This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junkr
Friend

re: VOA

Just wondering if we should do this as a guild every week or just on our own.

The benefit to doing it as a guild is that all the loot stays in the guild AKA we get better gear consistently, whereas if everyone pugged there's a good chance no one would get loot.

The downside is planning to do it, having people follow through with it, and losing raid time in ICC. And hoping horde has Wintergrasp around raid time.

Jaede

Run as a guild, but with a couple notes:

1. Official guild runs would be for 25-man, I'm sure people will run 10-man as a guild anyway but this would be outside of 25-man raid time.

2. If we haven't been able to do a guild run of VoA25 after the first two raid days of the week, mains can be free to pug. This gives us opportunity to run it together, but doesn't leave people SoL if horde sucks at wintergrasp around our raid times, and doesn't chance the possibility of horde continuing to suck on the last raid day (Especially if this day is Sunday/Monday, cutting time close to get your VoA in). Keeping the free tier loot within the guild is really nice. Except when Toravon only drops pvp loot, which is really shitty.

As for it cutting into ICC, VoA can easily be done right at the beginning or the end of a raid night - and since I imagine we'd just need to do Toravon anyway, would take 10 minutes tops. The longest part would be waiting for everyone to get there :p

Kinda what she said.
Kailley

I tend to run VoA with my friends since I don't get to "raid" with them often. I would like to keep it that way, specifically because I can choose which character to bring.

I don't need anything from VoA on Kaillech, so I'm not upset if I don't run it with her that week or miss out on loot. If it stays with regular raid time, then I suppose it won't matter much so long as Kaillech is available. However, I know that some people would be cheesed if an alt won something over their main, so we need to make more "guidelines" as to how this will be run.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Wreckrium

It won't be. We will probably never run VoA as a guild unless it's a freak occurrence.
Reji

guild 25 man VoA this week plz? If possible it would be great.

Reji wrote:
guild 25 man VoA this week plz? If possible it would be great.

We'll try Reji, no promises.
Masticrom

if we do decide to do a guild 25 man VoA, would be do it before ICC? and if so would we be willing to wait for WG to start if WG starts close to raid time say 6:30? Also, vel and I's old guild used to do a pre-made WG with the raid to help ensure we got it, soo if peeps need help for strats we got them.
Wreckrium

We won't be doing it this week for sure now, and it's likely we never will do it as a guild during normal raid times, VoA is in a small way an opportunity for us to gauge how much effort someone puts in to maximizing the potential of their toon.

Obviously guild will get our raiders gear, it's just probably a waste of raid time to gamble on VoA. Everyone who is working towards a full time raiding spot (Everyone, never stop trying to improve) and could use a single piece of gear from drops or badges needs to be doing VoA weekly anyway.

As in the past our scheduled raid time is probably always going to be spent trying to progress or farming up to our progression fights.
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: