Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
Masticrom

re: Heroic Maloriak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nW_pd42lR8&NR=1

Its about by far the best video ive seen so far for killing him, keeps it clear, you see more timers and raid warnings occur, and can see the entire room clearly to notice whats going on.

Okay things that change between normal and heroic 25 man Maloriek

His health is not 121M, his berserk timer is now 12 minutes vice 7 minutes.

Phase 1
New color phase for this one, called Dark Phase. Nefarion will put Dark vial into the cauldron. This will give Maloriek the Dark properties.

During this color lots of things happen;
1. Being Maloriek will do a conal shadow breath atttack at his tank, this will do massive dmg, and will either decrease the healing received by 50-100% received, or increase his shadow dmg taken, havent gotten the exact details yet. The tank tanking him will have to face him away from the raid while this shadow breath is occuring.
2. Adds will spawn during this phase as well called Dark Ooze i believe. They will need to be tanked and AoE'd down.
3. Also during this part, Maloriek will throw Sludge at random raid members, you should see a DBM warnign saying "Sludge on you!" appear. You will need to move out of the sludge cloud that appears once it has hit you. So the entire raid will be moving, and the sludge can hit anyone, including the Maloriek tank.

The oozes NEED to be dead before the next color phase. Everyone other color phase is the same as normal, except everything does more dmg. We need to let kill a total of 9 Abberations each color rotation, 2 tanks for the adds.

Not 100% sure if he casts Summon Abberations during Dark color phase. He will go into Dark color phase at the start of the fight, and after every Green color phase.

Transistion still happens at 25% into Phase 2. During phase 2, i can't remember if these abilities happen, cause I'm always tanking big guys. But you need to watch out for 2 abilities
1. Absolute Zero- Summons a frozen orb that will freeze a target if hit by the orb, and do massive dmg. It will be a little blue effect and guyser on the floor as its starting to spawn the orb. Once spawned it will move around that spawning area randomly, and explode after a brief time.
2. Acid Nova- Will do a 15k per sec Nature DoT over 10 sec. This is raid wide, and is healable.

Same phase 2 as well with kiting the boss around the room dodging his flame shit, and hoping melee stay out of it as well.
GM Fright
Officer

Familiarize yourselves with this fight.

Only real difference is the Void-type-thing phase. The video above uses 2 tanks, we usually (and can on Heroic also) use three tanks, we'll see what works best for us, unless someone can convince me of one way for certain.

Post some genius ideas, I want to know all of you still have brains.

I'm not seeing very many genius ideas here, yet, you scumbags.

my reliable tankspot dont have a heroic maloriak video. i feel so crippled.

My ideas.

1. Form a full 25man raid with sufficiently geared players that have a stable internet connection.

2. Stay out of the black/blue/red shit.

3. DPS and heal your ass off.

4. Kill boss and get a bonus 8x10 framed victory picture to hang up on the fucking wall!

5. Above steps can only be completed after the current scum bag, piece of shit dragon is dead first though. Skipping this step will void all warranties.

I believe that we should go ahead and focus on this boss tonight and take a breather away from Chimaeron. I think we're all frustrated, if not pissed off that we haven't killed a heroic mode boss in a few weeks. Definitely seems like it would be easier on the healers since raid is avoiding damage instead of taking large amounts of damage and have to be healed over 10k. A few concerns I have on this fight though is the shadow flame breath or whatever it is. Not exactly sure who we'd have heal up the tank eating those but looks like it would be Sav or Klik in disc spec tossing up a bubble. Also, people will have to avoid fucking slime pools, which, in fact, is not difficult at all. Burning down the sludges should be easy enough. We already know normal mode Maloriak, we just need to not fail at interrupts, kill deep freezes quickly, and kill the aberrations during green. Oh, also there's phase 2, but that should be easy as well.

soooo... yeah

If we don't attempt Maloriak tonight, what else would we be doing?
Heroic Halfus and then clear BoT?
Try Heroic Magmaw?
More Chimaeron attempts?
Heroic Baradin Hold?!?

Although BH sounds like it'd be the most awesomenessorz one, I think we will be able to execute Heroic Maloriak with ease in a few raid nights, although we also said this about Chimaeron, so I could be wrong.

CLEARLY

I'm excited to try this fight, it looks like fun. Perhaps just because its not H Chim... but whatever.

From a healer's standpoint it looks good. Two healers to the maloriak tank, then one healer per add tank, probably with someone assigned to assist as well. I know generally we've had 2 assigned to each add tank, but as raid damage will be higher this fight I'm not sure if we can get away with only one person assigned as raid healer. Obviously from the video we'd want klik or sav as disc on the MT.

my other thought: I know some attempts we've had problems with interrupts on adds and whatever. Perhaps it would be best to assign one person to add interrupts, then one or two to interrupt whatever other abilities need to be interrupted. I'm not really involved in interrupts so I don't know if it's a feasible plan, but if it's possible I think making it into assignments could help reduce errors.

I'd like to try this tonight or tomorrow for sure. Perhaps tomorrow so we can do some killing in BoT and boost our self-confidence by dancing around a few dead bodies.

Officer

Some coordination points for this fight:

Tank/Healer cooldown rotation for the Engulfing Darkness. We may need to see if only 1 cooldown is necessary or if it will tank both a tank/healer cooldown to work. Probably just one, but the question is out there. Disc mitigation seems especially useful here.

Will we need to rotate tanks after green phase? (no idea just tossing the question out there for you meatshields to consider)

Seems to be some tanking coordination necessary for the slime kiting and the regular add tanking as well. Again we may have to see this fight to fully understand the details, but I would think we want to avoid having lots of his summoned adds and the slimes up at the same time.

Interrupts will need to be spot on, I think even to the point of having assigned duties. Add release needs to be perfect, and as the vids point out, missing Arcane storm can cause a wipe. We were a little sloppy on this last night on regular.

Tanks need an area to be kept clear for kiting, something we don't usually do. The reason for the clear path is to keep the void zone crap from being on the ground.

Healing Setup I suggest:

Disc Priest, Pally on Boss Tank
Shaman + 1 raid heals on Add 1 Tank
Shaman + 1 raid heals on Add 2 tank
Druid rolls Hots on all 3 tanks and raid heals.. LB on add tank who is taking the most dmg. Lifeblooms on main tank seems useless since often in the fight the main tank won't be able to take any heals.

With tight control of adds and interrupts the raid damage should be kept to a minimum when tanks needs the most healing. All but the main tank healers, should be focusing on healing up the raid when raid wide dmg is occuring.

As was stated in most of the videos, the challenge to this fight is on tanking and interrupts. If everyone avoids, avoidable dmg then shouldn't be that difficult.

Forum Image

Ive been meaning to post this up for awhile...an obzen thought he had MS paint skillz

Anyways, the proposed idea is to give the Maloriak tank, very likely Sterne the chance to slightly turn the boss as he gets breathed on.

The adds tanks will starting on the left side of the room picking up the slimes that spawn around Maloriak I believe, and the moving through their kiting path.

The kiting path is the CLEARLY the blue arrowed path I have shown, and will hopefully end at the right side with the adds dead, thus moving into the rest of the normal phases.

The healers will be spread inside the grating to be able to heal the ranged/melee dps and also the tanks.

The ranged need to keep slime puddles out of the kiting path of the tanks, this will just make it hard to keep the damage to the adds tanks down. Now as far as killing the adds, my thoughts to only have the ranged on them, but Fright could decide later that he wants melee on them as well. If that were the case, the melee dps would just follow the adds tanks paths.
Yeetawh

I see you are a fan of pastel colors.

Yes, they are soothing.
Masticrom

Okay so first kiting path for slimes did not work and only having Ranged on slimes did not work as well. So I modified and made a new pretty picture of the kiting path that we were using last night that seemed pretty effective.

Forum Image

There are 5 Slimes that spawn around Maloriak at the start of the dark phase. 2 tanks will be picking them up, as we are picking them up since they will be spawning on top of melee as well, they need to make sure they watch their spash dmg to not gain threat before tanks do.

We started kiting them around in a circle last night, and it worked pretty well. I would like to do that as well, and this is the proposed kiting patch.

I guess it would be a good idea to have a shaman healer or holy priest in the center so they can put down healing rain as the tanks kite the slimes and melee dps follows.

Now with the kiting patch being shown, I would really really really like the ranged and healer to please be at the sides of the room at the start of dark phase so that a path is available to kite and free of black shit. It got hard to move the adds due to this.

I read as a strat that it might be good to have ranged stack up so that when a slime puddle is chosen on some, or multiple ppl, it stacks on that one spot and everyone moves, reducing slime clouds and giving more room to move in the end.
Sterne1140
Raider

The two healers that you have set on the left and the righ of the boss need to move. I was having to swing the boss around quite a bit to avoid black puddles. Either back towards the door or even all the way to the wall may work. Either way I need 180 degrees of room to swing the boss around.

Melee DPS, at the start of the black phase all melee needs to either be in the back of the boss or out killing slimes. Stacking on the tank is not gonna work. As far as I can tell the boss is either in a fixed spot for black phase, or he is casting so much of the time that he is almost impossible to move. Keeping the area around him as clean as possible is important. For me to help the healers with my blood shield I must be in melee range of the boss.

Mast's fancy paint picture is null and void. Everyone just get the hell away from the front of the boss, and stay the hell out of the black puddles.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: