Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic   Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
GM Fright
Officer

re: Raid Logs

Sunday 10/17/16 - Heroic Il'Gynoth and Heroic Elerethe

Some people ranked, but none for top 95%.
Mages and Sile beat the damage meters. 
Alintharil won the survivability meters.
Serj won the interrupt meters.

I'm too tired for awards.  Congratulations to our prestigious winners...!

I think the answer is more Life Tap to be honest.

GM Fright
Officer

The latest logs:

Thursday 10/20/16 - Heroic EN Farm - First 5 Bosses

As always, look at your personal damage/healing/etc and what you can do to improve; check out the "Problems" tab (not available for all fights) especially the "Avoidable Damage" section; look at the Rankings to see how you compare to others of your class/gear level; blah blah blah.  If you have any questions, please ask.

Sunday's logs coming soon, hopefully this evening.  I'm having a busy day...

Sunday 10/23/16 - First Heroic Cenarius Kill + Heroic Xavius Attempts

This Chart is informative, it shows the extreme decrease in the damage taken during Xavius from the tank dispel after we started running the tanks to the side.

So is this chart, which shows the increase in damage from the small add spawning when we moved to the split group strategy, and the decrease when we moved back to spreading behind the boss.

Lastly, this chart is interesting as it shows that we continued to take the same amount of damage from the Nightmare Blades throughout the night no matter the positioning we were using (it also shows the schmucks that got hit by the blades the most often, and if you show it for an individual fight in which we made it to phase 3, you'll notice that the nightmare blades show up again in that final phase, and are cast at least twice...).

Long story short of those last two charts: bad strategy SERJ.  Jerk.

We'll be doing what we were doing at the end of the night when we got him to .5%: spread loosely behind the boss, get away from little adds if you're not dreaming, move intelligently with and away from the nightmare blades, and run the tank dispel out to the side.  We just need to do it BETTER.  One less mind control on that attempt and we wouldn't be having this conversation!

There's also this chart, which shows how much damage everyone took from getting hit by the little adds.  To be clear, it's not the damage that is bad, it is the corruption that it gives you.

If you're above the average, either you happen to be in the dream state during the first phase a lot, or you're getting hit too much while not dreaming.  If you're below average, either you weren't in the dream state in phase one often, or you're not doing a good job of soaking the little adds.  If you aren't even on the list: fuck you ya kangaroo faced fuck.  If you're Amminidab, you're a rather heroic young man that enjoys jumping on grenades, and he may very well have been the only bastard in the dream state doing it right.  Or not, you'll have to ask him.

As a reminder, getting near the little adds not only damages you, it hits you for 30 corruption.  That's a lot.  It is the ONLY FUCKING CORRUPTION-SOAKING JOB THAT DREAMING DPS HAVE IN THE FIRST PHASE.  So I'd expect you to be doing it, but not overdoing it.  If you're getting knocked out of the dream phase early because of this, slow your shit down and let someone else get tentacled by a little dude.

I do not want healers getting hit by this.  If you are dreaming, your corruption is reserved for dispels.  If you aren't dreaming, your corruption is reserved for phase 3 dispels.  So, you know, stop getting hit by it.

This may be the single most important factor that we are screwing up in preventing MCs later in the fight.  It's pretty important, at least.  When the little adds spawn, and I yell at you to get away from the little adds unless you're dreaming, please try to listen better.  Doing it wrong is the same as if you went and stood in a phase two puddle while wide awake: pretty dumb.  (Worse, even, because it's three times as much corruption as one puddle...)

K that's all I have to say about that.

GM Fright wrote:

There's also this chart, which shows how much damage everyone took from getting hit by the little adds.  To be clear, it's not the damage that is bad, it is the corruption that it gives you. 

So here's a fun little fact for why my damage taken from that is so goddamn high. I purposely tried to get hit by as many Corruption Horrors as I could before reaching 100 corruption *WHILE IN THE DREAM*. I would then push myself to 100 corruption when my Combustion was ready. Here is an explanation why.

DESCENT INTO MADNESS EXPLAINED

When your corruption reaches 100, you receive the Descent into Madness 'debuff'. What happens with this 'debuff' is it increases your damage done by 150% for 20 seconds. I was usually in The Dream during Phase 1 and I'll give you guys my strategy for what I do with my cooldowns. This 'debuff' is also very good within the last 5%-10% of the fight, regardless if you get Mind Controlled.

THE FIGHT

I use all of my cooldowns as normal on the pull for the fight. Regardless of whether you go in the dream or not, your cooldowns start refreshing, and if you go into the dream, their reset timer is separate from the cooldowns in the dream. Trying to type this out is a bit confusing, but I'll try to better explain this. Combustion is a 2 minute CD for Fire Mage. I use this at the start of the fight and it begins to go on cooldown. I am placed into the dream and wait for my cooldowns to come back up. I try to stay around 50 corruption by the time I can get a second combustion round. Wait for cooldowns. Once combustion is about to come up again, I get myself to 100 corruption and gain the Descent into Madness 'debuff'. Now, with my 150% increased damage *WHILE IN THE DREAM*, I use my combustion for the third time in the fight. YOU DO NOT GET MIND CONTROLLED ONCE YOU HIT 100 CORRUPTION IN THE DREAM. You simply 'die' and get pulled back into the normal phasing. Once Descent into Madness falls off, I 'die' and am put back into the normal phase with the rest of the raid. All of my cooldowns are back up and I use my combustion for the fourth time in the fight within about 4 minutes of the pull.

You might be wondering what happens to your corruption stacks once you come out of the dream after gaining Descent into Madness. You go back to the corruption you had before going into the dream. If you were placed in the dream during Phase 1, guess what? You're back at 0.

I guess I might've been pretty lucky to get dropped into The Dream for Phase 1 nearly every pull, but my damage output was very different whether I was able to be corrupted during Phase 1 or if I was not put in the dream at all.

AND THE MORAL OF THE STORY IS

You very much want to descend into madness as a dps while in the dream.

GM Fright
Officer

Yes, the buff you get at 100 corruption is good, and using it strategically is a good idea.  It's necessary, of course, for everyone to aim to get that buff just before their dream state expired naturally, ESPECIALLY if you're in the dream during phase one.  There's too much unavoidable corruption for someone to be removed from the first phase dream state early and still expect to make it to the end of the fight without being mind controlled.  

I'm doing what you're doing as well, TRYING to get to 100 corruption while in the dream, but I do not want to get there until there's 30 seconds or less left on the dream state debuff.  From the way you described your cooldowns, it sounds like your timing is pretty good, about the same as mine.  You and Toxx were able to use this 150% buff more than anyone else.

Thursday 10/27/16 - Heroic EN up to Xavius

We're so awesome that apparently we didn't have any tanks for rankings. :-(

GM Fright
Officer

Baklanumn wrote:

We're so awesome that apparently we didn't have any tanks for rankings. :-(

I have no doubt that they finally just got rid of that ranking.  Like I've said before, it's not exactly scientific or very helpful, and it was out of date in it's methodology anyway.

Sunday 10/30/16 - First Heroic Xavius Kill

Thursday 11/3/16 - Heroic EN Farming

Changing around some talents seemed to help me out! Onwards and upwards now!

Somosito
Raider

Stat weights made a big difference.  Now if I could live longer I'd be in shape.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: