This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bananashroom

re: Bored and nothing to troll so...

Just putting a random post on the type of player i am in wow =p

Im not one of those theorycrafting players. I usually just find out a certain class im playing and take the basic of what i need to do/know. But knowing can only do so much unless you practise =p . I got most of my information from Elitistjerks or some other sites. my other source of info comes from asking people. but i dont ask random people since there's so many "awesome" dks out there. they usually have to beat me significantly in raid before i decide he's really good.

As a dps class, i like my meters. i like being on top on every fight. i think the competition motivates me to do better. In raids i usually find someone who has similar GS with me to beat (/lookat Reji cause Rosh is hax). Doesnt matter if that certain class is better then the other cause good player is good and bad player is bad. At times i admit i might have tunnel vision just to get up the meter but overall i think my awareness is good. The only set back is im running 25s with 10fps and 400-500+ms(asian in asia). so sometimes i might not move out as fast as i should. But i usually play it safe rather then risk it unless i know it can be done.

So thats me in raid, competitive and always wanting to do cool stuff. kthx
Jaede

Extended maintenance till 3pm ugh.

I'm similar in WoW as I am in RL. A perfectionist always trying to get the best out of what I can do. I enjoy variety and learning new things about different aspects of the game (hence the many alts).

As dps I enjoy my meters too, but I find it's best to make a habit of disabling recount during raids and just look at logs later :p Like Banana said, comparing yourself to others of your class/spec as well as just other dps in general is a great way to push yourself to improve. I know I've started paying attention more closely to how I do things. Don't think you can get complacent in your raid spot, that's when people get lazy and are then surprised when new person outperforms them 10 times over!

Now the extended to 5... oh wait its nearly 6 now... hmmmm

How my little priest came to be... I played in BC as a rogue (and yes they were OP than... and it was fantastic) but i got tired of pugging heals and tanks for kara in our little miniscule guild soooo i re-rolled leveled with jon on his pally. got into a raiding guild. started off as holy topping charts clear through till about end ulduar- early toc- than I became a discipline, both because our one tank just kept dying... literaly once a fight... at least... and because we had 2 other holy priests in guild (dont ask me why we had so many... i to this day dont know.) Sooo I rolled disc... adn spent hours on elitistjerks and patch forums looking over specs adn learning the class... (And like you jaede was out to prove they ARE a viable healing class) but unlike my holy counterpart they arent about healing done- no no they were about dmg mitigated soooo i spent a good while with rawr and found the best way to get a human shield for my squishy little tank, was me.... than viola! suddenly said tank was living through beasts hardmode.... (with the help of cds...) havent really looked back since.

P.S.(the tank wasnt mast) he's always been horridly boring to heal ~.~

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: