Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

re: ESO and my Future in WoW

Well as I posted elsewhere I preordered my ESO software which inspired me to look up my WoW subscription status, the current quarter ends on March 7th, I decided to go monthly for one more month, but assuming ESO releases on their current schedule, I will probably be done with WoW at the end of March. Only 6 more weeks!

Like most have said, if ESO fails to live up to my hopes, then I might revisit the issue of WoW. Like many of you, I am getting pretty bored with the current content, and since there seems to be little interest in pushing heroic progression, it begs the question of what to do between now and the end of march. I suppose that is a topic for another thread.

Holy shit Tavie you make one of these for every new game you try?
GM Fright
Officer

Well since you've brought it up, my basic plan for a raiding schedule going forward looks like this:

Farm until we can clear the whole place, including Garrosh, in one week (hopefully this week).
Start on an heroic or two the next week, just to get a feel for them.
Play it by ear for the next month or two. Try and get a couple heroics under our belts.
Take a temporary break when ESO comes out. Give it a month or so and see if we think we'll want to stick with it.

My prediction is that we'll play ESO for 2-3 months, then the WoW expansion will come out and we'll be right back in Azeroth for another 2 years. But a break from raiding never hurt anyone, and so long as there's no actual new content (heroics not included) to kill, I don't think that most of us will mind too much.

But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves, either. It's still February, and we've still got bosses to kill and guild obligations to uphold and all that jazz.

Kimlin, I usually make a post like this when I am a core raider and I plan to stop raiding for an extended period of time (like forever). As was the case when TSW came out, in fact, I had no intentions of coming back to WoW then, but Vyvii seduced me. I had played in the MoP beta, and I wasn't super excited about the expansion. Honestly, if it wasn't for the people we raid with, I would not of continued to play this long. Not super interested in the coming expansion either, and I don't want to pay for subs for multiple games.

While I will acknowledge that WoW sets a pretty high bar for end game retention and for that reason alone, I will accept that I may be back if ESO fails to deliver a truly immersive game. Since there are a number of us who are going to play ESO, I am allowing for the possibility that I may follow the community back. However, I at this point, when I consider my personal preferences, I doubt I will come back to WoW if it disappoints, I am looking for something different, and after 9 years now, WoW is just old like me Happy But I have been known to put my own preferences aside for the enjoyment of raiding with the AoR scumbags.

I really want to be done with WoW, I really do!

No one ever really quits WoW.

Somosito
Raider

I think Nanners quit WoW. I miss that little fucker.

I'm not too sure if I'll be able to play with you guys that much, but here's the scenarios that I'm seeing in my foreseeable future:

1) At least a group of 10 people continue to raid and I gear up a character to 'progress' with them.

2) Too many people from the guild stop playing, I gear up a character, and find another environment to raid/pvp with. Wait until new content arrives and maybe regroup and raid again.

3) I can't commit enough time to gear up and raid efficiently.

4) Stop playing altogether.

So far, number 2 seems to be the most likely situation. I really wanted to try some WoW pvp again. Seeing that people are wanting to stop raiding for whatever reason, I will probably jump on the opportunity. If we do end up having a consistent number for raids, I will continue my effort to gear my paladin.

Regardless, I hope I can play with a few of you during the times I can.

pz
GM Fright
Officer

I don't really intend to stop playing WoW, though I may stay away for a couple months for no other reason that to avoid paying two subscriptions for a time. What I wouldn't mind doing is switching to some alts for the last couple months of this expansion and just raiding on those alts once a week. Who knows, WoW stuff after the first week of April is going to be decided on the fly, I'm sure.

I would for sure show up for alt events, but the days best for me are Fri/Sat evenings. Sundays are not that bad, but I would be at most 15 minutes late according to the current time set. Thursdays would be awful because I have to wake up at 0400 on Friday morning.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: