Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Somosito
Raider

re: BoT: Cho'Gall

Yeah, I fear when we're not stacked. I dispel people I fear though, except for Junkr because I hate dragon's breath and I'm pretty sure he's been spiking his caekz.

how many dead big adds before melee have to help kill the slimes?

Im guessing 4-5? since that will be 20-25 slimes. just wondering cause sometimes im running back to the boss then fright would call out to stay for aoe slime. but if we're stacked together at the back, we could interrupt the worship easier? just a thought.

I'd say after the 3rd dead add melee should be trying to help kill the slimes.

Seems easy enough for dk's to just throw out their zone aoe every time though, should help immensely.

Hulkssmash

Yeah, there have been a nice long path of 3 DnDs leading back to the boss.

The greater issue is that tossing out a Outbreak (or if on CD, an IT) is cool, but doesnt really do much unless you hit it with a follow up PEST. The problem with that is it forces melee to get really close which will spike the Corruption (or w/e) Meter.

DnD is easy, it's really a pain in the ass to try to pick just the outside ooze, throw a outbreak, strafe around to the side, come at it from the back, make sure you're not getting hit my black shit or oozes, and THEN throw your pest.

At a certain point I'm just like, fuck this PEW PEW CHOGALL.
GM Fright
Officer

A good tip for melee in a situation like that is to go in after the ranged already have aggro. So wait 3 seconds, then go toss around your diseases. As long as you're not getting hit by the oozes, you won't get the corruption.

And that shouldn't be necessary until after the 3rd or even 4th add. Until then, a FoK's spread crippling poison and a few DnDs should be enough.

I read that in phase two, if you tank cho'gall on his starting platform (the skull) then the tentacles will spawn stacked up, and would be vulnerable to aoe silences and damage. Something we want to try?
Masticrom

IMO that would make p2 easy sauce.
GM Fright
Officer

Yeah we'll likely try it, but it will make things a little more difficult because we'll be stacked up as well, and we'll need to be very aware and not vomit all over each other.

additional strats/comments from tankspot

We had an "ah ha" moment last night doing this in 25 - we were just about 10 seconds off the timer for taking him to 25% before he casts his 5th Fester Blood. In order to reduce travel time for melee between Adherents and Cho'gall, and maximizing distance the Blood of the Old God have to travel, we started by tanking the boss in the center of the room. First adherent comes out, tank takes it to the stairs, kill it there, ranged take care of adds. Second adherent comes out, tank takes it so it's in a line between the first puddle and the boss, kill it there. As the third add comes out, the tanks move the boss towards his throne, and we continue to make a straight line of puddles - same with the 4th. This way when you're getting 15-20 slimes they're A. coming at you in a straight line and B. you neither have to run to Africa to get between the boss and the adds, nor are they spawning right in your grill.

i also see that most people successful kills have about 4 adherent spawn. i think its a gauge in a way so that we wont get butt rape in phase 2. might want to try aim for that. but most are refering to 10mans too =(.

Well that seems extremely efficient for many reasons.
1. Less movement from healers for add tank.
2. You can minimize tank and melees chances to add corruption due to accidentally standing in old god blood
3. Gives ranged and melee a pre-destined path to pew pew at.
4. Less movement = more mana=happy healers and less time P1 so that we have more success come P2
-Bellasaer-

Let's get this shit done tonight. I want to see an achievement flash on my screen so badly.

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: