This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Junkr
Friend

re: The Argent Defender

This may or may not go hand in hand with the achievement whore group, but this is something I've always liked to try and if I can get people interested, it would be worth trying to do every week for the glory of the title.

This title is earned by clearing TOGC10 with no wipes, and with gear restrictions. This title is the ultimate goal, but other plateaus would obviously have to be reached as well. Learning all the fights is a good plan, but learning them all WHILE wearing the limited gear sets is an even better plan.

As far as what gear is usable - see below.

Taken directly from wowwiki:

A Tribute to Dedicated Insanity | 2009-09-17 17:58| Daelo
You can use:

* Any item below item level 245.
* The item level 245 set pieces that drop from 25-player Trial of the Crusader but also appear in the 10-player Tribute Chest.
* Any gear that drops in 10-player Trial of the Crusader or Trial of the Grand Crusader, including item level 245 Trial of the Grand Crusader drops and item level 258 cloaks from the 10-player Tribute Chest
* Any item level 245 items purchased with [Badges of Triumph].
* Any item level 245 Bind on Equip item, including crafted pieces.

You cannot use:

* Any item level 245 item not included above (primarily Bind on Pickup drops from 25-player Trial of the Crusader, but also notably [Val'anyr]).
* Any item over item level 245 except for the 10-player Tribute cloak.
* Any higher item level loot introduced in future patches (25 player Onyxia 245s, Icecrown loot in the future, etc.)

If you are not interested:
-No big deal. A lot of people hate toc. Even more hate togc. I may murder you for it. But most likely not.

If you are interested:
-Respond on the forums with what character you're interested in and the role you'd like to play
-Start preparing a set of gear by following the guidelines listed above. This is the critical step of this endeavor.. If your gear is wrong, you won't be going (obviously.) Do some research - find what is BiS for you with the guidelines mentioned above and do a little each day to try to get your set complete. Those of you running the achievement runs should get a good start, I know there are a lot of BiS trinkets and whatnot in Ulduar so start thinking about it. Most notably, getting a 4-piece t9 set would help immensely. Bonus points if you already have it.

This is a hard achievement
. No doubt. There will be a lot of tears and broken dreams. For some reason, though, I like these kinds of things, and I'm sure there are others out there who do too. Some of the best memories I have in this game are of finally killing bosses after days and days of learning the difficult fights. What has always appealed to me about this is that it is reminiscent of the way things used to be like in raiding. You could not outgear the content. It just didn't work that way. You had to be smart, attentive, and driven to get the tough stuff done. Not to mention you had to have solid leadership and a crew willing to listen. So... /end inspiring speech.

As a side note, ICC progression is the #1 goal. Don't put anything above that. Just sayin'.

Wreckrium

I'd love to try the challenge, I just simply don't have the proper gear now. I see old shit almost as soon as I replace it unless it's a hit trinket or something. Darn.

kaasi
Friend

i had a complete dedicated insanity set up till 2 weeks ago. i vendored most of it when i was clearing my mail and bank inventory for faction change.
Masticrom

Lol, i would love to come, but i'd have to start working on an old 232 tanking set again, lol
Posts from:   
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: