Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaede

re: Just wanted to let you all know.

Apologies in advance for my wordiness.

Here's the story. A few weeks ago I put in my raiding resignation in an attempt to sleep better and get RL things more stabilized. Since that time I've been logging off earlier during the week, as I'm sure many of you have noticed, and it's been helping a lot.

Since I wasn't on very long or late on weeknights I would usually just quest on alts, maybe running a random or two on some 80's. And I had fun being casual, I'm one of those crazy people who like questing. But as the time went on, it became very clear that I was really missing one of my main sources of enjoyment in this game: raiding. I did a couple 10's on Fridays but I have been wanting to get back to the 25-man raiding, with a guild, on a regular basis.

Here's the unfortunate part. I cannot do it here. I've come too far in getting my sleeping back to a schedule I can handle, that I can't regress back to where I was before. I'll feel the burnout again and I'll end up right back in this same position. I knew that if I really wanted to get back into raiding again, I was going to need to find a raid schedule that would fit with my RL schedule, instead of adjusting my RL schedule to raiding schedules (like I've done so often up to now). So, with that conclusion made, I started looking for one.

When I return to game Tuesday evening (I'm out of town right now for work - y'know, stopping those zombies and all) I will be packing my bags and headed off realm. After some research, I found a place that fit my schedule (raiding 7:30-10:30 EST 3 nights a week) and after further research looked to be a good fit in general. Progression very similar to what we have here.

Some of you who've known me a while may remember me going off realm for a short time before, only to come back to Suramar. The guild I went to didn't work for a number of reasons which I don't care to get into (primarily immaturity issues), and they also raided until 1:00 EST which of course wasn't good. I don't anticipate those same issues this time around, but I guess you never know. This being said, there's no raiding place for me on Suramar, so I don't expect to be back even if things don't work out.

Fortunately with the RealID system it's easier than ever to keep in touch with people on other realms. If anyone would like my info for that please let me know and I will send in an in-game mail - I'm reluctant to post my email on public forums. I'm also keeping all the alts on Suramar so I'll still be hanging around.

Thanks y'all - it's been a blast.

It's been great to have you Jaede. You worked your butt off with me to get the people together for this, you're always welcome here.

Anaaria

^ What he said.

I wish you the best and I hope that you find a proper home that provides enjoyment. Honestly if it wasn't for the incredible friendships I had made with so many of these people years ago I would have gone to an east coast realm a long time ago... but I just can't let them go...

I know how trying lack of sleep can be in a work environment!! You probably feel like a new woman lately!

Don't be a stranger!
Reji

Will deff miss you jaede, I know shroomy will as well. Best of luck out there, it's a cold hard world...of warcraft.

Jump to: