Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stat Attack

re: App: Stat Attack

The application submitted by Stat Attack is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Bawheed
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Bonechewer
Level : 80
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Hunter
Spec 1 : Marks
Spec 2 : Beast

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

How old are you?:
18-20

Please list your raid ready characters and their class/spec, beginning with your main.:
Bawheed - 11k dps hunter Statillius - 6.2k gs holy pally (need to raid with hunter first before bringing him over first :p)

Which of these characters are you primarily applying with, and would you be willing to switch if needed?:
Bawheed; Will bring pally possibly if the guild NEEDs it and i feel that it is progressing enough :]

Please provide links to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. link for the character you are applying with.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&cn=Bawheed

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&cn=Statillius

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
Well, in total i'd say i have approximately 200 days total playing time across both chars. My raiding experience is pretty deep, i've done 11/12 H ICC 10, 7/12 H ICC 25, and both 10/25 RS (about to do H RS 10). i've olny been in one guild beleive it or not (that i took seriously), The guild is called Evolution and its on Bonechewer - Alliance. I've raided with them for 3-4 years now so im pretty loyal imo :]

Why have you decided to apply to The Art of Ruin?:
Mainly i miss 2 of the raiders you currently have in your roster ;] I'm also informed that you guys are beginning to "get good" so i thought "HEY!, i can help these guys out and explain fights from experience if they need it!". and from what i heard in vent, you guys seem pretty cool :D nerdy, but cool :]

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
T-Rex

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
the universe implode

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
i chose T-Rex cause it was the only answer with a phone number sign in eet "-"
and uhh the second answer i chose because implode sounds cool. :]]

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Wreckrium

re: APPROVED - App: Stat Attack - by GM Fright

I don't know why it rubs me the wrong way, but it kinda does...

Stat Attack

re: :[

in gear wise?
i dont understand, if theres something wrong with my hunters gear/enchants i can change them in a heartbeat. I'm 100% my pally has everything it should have.

i can also 100% gurantee to you that i will be an extremely vital asset to the guild if given the chance :]]
AbstractThought

Gotta be honest... This guy gets down to business... He jokes around a ton, but during raids he does what he is supposed to and nothing less. I understand that my input as a new recruit isn't that valued, but he raids with one of the best guilds on my old server, and is willing to transfer on a whim for Reji and myself. He topped DPS charts before he had gear, and he is always doing something to improve his get-up.
If he is willing to fork the money, and we need a hunter, he is a spectacular choice.

-Jonathan
Masticrom

Tremurr wrote:

Im gonna have to completely with tremurr....you've been with a guild for 3-4 years, and loyal IMO as you say yourself. Why x-fer? I destinctly remember listening intently in vent the first night you "graced" it. Im the first one to say, i dont like ppl talking down to our guild, and thinking your "the hot shit". If you've got talent and are in the top 5 guilds on the game period, ill give you the due benefit for the title. But....it feel rubbed the wrong way as well. It's great that your a great friends w/ Reji and Abstraction and that your willing to shell out $60 for it, but why the sudden change in 2 days?
Stat Attack

Masticrom wrote:
Tremurr wrote:

Im gonna have to completely with tremurr....you've been with a guild for 3-4 years, and loyal IMO as you say yourself. Why x-fer? I destinctly remember listening intently in vent the first night you "graced" it. Im the first one to say, i dont like ppl talking down to our guild, and thinking your "the hot shit". If you've got talent and are in the top 5 guilds on the game period, ill give you the due benefit for the title. But....it feel rubbed the wrong way as well. It's great that your a great friends w/ Reji and Abstraction and that your willing to shell out $60 for it, but why the sudden change in 2 days?

Well, you have to look at this at a realistic standpoint, after working at a job for a while you feel its time to move on to another one just because you think its time. I also have many alts, i dont plan on just totally abandoning my old guild, because like i said, i'm pretty loyal and like to build pretty awesome friendships with my guildies. Also i dont mean to act like i'm the "Hot Shit", not all conversations in life are meant to be serious, especially when talking with friends, im sure you've heard of messing around and saying things you know arn't true. I also in no way have talked down to your guild, i've offered my assistance, im sorry if you took that the wrong way. hopefully this clarifys any assumptions made :]] I also dont really plan on bringing 2 characters, 120$ for friends is some pretty big cash for a game :p i just feel that with given the gear, i can assist in making your guild one of the best on your server :]]

dont think of me thinking im "hot shit", its more of like confidence :p

-Kirtland (Statillius)
Reji

I think a lot of this is just taken the wrong way. I know how he appears to some people.

Kirt aka stat plays every one of his characters to the utmost of their abilities, and I do miss playing with him as a friends/ great player.

Idk our current NEEDS for any of his classes, but he would be a great asset to the guild. The guy is really "faithful" to a group he will commit to. His sudden "change" mast is nothing to be taken lightly.

That night in vent ...he was joking around. I've learned to not take him seriously at least half the time, and it is all in good fun.

Again this is not up to me, but my vote is a yes.

We don't need help leading or learning these fights. You are five bosses ahead of us, we started raiding in June. I fully expect to have every Heroic boss you have down dead by next Thursday.

Myself and Fright have led this core of people in some capacity for three years. You are welcome to apply to be an initiate and work your way up like anyone else, but we aren't currently recruiting for guild hotdog, which seems to be what you've applied for. The arrogant approach was a bad one to take, and your first impressions on people have been pretty horrible, including myself. Confidence is one thing, but untamed arrogance will drive us away faster than tear gas.

Hint: Don't bother the GMs of a guild while they are working on FTK Hardmodes to invite your level one to the guild.

Now I'm willing to keep this application open right now just out of respect for Reji... but I need to be hearing and seeing different things to convince me you wouldn't be anything but a problem.

Stat Attack

re: /sigh

Well i posted a lengthy reply but forgot i wasnt logged in so that was all for nothing lol xD

I'd like to formally apologize again and say that i didnt mean to come across as arrogant, i dont beleive i've even talked to you yet so i dont see how you can say that i am arrogant but i will leave your opinions to yourself :] Also, in a attempt to salvage this application, i will in no way try to take the "GM reigns" and try to lead the way and try to enforce my strategies upon you guys, that was taken way out of proportion when you guys thought that i said or meant that. anyway, i hope we can set this all aside and we can raid and have fun with each other (no homo) :]] thank you for taking all this time so see if i'm actually a positive asset to this guild, and hopefully you'll find that i am.

-Kirtland (Statillius)
Wreckrium

re: Re: App: Stat Attack

Hit me up in game please so we can chat.
Not during a raid please.

Here's a breakdown of what I see when I read your application. This isn't intended to make you mad or anything, I just want you to see this from our point of view.

Stat Attack wrote:
The application submitted by Stat Attack is as follows:

Name : Bawheed
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : US - Bonechewer
Level : 80
Faction : Alliance
Race : Dwarf
Class : Hunter
Spec 1 : Marks
Spec 2 : Beast

WoW Armory
be.imba.hu
WoW Heroes

Oh sweet, a Hunter.

Stat Attack wrote:
How old are you?:
18-20

Meh, acceptable if he isn't obnoxious.

Stat Attack wrote:
Please list your raid ready characters and their class/spec, beginning with your main.:
Bawheed - 11k dps hunter Statillius - 6.2k gs holy pally (need to raid with hunter first before bringing him over first :p)

Don't care about your gear. Gear is easy, Reji says you're a good player. Still in the clear.

Stat Attack wrote:
Which of these characters are you primarily applying with, and would you be willing to switch if needed?:
Bawheed; Will bring pally possibly if the guild NEEDs it and i feel that it is progressing enough :]

This is where you start losing me. You offer the Pally, but only if we are progressing fast enough for you. Which means you're applying with an Alt and indirectly just flashed your Epeen.

Stat Attack wrote:
Please provide links to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. link for the character you are applying with.:
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&cn=Bawheed

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Bonechewer&cn=Statillius

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
Well, in total i'd say i have approximately 200 days total playing time across both chars. My raiding experience is pretty deep, i've done 11/12 H ICC 10, 7/12 H ICC 25, and both 10/25 RS (about to do H RS 10). i've olny been in one guild beleive it or not (that i took seriously), The guild is called Evolution and its on Bonechewer - Alliance. I've raided with them for 3-4 years now so im pretty loyal imo :]

Frankly I think Mast's take here went a little far. (love you....) I think being with a guild for 3 or 4 years is very loyal even if you decide it's time to move on. 4 years is a lifetime in WoW, I've played with the same general people for 3 or so years as well with some breaks here and there and wouldn't have it any other way.

Your progression is equal to ours in 10-Man and 5 HMs ahead (for at least the next 8 hours) in 25s. Our first 25-Man was June 9th. Since then we've had 12-15 raids due to Monday attendance problems (Since resolved) and didn't get more than a small handful of attempts a week on LK until last week. Now he's dead and we're working on Hard Modes. Reji could have told you all of this, as well as pretty much the entire history of the core of this guild.

Some schmuck from Ensidia could throw an application up and not appreciate some of the talent in this guild until they see it, so I can understand wanting to make sure you're applying to a guild full of quality people, but that's something you discuss with Reji or Abstraction outside of posting a public application.

Stat Attack wrote:
Why have you decided to apply to The Art of Ruin?:
Mainly i miss 2 of the raiders you currently have in your roster ;] I'm also informed that you guys are beginning to "get good" so i thought "HEY!, i can help these guys out and explain fights from experience if they need it!". and from what i heard in vent, you guys seem pretty cool :D nerdy, but cool :]

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
T-Rex

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
the universe implode

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
i chose T-Rex cause it was the only answer with a phone number sign in eet "-"
and uhh the second answer i chose because implode sounds cool. :]]

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Don't Know
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always

That whole first answer was just weird. That's where you lost me completely. I think you can figure out why that whole paragraph made myself and others kneejerk.

Your application wasn't terrible beyond belief or anything, but compound that with the first impressions some had from Vent as well as the awkward whispering the GMs asking for a friend invite during a raid you've blown up a mini shitstorm around your application.

My only advice to you on how to rectify yourself would be to act like you're in the break room at work... it's ok to goof off, but keep in mind you're still at work. It's easy to make bad impressions on the internet. Think about what you say before you say it. Mutual Respect is all we ask.

Stat Attack

re: no epeen intended ;]

after seeing that i can finally understand now where your coming from, the whole "IF YOU NEED ME" thing, and after reading it again i have to apologize sincerely, in no way did i mean it to be a "yo check the epeen" kinda thing, and i'm extremely sorry it came across that way, i was just saying if you need a healer i would be willing to bring another character. again, i do apologize and hope we can put this all aside :]
GM Fright
Officer

This application is locked from further discussion in this forum. Tremurr and/or I will talk with you towards the end of the week in order to make a better decision on your application. Don't contact us, when we are ready we will find you through Reji or Abstraction.

Thank you for your application.
-Fright

Jump to: