Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Fright
Officer

re: Priest Patch Notes

Put them here because 95% of the changes are for disc/holy

buff: everyfuckingthing
nerf: none

Priests

The duration of Levitate has been increased to 10 minutes, up from 2.

The mana cost of Power Word: Fortitude has been reduced by approximately 68%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.

The mana cost of Power Word: Shield has been increased by approximately 31%, but its effect has been increased by 208%.

The mana cost of Renew has been reduced by 24%.

The mana cost of Shadow Protection has been reduced by approximately 65%, making it roughly equal to the cost of Mark of the Wild.

Mind Control now has a PvP duration of 8 seconds.

Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15%.

Prayer of Healing effectiveness has been reduced by 15%.

Talent Specializations

Discipline
Divine Aegis: Critical effects from Prayer of Healing now award a bonus amount in addition to the default, always-proc Divine Aegis effect.

Focused Will now procs when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.

Improved Power Word: Shield now also increases the amount absorbed by an additional 15/30% when cast on oneself.

Pain Suppression is no longer dispellable.

In addition to Strength of Soul's existing effects, when Power Word: Shield is placed on oneself, the priest becomes immune to silence, interrupt, and dispel effects for 2/4 seconds.

Holy
Blessed Resilience will now proc when the priest is critically hit, in addition to its current effect.

Chakra
-Chakra states now last 1 minute, up from 30 seconds.
-Binding Heal and Holy Word: Serenity now refresh the duration of Renew on the target, in addition to the other direct heals.
-Binding Heal, Flash Heal, Greater Heal can now trigger Chakra: Serenity.
-Mind Spike can now trigger Chakra: Chastise.

Circle of Healing effectiveness has been increased by 30%.

Desperate Prayer now heals the priest for 30% of their total health, up from a very subpar value.

Guardian Spirit: The absorb/heal from this ability can now never exceed 200% of the maximum health of the target.

Holy Concentration now increases the amount of mana regeneration from Spirit while in combat by an additional 15/30%, down from 20/40%.

Holy Word: Chastise now has a 30-second cooldown, up from 25. In addition, it properly breaks from damage.

Lightwell's health has been increased by 50% (for PvP purposes).

Serendipity now has Spell Alert and Floating Combat Text feedback support.

Surge of Light can now also proc from Flash Heal and Greater Heal, and can now also critically hit.

Shadow
Shadow Orbs benefit from mastery has been increased by approximately 16%.

Glyphs
Glyph of Mind Flay no longer requires Shadow Word: Pain to be on the target.

Glyph of Pain Suppression has been renamed Glyph of Desperation and now allows Guardian Spirit to be cast while stunned, in addition to Pain Suppression.

Glyph of Psychic Horror now reduces the cooldown of Psychic Horror by 30 seconds, down from 60.

Glyph of Spirit of Redemption has been converted into Glyph of Prayer of Mending, which increases the healing done by the first charge of Prayer of Mending by 60%.

yea thats what i got from it too :D but they did nerf Prayer of healing. which for some I'm sure is a QQ worth moment.

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
GM Fright
Officer

looks like they nerfed prayer of healing, but buffed circle of healing. maybe just trying to reaffirm the holy priest as the raid healer, and the disc priest as a single target healer.

No holy is still very much a tank healer thanks to chakra, in fact they maintain single target healing mana very very well. disc is still a more efficient tank healer tho thanks to shields.

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Savallia

So I guess it depends on your terms of what a "better" tank healer means.

GM Fright
Officer

Savallia wrote:
So I guess it depends on your terms of what a "better" tank healer means.

you say "better" like I said "better."

QUIT PUTTING WORDS INTO MY MOUTH, VEL! FUCK!!

* Mind Sear can now be channeled on friendly targets in addition to enemy targets. In addition, Mind Sear's damage has been increased by roughly 15%.

*Mind Blast damage has been significantly increased. It should be roughly 50% greater than Mind Spike.

For Disc

*Penance mana cost has been increased by 7%, but healing has been increased by 20%.

I'm really happy today. Mind Blast will be useful once again, granted you'll still want an orb to cast it, I think that overall dps will notice an increase.

Mind Sear will be better than Holy Nova. Yay. Yay. Yay. Yay. Yay. Yay times infinity.

Penance will finally feel like a bread and butter heal for disc again.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: