This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Fright
Officer

re: 4.2

I bet the servers are going down as I type this.

While you're downloading the patch, here's some important information that you should know. Educate yourself, knowledge is power. Dummies.

Basic Firelands information:
http://www.icy-veins.com/firelands-raid

New caster DPS legendary:
http://ptr.wowhead.com/item=71086#comments
Most of the way down the comments is an outline of process to make it.
On this topic, the first 25 Eternal Embers we loot as a guild will be put aside for the creation of this staff, as they are not BoP (so far as I see, at least). That will likely take the first couple months of Firelands raiding, hopefully less. The officers and I will make our decision on who will receive this weapon as we near the 25 Embers mark. No, we aren't taking nominations. Subsequent staves will likely be able to be formed through your own efforts, and all Embers after the first 25 will be bid on according to the DKP rules.

Basic 4.2 info:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/4-2

4.2 Patch Notes:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/patch-notes/ptr-patch-notes

Download the patch, update your mods, and be ready to raid come raid time. New content is fun and exciting, and it's been over 7 MONTHS since there was anything new! AMAGASH!

Also, notice what they are doing to 4.0 raid content. It is, I think, without a doubt the biggest content nerf in the history of WoW, at least in one shot. They didn't really do many/any nerfs while it was end-game, so they are just knocking them all out at once.

This means it is a wonderful time to be an alt character in The Art of Ruin. Regular alt raids have been scratching together most every Friday night, and I expect the interest in those runs to increase. If they were left to me (and they hopefully won't be), we'd clear BoT or BWD, then if the group is solid enough we'd go try some firelands stuff. If the group isn't solid enough, we'd just clear BoT or BWD, whichever we hadn't already. So look forward to that.

Also, we will be looking to organize pvp more effectively going forward. We've got a lot of members these days that do pvp pretty heavily, more than we ever have in the past, I'd say, and we'll try to reflect that in the guild organization.

One of our soon-to-be-new officers will be tasked with organizing a rated BG team of between 12-15 people. More if possible. He/she will be looking for people that know what they are doing, and are reasonably well geared for it. Remember, you'll still be going out there with our guild tag over your head, I'd hate for you to embarrass us all with your keyboard turning and your lack of a PvP trinket.

More info will follow. If you're interested, start preparing your toons for it now.

Good stuff. Yay new shit to kill!

I'd love to get some hawt n' heavy pvp schtuffz goin' down. However...

GM Fright wrote:
I'd hate for you to embarrass us all with your keyboard turning and your lack of a PvP trinket.

Forum Image

Who are our officers now, other than Junkr?

To burn a thousand trees
-Bellasaer-

Junkr, Urnkj, Nuk jr., Jr. Unk, Nujkr, and Killerkills

The wise man speaks only of what he knows.

Amminidabtree

Aw shit, I forgot about Officer Killerkills

If you are not signed up for tonight's raid yet, you will want to fix that.

Yes, we are raiding tonight. Get online and get ready.

Doesn't the first part of the the quest consist of 25 quest items (as opposed to 25 cataclysm primordial saronites), and therefore cannot be stored in the gbank and must be given away as soon as they drop?

To burn a thousand trees
Ourstateobzen

I'm pretty sure living embers are what you need for the first part of the chain, and also pretty sure they're not bound.
Lydecker Lies
Friend

My quest says Eternal Embers (http://www.wowhead.com/item=71141#dropped-by), which only drops if someone in the raid has the quest. But now that you mention it, I don't know if it's BoP. On the comments in the link I posted above some people confirm it is.

I guess what you're thinking about is Living Ember (http://www.wowhead.com/item=69237/living-ember#dropped-by), which is, in fact, the item used for crafting. I also think they will be needed on the legendary quest, though I'm not sure.

These names are all very confusing, and I could be wrong, but my question still stands.

To burn a thousand trees
Ourstateobzen

Ahhhh, yeah, I did have those mixed up. They ran out of fire-based suffixes for items, I guess.

I read through the comments section, and apparently they are master loot-able to one person, up to three (observed) drop per boss, and they are un-tradeable. So, we'll need to have our loot threshold set to rare for bosses, to prevent any stealers from stealing, whether accidental or not.

So, to answer your question,
Lydecker Lies wrote:
Doesn't the first part of the the quest consist of 25 quest items (as opposed to 25 cataclysm primordial saronites), and therefore cannot be stored in the gbank and must be given away as soon as they drop?

Yes. I think.
GM Fright
Officer

Yes we will be raiding on July 4th. If you need to go watch fireworks with the family or something let me know, but the fireworks we'll shoot off when we kill Shannox will be much more exciting.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: