Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page 1, 2  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: Firelands: Alysrazor

10 man:

Last edited by GM Fright on 07/25/2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Detailed strat:

http://www.icy-veins.com/alysrazor-detailed-strategy

There is A LOT going on in this fight. If you have not read the strategy above yet, then you need to go read it.

Forum Image

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

cnospam

Trash pull in front of aly, 2 drakes 2 guys and 2 eggs piles . We wipe fested on this for a couple attempt and then I nicely took charge and explained what i saw and what should change. The drakes are mountable. start the pull with the tanks and your 2 riders right behind them running in, rest of the raid stays back and be ready to move. the tanks SHOULD get blasted big time in the face with lava balls as the riders run to their respective drakes and quickly mount. Riders should quickly start turning drakes outward toward the egg piles and raid move in and dog pile on tanks. eggs are gonna hatch lots of adds. Raid kill these while riders kill the egg piles. We had ranged assisting with pile dps in between keeping the adds to a controllable number. once eggs are dead raid just needs to move out of path of drake fire while riders turn drakes inward and start killing each other. Raid should assist with this but watch their line of fire. it's very slow to control. I drove one of the drakes and it can only move 1 click at a time with like a 2 sec cd after each movement and it fights u the whole way to try and turn back to the raid. Forum Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited by cnospam on 07/12/2011 3:01 am; edited 1 time in total

re: phase 1

Forum Image

we started the pulll on the south wall to avoid knockback and quickly aoe heal

I had us split into two teams (west and east) for outter adds 2 dps per team with interupts to interupt their fireballs. this was 10 man mind you

the red ring represents the reach of the magma turrets. If add dps stay on the far side of the adds from center they can continue dps while avoiding flames. The second spell the adds do is not interuptable its a moving ground fire and you just have to watch what direction they are facing and not be in front of them

second mechanic is the spawned center adds. Had all the rest of oour dps on these and they are tanked. Had my two tanks take them towards the outside when they were not having to eat the lava worm things to make it easier for outter add dps to assist with killing them.

Lava worms, the tanked adds will periodically enrage or w/e and the tank needs to drag them to a lava worm to break the enrage. Have cd's at the ready to last thourgh this while u find a worm.

The center zone is where razor flys through and claws whoever is in the way in the face and it hurts. He is however super slow and as he passes he drops feathers. At the start we had our outter add dps and our flyers(dps going into air) get the feathers first. Outter add dps will need the speed to help them move from add to add to ensure raid is not getting nuked. Tanks and center dps not soo much till later for p2. The feathers WILL depsawn if not picked up soo if you see one not being used and its been there for more than 5-8 seconds, i'd grab it and get your buff going

This phase as a whole is fairly straight forward. run from add to add and dodge razor in middle when he flys through.

Whomever flys(shold be high dps who benifit from haste preferably) should look at the -p2 image. I'm pretty sure while I was in the air he puts rings from his butt in the same basic place as the ground placement in p2. the rings are crucial to doing good dps and not ooming, raging, energying, etc ypou only fly for like 20 seconds soo u gotta make each flight up count and then find another feather to boost u back up

Last edited by cnospam on 07/12/2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total

re: P2

Forum Image

Eventually we hit P2 and hopefully all the big adds are dead

It's going to9 be overwhelming at first site. There are a TON of tornados swirling around and in ten man with only totem resist each tornado hit was 32k after mitigation.

The tornados DO however have a small hitbox and they seemed to be on tracks. There is just a lot of them soo figuriing out their tracks can seem daunting. The best place(and I am sure there are others like it in the room) that we identified to stack the raid(yes I opted to have us stack VS running aorund all crazy) was at the entrance. the two(or it may have been one) tornados there made a nice oval racetrack pattern that was EASY to dodge. Wre all just moved counter clockwise. as the inner tornado passed us one direction we jumped into its track and ran the other direction and waited for the outter tornado to pass

In the mean while we had dps running out past that point a little to pick up the rings that spawn near there in preperation for p3

this phase is pretty easy EVERONE in raid should have gotten at least 1 if not 2 feathers. I believe in the ten man the entire raid or at least 7-8 p[reople always had 3 feather stacks going into this phase and not an attempt went by that I didn't watch at least 2 or 3 feathers despawn from not being picked up

For once u kinda wanna actually tunnel vision a TINY bit and look where the tornados near u are and dont be distracted by the BIG picture. DODGE tornados and TRY to have dps get the haste buff for p3

P3
DOG PILE IN MIDDLE AND NUKE AND BIG HEALS the end until he flys up, knocks us all back, and we start it all over in P1

Here's a 25 man video, with commentary.

Iateyourpie

Wish i could throw a tantrum to do more damage
GM Fright
Officer

That's a good video that vyvii posted. Watch it.

There was a quick point that the commentator said that I want to reiterate to the tanks.

You may want some sort of hit/expertise rating for this fight, you will be doing the most damage to the hatchlings.

Also, this guy is absolutely pro.

Ourstateobzen

Can I please

PLEASE

tank this fight?
kaasi
Friend

fuck us all. so i just found out what is killing most of us on tornado phase and no it is not tornado contact.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=100640

Harsh Winds
Unlimited range
Alysrazor's powerful wingstrokes cause harsh fiery winds to scald the landscape around her nest.

applies

Harsh Winds
You are too far from Alysrazor!
5 seconds remaining

50k damage every second
don't stand near the walls on tornado phase

Vyvii
Friend

Kaasi is right on with this. Ranged cannot be too close to the wall, in and around tornado time. Geez Fright!

Harsh Wind Damage

I definately won't let this happen again.

Somosito
Raider

I was near the wall every time but the last attempt tonight, and lived everytime, but the last one. As I moved more towards the middle I died to Harsh Winds.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: