Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Fright
Officer

re: Firelands: Baleroc

Detailed strat:

http://www.icy-veins.com/baleroc-detailed-strategy

Last edited by GM Fright on 07/25/2011 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.php?76470-Baleroc

This fight looks pretty straight forward, but will require strong screen awareness on everyones part to avoid messing up the buff/debuff management.

Healing will work differently than we are used to, cause we will need to have 2 groups of 3 or 3 groups of 2, and the groups will rotate assignments throughout the fight. It is important that all healers stay on assignment or shit will get messed up. Group 1 will heal tanks, while Group 2 focuses on dps with Torment, then after the DPS switch off the crystals, the groups rotate, rinse and repeat. Fright may think differently, but I think using 2 groups of 3 would be more straight forward and allow for more HPS for dmg spikes. Since there should only be 3 damage taking raiders at any one time (Active Tank plus 2 DPS), we should have no problems switching and keeping up with heals.

It is worth noting that only direct heals spells will generate the sparks from the tormented target. AoE heals will not. Also, Healers SHOULD NEVER get torment as it cuts healing by 50%.

The other thing we will need to coordinate is the dps rotation of the crystals, this is something we are probably not used to doing so it may feel strange at first. I like this video for demonstrating how the raid handled the rotations and raid positioning in support of that task.

Tanking should be straight forward, 2 tank rotation with one designated to soak the devastating sword ability.

I've got some ideas on the healing that will hopefully work well, with 7 healers. We'll see.

We'll be using the 1 tank strategy. It will make things much simpler, and I'm sure that with a DK tank, the devastating strikes will be easier to deal with.

Serj, the stupidest forum user in the guild, in ANOTHER incorrect thread because he is illiterate wrote:
Watch it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_047Q-VLII

Baleroc

On 25-player Heroic difficulty, Torment now grants a stack of Vital Spark per 5 applications, up from 3. To compensate, Baleroc’s health has been reduced on 25-player Heroic difficulty.

Edit: This is heroic. Ignore me and my inability to read and incorrectly assume the difficulty level of the fight that the hotfixes in question are addressing.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> WotLK and Cata Content All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: