This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next

What would you have me do with Heroic Chimaeron this week?
Be a bitch and move on, like a little bitch, because you failed and will continue to fail.
26%
 26%  [ 4 ]
If we have the proper group for it, try some radical new strats to finally kill the fucker, despite how much he makes our eyes bleed.
73%
 73%  [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 15

GM Fright
Officer

re: Help me work through my personal fears and insecurities.

I hate him so much. I hate him so, so much.

"IF" we have a full 25 man grp of people that are geared sufficiently, and their internet connection is capable of lasting longer than the first pull. I vote yes, get up from the squatting position you are in, dig the sand out of your vagina and lets kill this prick! I joined a progression guild, not a oh this boss is to hard lets skip him guild.

I have to agree with Sterne. If you don't want to fuck with him this week, no problem, but please, please, please don't skip him. Sterne and I have seen where that road leads.

"IF" we have a full, stable raid... let's kill him, we've gotten close a handful of times. We've had him there... with 23, 24 and 25(with a few rusty players) in the raid. Each night we've failed we rethink things... Maybe we're over-thinking ourselves into a corner. Tanks have fine-tuned their jobs, I think we healers have figured out what we were doing wrong, now we just need some more exposure to the last phase to figure out what we need to tweak there, and for internet connections to stop dropping people each pull.

Ourstateobzen

I am pretty done with him for a while.

We've been wiping on him for three. fucking. weeks. Know what we haven't been doing in those three weeks? Killing heroic bosses. I will bet you $20 if we move on to maloriak we'll have him down in two raid nights or less.

Maybe if the fight was fun at all, my mind would change. Maybe if my performance had any effect on the outcome of that fight at all. Maybe if I was doing anything more than being along for the ride. Alas, none of those things are true.

Something is happening. Something is keeping us from killing this boss. It's a very, very strong something, too. I know people may think that internet connections and being a few short, etc, are the primary cause, but I'm not convinced. Everything inside me is leaning towards something...else.

Normally I'm not a big fan of quitting. This, however, I feel is necessary. I haven't really had any fun raiding for the last three weeks. It's been painful to show up for raid times. I'm not saying we never kill the fucker, but please. If not for my sake, for the sake of other raiders who maybe feel the same way, let's move on for now.

Unless, of course, I'm alone in feeling this way. If that's the case, by all means. I'll just come along quietly and smash my keyboard with my face for a while longer.

Edit: I read your ideas in the chim strat thread. If you think these ideas would strongly affect the outcome of the fight, then let's go for it. But I really don't know how much longer I can tolerate this fight.
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

I agree with Sterne and Klik, I think if we have 25 people with stable connections, properly geared then we should get the bitch down. Like most of you guys I am frustrated with this fight, but we have to overcome that frustration and not let it kick us in the arse.

However, I have to think there is some gearing out there that would help us as well. When it comes to tier set bonuses, for me atleast, the helm and shoulders are the best options for 4 set. I already have the hands and legs. I am not sure how the tier benefits other classes, but we have only downed nef twice, and cho'gall 5 times I think. Usually the tokens are going for 200 pts or more, so clearly people still need/want them.

The reason this boss isn't dying is because we are attempting him short handed. However, that isn't the reason we are wiping so much in phase 1. If us healers were getting the job done, we would be wiping in P2 consistently. The healing team needs to work this through, we need to communicate and find a way to fix this. A topic for another thread, but imo, if we can't fix this with the team we have, then how are other progression fights going to be any better.

If tonight, we have 25 ready to go with solid connections, lets go back and kill Chim. If not, then Heroic Halfus is out anyway, especially if heals are weak as they have been, so we could just clear BoT and first 2 like we did this past week. I am not sure how much gear people need from the first few bosses in BoT, but Cho'gall still has loot people need judging from the bidding last week.

My 2cp...

Something that Obzen said caught my attention; "I really don't know how much longer I can tolerate this fight."

I suppose a lot of us feel this way right now. Morale is more important than it is usually given credit. It's been a long while since we progressed, and although it's part of being in a progression guild, people get frustrated. And they start lashing out on each other, like we saw last night, or just give up trying.

My opinion is that, if we manage to down Maloriak and maybe farm him for two or three weeks, we gear up whoever needs gearing up, wait for 4.1 to hit and try Chimaeron again.

Please comment on my comma usage.

To burn a thousand trees
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

I would like to see others comment on how important tier tokens are to them, if we are working on other pure progression fights, we are not killing Nefarian or Cho'gall. I was suggesting we need to find a balance between progression and killing those 2 guys regularly.

It was awesome to clear BoT on Tuesday, because 3 more people got tokens and other drops.

I think the challenge is measuring how important they are to the guild as a whole. For resto druids, the tier chest piece is bad and not really an option, so i need both tokens to complete my 4 piece. However, the only real benefit to me is more longevity in fights with the perma spirit buff provided by the bonus. A benefit to me for sure, and important as a character goal, but from the raids perspective not importnat enought to derail progression. However, 10 or so more raiders need this, the collectively the dps/hps gains will be worth the investment if only for an investment of a week or two farming.

Not to mention, I think the added bonus of killing shit is and getting loot, is a great morale booster!

Of course the best morale booster will be seeing this fucker dead on the ground. Imagine that moment in your head, and let that motivate you all !

I really want my shoulder token. The shaman 4 piece bonus makes the mana cost of riptide basically trivial. I really want that. If I can be casting riptide every CD and not be worried about it's effect on mana that would be great. I like being able to cast it as extra hot on tanks, or to help top a raid member off. Being able to have that ability all the time in heroic attempts will be fabulous.

not like it matters, but i vote a week of full clear.

Although my contribution as of late has been shakey due to RL(better than nothing at all I think) I want to first point out one thing I found today. Less than 500 US guilds have killed 25 man CHIM. That is an obvious SIGN in my mind that he is a Prof Putr fight. It was designed to prevent the pugs, the super casuals, the non organised groups from progressing for at least a little time and provide that top echelon a chance to create seperation. The fact we are here on our laid back schedule suggests we ARE part of that upper tier and we do it with less effort, period.

my other feelings are this

A game designed to be hard, for the more hard core, will eventually be softened to assist and aid the majority, who are not as patient or enduring. When the avg age of the player declines so do the qualities that most adults pull upon to help them deal with a tough situation and THIS causes more guild collapses than anything else I personally have seen. (not suggesting we are collapsing just stating my opin.)

I did a 5 mile march last night before "attempting" to get on and raid. I had about 50 pounds worth of metal strapped to my chest and back, another 45lbs of crap in a sack on my back, my rifle, and my sidearm. This sounds easy at a mere 5 mph walk. I had to pull everything from within not to stop. I always do. My next march is scheduled to be 8 miles. We are working up to 15 and we have to maintain a minimum of 5 mph.

We dont have 15 year olds in our guild. We have a lot of intelligent young and old(HAHA TAVIE) adults. I was in a top 100 guild and the guild collapsed over a 2 week lull that we couldn't kill LK (we got to him the night he was an available boss) and in that 2 weeks we were raiding 4 nights a week 4-5 hours a night with a 30 minute break halfway through each night. THAT guild had about half of the guild ages 15-18. Everyone blamed everyone else and the leadership bailed.

Nothing worth doing is ever easy and I have always felt the hardest things are also the most rewarding. As much as I hate failing personally, and seeing us fall inches short as a group, in the end the only bad that will come is those who are weak will fall out of our little march to the end and those who strive to finish will be capable of marching a little further next time.

I won't fight the majority OR Fright if he choses to override and choose a different path for us. I like everyone here, all I strive to see is people to discover their shortcomings and make strides to correct them. Sometimes they stare us right in the face and we don't initially notice them. That's ok, as long as you never stop looking you will eventually see it. Perhaps all you need to increase your performance is to clean up your UI but you need someone to tell you how, or the rotation you use is outdated and you just haven't realised it, or the guy who is an off healer, off dps, off tank does somethign diff but he/she has that ONE thing they do better. We are adults, in other threads I have seen comments about not wanting to lower our age requirement sooo be an adult, ask your fellow class/role members how they do this or what they do to make their ui efficient. Keep an open mind and you may find a diamond in the rough, it may put you on top of your repsective meter(if you care about thoser things) and no one will look down on you for asking for help. We do look down on you for NOT asking and causing 3 week wipes.(not aimed at anyone, generalised statement)

Ok novel done /fin
Yeetawh

We're just talking about trying a different heroic boss....No one said anything about giving up on Heroic Chim. I personally think it will be very healthy for the guild to try something different. We're all grumpy and in a rut over chim and I think some new scenery will help us. We will come back to Chim because let's face it, we all want nothing more than to see the fucker dead, but obviously we haven't been able to figure someone out. Maybe after a few other fights, or just some time off, something will click and we'll be ready. In the mean time we can research new strats, get better gear, whatever, lots of helpful stuff.

And ugh....thanks for the random story about your 5 mile march in there...

HEHE, it felt approriate, perhaps not.
So I am not missunderstood, I was not suggesting giving up or not. I am more indiferent. I know we will kill him. I just took the opertunity(and a small amount of downtime over here makes for a bored guy) to blurb about the matter as a general thing. Sorry for the long post. Happy
Kiirin*

I'm all down for trying heroic chim when we have a full and properly balanced raid group, also good internet connections. Personally, I don't see the point in banging our heads against a wall when we only have 22 or 23 people, especially when some of those people are constantly disconnecting. Also, I vote for a normal clear this week while trying to recruit some new peoples. I could really use my shoulders. I still even have a few blues ><
Siletense
Raider

I don't have a doubt in my mind that we can kill the fuck but I definitely feel the lack of moral. A change of venue might be nice for awhile.
Klik
The Klik
Friend

My 2cp,

After reading through these forums I see both sides of the issue a bit better and valid points have been made for killing/putting him off for a week or two. My only concern in making changes is how long it may take to adjust and that will most likely equal wipes. Are the people that are becoming disheartened with the fight going to become even moreso if that adjustment takes a little while to iron out?

Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: