Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Tanking and Healing Forums
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2
Klik
The Klik
Friend

re: Random healer info

I've played a priest since vanilla, it was just never my raiding main so I'm not totally new to the class by any means. I've raided every instance except Ulduar on my priest, and I've done plenty of reading on cata-era holy priests.

I'm not dissing anyone's experience, or trying to offend anyone, all I'm saying is what Yeetawh is stating is what is written just about everywhere I found discussions on holy priests. And really, if you think about it, reforging crit into one of the others doesn't totally negate the crit, it just changes a small portion of it, and you're only going haste to reach 12.5%, if I remember correctly it's benefits kinda peter out above that.

The one thing most of them also say is that where spirit/haste/mastery/crit is concerned it's truly up to what the player is comfortable with when factoring in regen, playstyle and healing role. That's the one thing I like about the cataclysm changes, there doesn't have to be cookie-cutter builds to be successful, just a baseline and everything else is up to the individual.
Somosito
Raider

Last time I'm saying it.

If you have crit and you reforge out of it for mastery, you need to hit a full point value. For example we'll use 13.00 mastery.

Otherwise you end up with let's say 12.70 mastery.

This means you're only getting 12.00 mastery because it doesn't round at all.

You have .70 wasted itemization. It's the same thing as a caster dps running around with 18% hit. 12.50% haste raid buffed is super easy, you'll hit plenty of that. At some point you're going to have enough regen and not every piece you're reforging out of crit on won't have spirit so it won't always be an option.

The point is, crit is the one stat you're not going to hit some kind of soft cap/dr on. Don't automatically reforge out of it.

I know what most people are saying about priests, and that's fine. In the end it will depend on your healing core, and what you yourself are comfortable/effective with.

I just tend to disagree with a lot of the priests that write guides out there. Constantius wrote one of the best guides I've ever seen, sadly she has been under the radar and for all I know has stopped playing.

Also, Disc is way better than Holy (in terms of what I like to play) so this argument is invalid!

I am for reforging into KEEP THE TANKS ALIVE DURING BOT TRASH. Now that is a leet stat.

Dude... where the fuck is the fun in that?! I mean, with armor durability and repair costs being normalized, raiding just wouldn't be the same unless tanks had higher repair costs.

So in reality, BOT trash is what keeps raiding fun. For everyone.

Somosito wrote:
Dude... where the fuck is the fun in that?! I mean, with armor durability and repair costs being normalized, raiding just wouldn't be the same unless tanks had higher repair costs.

So in reality, BOT trash is what keeps raiding fun. For everyone.

When I get back if there is a hunter, I will make damn sure they MD to you somo!
Somosito
Raider

Mast, I miss you too! <3 Hurry back d00dz.

So I feel like a jackass. Haven't checked mastery since shortly after being 85 when it would not round up on my character sheet tooltip. Now it does. Cool.

I consider my argument a win because it's logical to me in the realm of cataclysm raid healing which I do have experience with and I get it from well known and respected forum posters who support their theorycrafting with spreadsheets, numbers and solid logic. So I did leave the priesting to the priests.

And to reiterate: I am NOT saying crit is BAD. I am just saying that you get it naturally from intellect and chakra and since cataclysm healing is more about survivability and not power you have to choose the best stats and for a holy priest crit has the worst conversion factors.

And here are some theorycrafting numbers on how different stats effect a healing priest's spells:
Forum Image

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: