Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreckrium

re: To the haters...

For those of you who claim the US don't care about the world cup...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbn3rOPmR9w

It actually gave me goosebumps. What an incredible event. We may pump more money into Football and basketball and dreadful baseball, but the magic of the world cup isn't lost on us like the haters would have you believe.

GM Fright
Officer

Dude, I cut out of my office for 2 hours in the morning on the one day this month my millionaire district manager was in town, just to watch this game.

And I'll be glued to the TV on Saturday afternoon.

i heard the interest in the US is at its peak. i think generally its sports and supporting the nation that brings people together. doesnt mean they still watch it after the world cup imo.
Wreckrium

Bananashroom wrote:
i heard the interest in the US is at its peak. i think generally its sports and supporting the nation that brings people together. doesnt mean they still watch it after the world cup imo.

Never said otherwise. Club soccer is fucking stupid. envy

Junkr
Friend

The next time I see/hear someone say "I tried to watch the world cup but the vuvuzelas ruined it for me" is going to get a large rock thrown their way.

A lot of people complain about how soccer is "slow" and there's too many fouls... etc... Yet our "National pastime" is fucking baseball. The slowest, most boring game to ever grace the tv screen. Mind you, I like going to games. And sometimes I turn on the tigers because they're my team and I want to see how they're doing. But really, no one does anything in baseball. The whole game is about waiting to see what happens.

Soccer gets hated on for reasons I will never understand.
Hockey too, though not as badly as soccer.

Verjil

i hate everything except for UK basketball and NFL.

oh, and olympic curling.
Verjil

oh and happy birthday Matt.

but seriously....curling....that shit is the NANNERS!
Tuco.

Junkr wrote:
Yet our "National pastime" is fucking baseball. The slowest, most boring game to ever grace the tv screen.

Technically, I suppose. But I dont know anybody that actually likes to watch baseball, other than the world series. I will admit that the drama, the heightened importance of games makes things more interesting. But if baseball folded up shop tomorrow I for one wouldn't be on about anything.

I wish soccer was more popular in the US. As it is I'm stuck grasping for scraps with whatever Barclay's premeir or Bundesliga games show up on the fox soccer channel.
Brasidas!

Eaden: I have a subscription to Setanta, but unfortunately they had a rights dispute with bundesliga so they dropped those broadcasts down to a minimum of games for the time being, they do however have italian serie a, french ligue 1, premier league, uefa champions league and I think a few dutch league games... but yeah, whatever issue they have with bundesliga pisses me off b/c I'm a staunch FC Bayern München fan and the only way I get to see games lately is web streams

Tuco.

Yea I cant stand the Italian, Spanish leagues, as well as South American games. There is way too much god damn flopping. It exists in all soccer to an extent, but those leagues are really bad.. bad enough that I generally wont even watch em (except Ronaldinho's games).

On that note, if I were FIFA id set a policy that if a player flopped it would be reviewed post game and potentially give out a 1 game suspension. Even for the flops that weren't caught during the game time.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?! All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: