Class : Death Knight
Spec 1 : Blood
Spec 2 : Frost

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

How old are you?:
30-49

Please list your raid ready characters and their class/spec, beginning with your main.:
Sceptic is my main and only raid worthy toon. His primary is Blood Tank, secondary is Frost DPS.

Which of these characters are you primarily applying with, and would you be willing to switch if needed?:
N/A

Please provide links to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. link for the character you are applying with.:
Sorry, we havn't recorded any stats of any sort for months. I could always run web stats and post if it is required.

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
I have been in the guild Hell Fire since pre Kara.
I raided extensively as a warrior tank in BC.
In Wrath I have tanked in every raid instance up until RS.

Why have you decided to apply to The Art of Ruin?:
I like the enthusiasm that I see on your forums. You guys seem like you have your shit together, and your raid times fit with my lifestyle.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Luke Skywalker

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
a cowhorse

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
Who wouldn't want to move shit around with their mind? The only bad part about Luke was that whole sister thing*creepy* I was either Luke or H1N1. Had to go with Luke.

Could you imagine driving down the road and seeing a cowhorse?! You would be like WOW don't get to see that everyday.

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> 3x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> 3x a Month

re: APPROVED - App: Krayak - by GM Fright

Hey there... as I eluded to in your recruiting post,

We will lose our Prot Paladin to the Navy for a good bit here soon, and are looking for someone to be available to attend 2-3 25-Mans weekly as well as a 10-Man or two on the weekends.

Additionally our current big scary Death Knight tank may be turning in his Boots for Slippers for Cataclysm. so there is potentially a pretty good shot to gnab a full-time tanking spot here for now and the future.

I'm very picky about my tanks. I was a Prot Warrior for 2.5 years and still end up tanking many 10-Mans now as it is. I'd like all of our tanks to have and use Ventrilo. Good communication is key. I'd also like our tanks to be among the more active people in the guild when it comes to raiding. I don't care if tanks are nowhere to be found until it comes time to raid and also when it's time to do our 10-Mans. The guild relies on its tanks to even have a chance to raid, so I'd expect some dedication to raiding. Lastly I expect all of our tanks to be extremely raid aware, you simply cannot be a good tank without being able to dodge the hurty stuffs.

If you believe you can bring what we are looking for I've got a few additional questions for you.

1. What kind of Machine are you using?

2. Elaborate a little on your previous raid experiences... What was the hardest kill, most fun encounter etc. Let us get a feel for what kind of raider you are.

3. What if any Hardmodes have you attempted and dropped in Wrath?

4. Do you see yourself tanking in Cataclysm?

5. If you could do battle with one person while aboard a hovercraft made of string cheese who would it be?

Masticrom

Hmmm interesting choice in gems why so much expertise+stam gems, dk's should more rely on stam+agil for the dodge
Sterne1140
Raider

Heya Happy Thanks for replying so promptly.

To answer your first question which was in the body of your post. I am highly reliable. If I say I am gonna be there, then I am there. It was common for me to run a >90% raid attendance. I do occaisionaly have to work the odd night shift that interferes with a raid,but that is an odd occurance. For several years I have run 3 nights a week 25 man and another 2-3 running 10 man. I have run with the same guild for 4 years.

I take an extremely dim view of those that stand up a raid. There are many times that I have made special plans so I could attend a raid only to have someone not show up and screw the raid. I find this to be rude and inconsiderate of one's guildies.

I am comfortable using vent to both listen to an order or to bark at ranged who refuse to target of target.

I have what I consider to be a good raid awareness. I attend to my targets aggro, watch for enviromental threts and keep my third eye open for any other threat that can wipe my raid.

I am currently running a Dell XPS 8100 with 8GB of ram and a Radeon HD 5700 video card. My interweb is run through Time Warner cable. Machine lag is not an issue. Acts of God I still have no control over.

I started raiding in Karazhan as on offtank on my warrior. While my guild Hell Fire was never in the running for realm firsts, we progressed along at a fair pace. Entering into Gruul's lair and then Magtheridon(sp) was my first real experience with tanking multiple mobs while performing multiple tasks at the same time. I LOVED it. I have been hooked on tanking ever since.

I would say that my hardest kill was lady Vashj. That would be because we never killed her. It is still an extremely sore point with me. Guild politics got in the way of progression. Very soon after that we went through a restructuring, but by the time we got back to being 25 man raid ready again the content had outpaced SSC.

My favorite fights had to be "The battle for Mount Hyjal" fights. I tend to be a little ADD, so the more shit that gets thrown at me the happier I am.

So far in Wrath I have successfuly run Heroic TOC 10 man to completion.

I see myself tanking for as long as I play this game. It is what I do. I am just waiting to pre order Cata.

Hmm, I would have to say all the chicks that are on that "The VIew" show. I would whip all their sorry old asses. Just looking at them pisses me off. They would hate cheese from that day forward.
Verjil

Krayak wrote:

Hmm, I would have to say all the chicks that are on that "The VIew" show. I would whip all their sorry old asses. Just looking at them pisses me off. They would hate cheese from that day forward.

i like this guy
Sterne1140
Raider

My dodge is decent. My hit is a little overpowered. My Expertise is sorely lacking. I would stuff more in there given the chance. The next couple paragraphs are direct quotes from Tank Spot.

"As a Death Knight tank, while not necessary, it is very valuable to try to reach the “soft hit cap” or the point at which you will never miss your special melee hits. This will allow smooth rotations and predictable outcomes. While the runes will regenerate faster if a hit fails to land, a hit that misses will cause zero threat and possibly delay other factors like the application of diseases and debuffs.

Similarly it can be very advantageous to have at least the “soft cap” of Expertise as well, or 26 Expertise on your sheet where you can be sure to never be dodged by your targets. Until you reach 26 Expertise, every point of Expertise rating will reduce your chance not to hit by double the amount that Hit rating will, in regards to melee attacks. Because of this, you will find Expertise a very valuable investment for threat until that point, particularly as Blood spec and dual wield Frost.

As a side note, while not every opponent can do it, the parry haste mechanism described above can also be used by certain raid bosses. As such, reducing your chance to be parried can sometimes also provide some small survival value by reducing the number of swings you take. This is not a major value in most cases, but it is still worth noting. Contrary to popular concerns, there is no immediate danger of dual wielding causing extremely rapid death for Frost dual wielding tanks provided typical Expertise values. However, in the cases where parry haste is possible, using slow weapons and being at or above the soft expertise cap will virtually eliminate noticeable effects of any additional parries you may generate."

This being said. I would not fight real hard against new information given the recent icy touch threat buffs. I don't have near the issues I did with Hunters and Shadow priests rockin 10k+ dps. I have also not progressed into hard modes in ICC, so I would have to see. Switching gems is easy enough. I just need solid numbers and experience to back it up.
Wreckrium

Well you at least seem to give a shit about your raider.

If you can somehow make it on server tonight at 6:15 server time we could use you. We will be working on ICC-HMs including Marrowgar, Lootship, DBS, Rotface, Festergut, Bloodqueen, and Valythria...Anything from here on out will be a trial by fire anyway. We're just starting to learn the HMs, so now is as good a time as any to get you in the rotation.

If you cannot make it, please let me know asap via PM or whatever.

Masticrom

Krayak wrote:
My dodge is decent. My hit is a little overpowered. My Expertise is sorely lacking. I would stuff more in there given the chance. The next couple paragraphs are direct quotes from Tank Spot.

"As a Death Knight tank, while not necessary, it is very valuable to try to reach the “soft hit cap” or the point at which you will never miss your special melee hits. This will allow smooth rotations and predictable outcomes. While the runes will regenerate faster if a hit fails to land, a hit that misses will cause zero threat and possibly delay other factors like the application of diseases and debuffs.

Similarly it can be very advantageous to have at least the “soft cap” of Expertise as well, or 26 Expertise on your sheet where you can be sure to never be dodged by your targets. Until you reach 26 Expertise, every point of Expertise rating will reduce your chance not to hit by double the amount that Hit rating will, in regards to melee attacks. Because of this, you will find Expertise a very valuable investment for threat until that point, particularly as Blood spec and dual wield Frost.

As a side note, while not every opponent can do it, the parry haste mechanism described above can also be used by certain raid bosses. As such, reducing your chance to be parried can sometimes also provide some small survival value by reducing the number of swings you take. This is not a major value in most cases, but it is still worth noting. Contrary to popular concerns, there is no immediate danger of dual wielding causing extremely rapid death for Frost dual wielding tanks provided typical Expertise values. However, in the cases where parry haste is possible, using slow weapons and being at or above the soft expertise cap will virtually eliminate noticeable effects of any additional parries you may generate."

This being said. I would not fight real hard against new information given the recent icy touch threat buffs. I don't have near the issues I did with Hunters and Shadow priests rockin 10k+ dps. I have also not progressed into hard modes in ICC, so I would have to see. Switching gems is easy enough. I just need solid numbers and experience to back it up.

*claps* You answered the first question correctly, now answer the next.....

What............is your favorite color?

BTW, thumbs up here
Tuco.

Green... No, Blue!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
GM Fright
Officer

Wha.... are those coconuts? How in the world did you get coconuts HERE?!

Jump to: