Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Bananashroom

re: Heroic Chimaeron

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?73654-Heroic-Chimaeron

http://www.stratfu.com/videos/out-line-vs-chimaeron-25-heroic

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.com/forum/index.php?f=43&t=31161&rb_v=viewtopic

More about 10 man, but still a lot of good information:
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/858065-Doing-heroic-Chimaeron-today....

Did even more looking into certain tips/tricks for this encounter...and can't really find much more that helps. Seems as though we're doing everything about right, apart from near-perfect execution of the strategy in place.

The one thing I did not understand until today, however, is that if you push Chimaeron into a feud phase at around 22-21%, you have roughly 14-15 seconds until the first caustic slime...which allows for the raid to stack, leading to a much easier time topping everyone off prior to phase 3. What I read indicates that once Chimaeron hits his 20% mark, he stops the feud phase if no caustic slimes have gone off, and goes right into the phase 3 fuckfest.

I think this was discussed a bit towards the end of the evening, but I couldn't remember for sure. So I guess in short...stop dps at 23-22%, wait for a feud phase, stack up, get everyone topped off and burn him to 20% in less than 14 seconds, get to phase 3 and hope that we can get him in time.

This is what I do at school instead of writing papers...

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

GM Fright
Officer

I intended to do that last night if possible, but being short on DPS, we were pushing ph2 with usually only about 30-45 seconds left on the enrage. Since it's about 30 seconds between massacre's, we really didn't have enough time to sit and wait, we just had to top everyone off as best we could and go for it.

A full raid will give us the kill. If the lock out doesn't fuck us over on Monday, then we'll kill him then. If it does, then we'll kill him Tuesday.

We're going to have to 7 heal it tonight I think. I don't think we can afford to cut it that close on DPS without more <5% wipes. Put your big boy pants on, healers.

I was thinking about this today with 7 healing it and my idea was to have a dps (like myself) just heal during the entirety of phase 1 to help out with keeping the raid up, and when Chimaeron hits 20% that dps-healer just goes full out and kills the boss. But I think it might be easier to just 7 heal it.

Healers:

Communicate. Share ideas. Post WoWLogs of other guilds' kills. Find videos of kills from every fucking type of healers' perspective. Figure it out and fix it here. You've got 4 days, I need to see all of you contributing in some way to the discussion here, because it needs to be fixed.

I have faith in you, but my faith alone won't kill this boss. It will kill most bosses, because my faith is straight up Killer, but it won't kill this one. FIX IT!

Where exactly are we going wrong? I mean I know there are missteps when a dps or tank dies... but when we've gotten to the final phase (and we've had a few occurrences where everyone is topped off at just the right time), we still seem to fall short of the kill. What is causing that? Lack of a full raid? Are we too slow getting to the end and the enrage is making it harder to survive that last part?

People were joking last night that we had an hour of raid time before we'd get to the last phase and fail at 5% before the raid ended. Saying that in jest is all fine and good but I wonder if that is really the mentality people have going into this fight? Ironically it seems to be a true statement, the last what? 3 times we've hit this boss it happens that way... and nothing really changes during those hours except how much time we have left for the night.

It seems we have several little issues that are causing us problems... a mis-click lets a tank die one pull, then the next one a dps dies. Tanks miss a taunt or taunt at the wrong time, someone is standing too close to someone. It seems the only constant is that something is going wrong but it seems like it's a variety of people throughout the night.

As far as the healers go? Are we focusing on our assigned roles only, or trying to heal our assignment and help out others and stretching ourselves too thin? I know the last two nights when I've tried to push it and pick up another group is when one of my group has died. What are your thoughts and what are each of you seeing/experiencing? Maybe the fix is something really simple that we're just overlooking.

Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

I can say I over extended myself a few times with my group trying to help others. From what I read the guides say for the tank to not stand with us for few because the caustic slime will damage him more than the aoe healing is worth.

The other thing that we can't do much about is that we have 3-4 resto shaman who don't provide defensive cooldowns for tanks. This will change in 4.1 with shaman getting Spirit Link Totem. This could be one of the situations where paragon felt justified in saying resto shaman were useless.
Sterne1140
Raider

1. We need 25 geared players with consistent internet connections. Without this we fail.

2. Tanks, other than the occaisional lapse in attention, we are pretty solid on rotations and stuff. I am always open to suggestions though if someone notices something we should be doing better.

3. Healers. Priority has to be keeping yourselves alive.

4. Dps. Watch your range meters. Killing yourself and someone else because you were to close is bad. Those that can self heal need to do be doing so after a massacre. We should never see someone that has self healing die, ever. This is Not a dps race. For those that cannot heal themselves, lightwells/ healthstones/bandages etc.. MUST be used to help your healer out.

We must trust that the guy next to us is doing his/her job. Overextending to make up for someone else is a wipe. If soemone is over their head then Fright needs to fix that.

Griiiiiiimmer wrote:
The other thing that we can't do much about is that we have 3-4 resto shaman who don't provide defensive cooldowns for tanks. This will change in 4.1 with shaman getting Spirit Link Totem. This could be one of the situations where paragon felt justified in saying resto shaman were useless.

External cool-downs really isn't a problem on this fight. I have a cooldown ALWAYS for every feud (shield block is enough to get through feud, AND I have SW every time as well). At most we should "need" 1 healer cool-down.

One thing I noticed that could probably help put heals on other people... masticus (the break tank) doesn't need more than 10k health! Anything more than that is COMPLETELY wasted healing...

We're not making it to the last phase often, but when we do, I see people dropping so fast... make sure you're all popping your defensive cool-downs, when you're being targeted, staying alive > your extra bit of DPS. Use EVERYTHING, warriors make a macro for SnB+SW, hunters can deterrence -> FD (wait) -> leapbackshit. Evasion, mirror image, PS, GS, shadow form, whatever you got, USE IT! If you're name is called out, you should instantly run to the opposite side of the room, and get ready to pop your CDs.

Asides from popping defensive CDs and such, if there's no slimes during this phase, people should be a little more stacked, only leaving the stack to get in position to kite. This would allow for things like divine aegis, which helps negate a lot of the AoE damage. (Which really SHOULDN'T be a problem, but every little bit helps).
Griiiiiiimmer
Friend

I am sure the tank healers are aware of this, unfortunately due to the pace of the encounter I don't see it reasonable for the healers to heal 10k or less for each weapon swing. They probably have an idea of how spammy they need to be to keep mast up.
Zen_-

If Mast is being healed to full between every swing, than there's no way that they know how "how spammy" they need to be to keep him up. That's several heals that could have been used to keep one of those DPS who keep dying, alive.

E: Tank healers actually have it quite easy. Which tank is taking doubles and such is being called out. The only person who needs to be above 10k is this one tank, not all 3. If every tank healer pulled some casts on the other 2 tanks, and threw them out on other people, that would save a lot of people from dying...
Klik
The Klik
Friend

Speaking from my experiences tank healing this fight, the only thing they should be doing is watching the tanks/themselves. Each group has a healer assigned so those should be taken care of. Sterne said it best "trust that everyone is doing their job". The tank healers are covering all three of you and bouncing between you all, they don't have time to worry about anyone in group X, if they do that's when a tank dies.

Healers (myself included) tend to try and be heroes and heal more than what we are assigned... in fights like this one it can be a bad, bad thing. That is why I asked for their input/view/experiences. Our continuous little mistakes could be caused by something as simple as that.

People will probably want to argue this but if the healer isn't running out of mana and their assignment(s) do not die then they are not wasting heals. Our healers are strong enough that we shouldn't have to cover for each other to get the job done. (unless one dies) If Mast is getting healed to full (which I don't see happen often except maybe during fued) I guarantee you it's unintentional and he got hit with a few crit heals.

As far as the final phase, that beast can hit you from halfway across the room, getting away is split second timing if you're not too close when he targets you. I still have to wonder if we were to get to that point before enrage if we'd survive it better, at least long enough to get that extra 3mil damage.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: