff through the casting of his aoe), and priest cd' (guardians) for the next ones, usually got 2-3 with each p1 so it worked out fine with just few cooldowns. And it made them be up again for p3.

well sorry for the wall of text. but there is really a lot going on in the fight. it is also one of the fight that everything will be clear once you experience it yourself.

So, interrupting harden skin.

Not doable. Completely unreasonable to expect it to get done.

Trust me when I say that if we ever successfully interrupt this, it will be a complete miracle and cause for celebration. It is not cast on cooldown, so we have no idea when to expect it. Natural server latency can also EASILY screw you over.

I distinctly remember one time during the fight when I caught it right away, and hit pummel when the cast was at less than half way. No dice, still went off.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be trying to interrupt it. If miracles happen, miracles happen, but in my opinion we should plan on this not getting interrupted and have ranged dps switch to burn down the shield whenever Harden Skin is cast.
Amminidabtree

Obzen is smart, listen to him.

Although I don't know what happens with the melee bosses, hell I hardly know how to play my own character, having range switch to kill the shield doesn't seem that much of an issue. On most of our attempts, the range boss had much less health than the melee boss. Getting some range dps could even that out.

Well, the entire fight is pretty much "Hey, melee dps, FUCK YOU LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL."

Seriously, though, I swear to god everything that CAN go wrong for the melee group DOES go wrong. The needed debuffs always spawn as far away from the boss as possible, and the unneeded buff spawns right on our asses. I mean, I pretty much HAVE to use intercept/intervene/heroic leap on cooldown in order to have more than 20% uptime on the boss.

Then there's those goddamn spikes, which, well, in all honesty don't do much damage. I think I got hit for like 3k by them each time, and bloodthirst heals me for that in 3 seconds. I almost considered disregarding them at one point.
GM Fright
Officer

There's several things we're going to do differently in ph 2 on Monday that I think will ease a lot of pains.

Trust me, i really feel your pain on the spawning areas of the debuffs needed and not needed. Especially like that one where i finally got to the fucking corner to get the tornado, to only OH GUESS WHAT turn into a fucking gravity well <1 sec before Quake.....then got lightning rodded by someone. Anyways I dig the center thing, first attempt with that and we get to P3, it works for me.
Somosito
Raider

Masticrom wrote:
Trust me, i really feel your pain on the spawning areas of the debuffs needed and not needed. Especially like that one where i finally got to the fucking corner to get the tornado, to only OH GUESS WHAT turn into a fucking gravity well <1 sec before Quake.....then got lightning rodded by someone. Anyways I dig the center thing, first attempt with that and we get to P3, it works for me.

What got you chained was not the person with lightening rod. It was a person standing between the two of you. I saw it happen three times over the course of the night, and I'm sure I didn't see everything.

My two cents:

DEBUFFS IN PHASE ONE!

(Some) People need to pay more attention in phase 1 for the debuffs Burning Blood and Heart of Ice.

When run through other players they give a buff which increases dps.

Burning Blood needs to be run through the ranged to increase dps on Feludius.
Heart of Ice needs to be taken to the melee to increase dps on Ignacious.

Since it is my job to dispell this debuff once people run through the respective group of players I've been watching people. Some people don't move at all. Others think they have waterlogged and just run through the fire. DBM will tell you what you have, pay attention! Generally the Burning Blood will be put on a melee and Heart of Ice on a ranged. So basically if you're a ranged and get the buff just run to melee, and melee run to the ranged. But anomalies happen so still check your DBM and read what you have.

I tried calling out to some people, but I don't really want to be chattin' it up in vent when you have addons yelling at you anyway and you should already know what to do.

Sorry if I'm pissy about this but its a really simple thing to watch and do that can help out the entire raid.
Halp us.

Extra info, heart of ice and burning blood will cancel info. just something i read about. no really that important.

There is a lot of "OMG what is this shiney thing above my head?? omg get off get off get off" in this fight.

If you are having trouble knowing when to move, consider getting MSBT (Mik's Scrolling Battle Text). It lets you customize the placement/size/frequency of the status text flying up on your screen.

Personally, when AoE heals + HoTs + all my outgoing damage all get stacked up on my screen the default WoW text just flys up the center and gets in the way of everything.

In this fight in particular I moved my incoming/outgoing MSBT even farther out to the sides so that I have a clear view of my character. It really helps me see the big yellow arrow, or the red X telling me to go to ranged, or the blue box telling me to go to melee, or the skull telling me to GTFO!!
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: