This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bananashroom

re: Catalysm, Heroics.

Forums post in mmo about heroics are hard have pop up. so is it reallllllly that hard? to be honest, i dont find the reg dungeons remotely hard. they test the "basic" stuff of dungeons/raids. which is, stand out of something/interrupts/kiting/cc etc. i know we only have a couple of people that have tried heroics, but is it really that bad? if possible, people that have done heroics could maybe share some tips/tricks they notice/come across in heroics. i know i be doing some later, will give more feedback.

CC isn't as essential as some people believe, however, smart pulls are very critical to your success. Don't expect to just charge into a mob and be successful. I would like to say a few things about shadowfang keep heroic, however, the first boss is so fucking hard that I haven't been past him.

More than anything, a good healer is absolutely critical. If your healer sucks you will never make it past the first boss. They need to be conservative with their mana because each fight lasts at least a few minutes, or longer. In my BRC run, Beauty (by far the hardest boss in there) took our group 7 minutes to kill. That's a long time and our healer was oom for about the last minute, so a lot of kiting was happening.

From what I've seen, most of the heroic content is fairly difficult. Some bosses are absolutely ridiculous, while some are pretty easily handled on a second or third attempt (2nd boss of BRC).

Lydecker Lies
Friend

Only heroic I've been so far was Grim Batol... and it was kinda easy. Disappointingly easy, actually. I've read a few posts stating that it should be one the of the hardest heroics. Don't know about SFK, though, or any of the others, but it seems that with our players this will be a walk in the park.

To burn a thousand trees
Savallia

I can believe it ive been stacking spirit lately like no other @.@ and man o man is it so easy to go oom now. they werent kidding when they said they wanted people to start trying to avoid inc dmg. :D but im excited!!!

“I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I’m outta control, and at times a little hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst; Than you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” Marilyn Monroe
Bananashroom

so yea, i had a taste of a couple of heroics yesterday and yes its bad. i manage to get in H Vortex which is my first heroic. First boss is easy, that dude with the tornado shield, 2nd boss however that dragon, was messy. its movement intensive cause dps would want the down wind buff to do more dps and there's like a million vortex around throwing people when come close. i would say this is a good fight to test a player's awarenes and dpsing while moving. we had a couple of healers leaving and joining us cause they gave up. eventually got a pally healer and we won. last boss is easy, he just make his triangle faster. overall i would say h vortex could possibly one of the easier heroics out there with exception of the 2nd boss that people need to get use to the fight.

Feedback from heroics.
Goodluck healers. Most of the fights have few things that is happening at the same time. boss gonna cast aoe, stand out of fire, things falling from above, adds spawn. so its good to understand the fight, anticipated inc damage and possibly use a defensive cd(dps included). every chance you get to avoid certain damage, do it. tanks included. i know some of the trash(in stonecore) has a static frenzy attack so move away. if we manage to do all this, not only will we be better players but it will help our poor healers too. i feeling the effects of too much wotlk dungeon where everything is a aoe down thing.

CC is important. doesnt mean it has to be use for every single trash but its useful to cc so that you can reduce damage to group and save you healer's mana so they can pull faster instead of drinking after every single pull. its important to have your cc ready for a keybind/macro/bars cause there are a couple of fights that will spawn adds. these adds are mostly a mixture of range and melee. in most scenarios, the tank will most likely grab the melee. so there's one or 2 adds left, what do you do? cc it. if you cc it, it will stop doing damage hence avoidable damage.sadly im a dk, i have no cc.

Interrupts and silences. use it often, especially to adds that can heal themselves and others.

Gears. if you are lvl 85 and you are still using wotlk epics, you sir are wrong. i would say that we would need a minimum of at least a ilvl 333-346 per slot to raid. possibly more. we got a couple of crafters that are farming mats furiously for patterns to craft some epics. if you can find a bis slot for you class, that be better. at least you know what you need and where you can find it. ilvl 333+ gears comes from lvl 84-85 dungeon, heroics, cata factions, justice points(from daily reg dungeon and heroics bosses+dungeon finder reward) and crafted. so look around if you're looking for a specific piece and wear a tabard while doing dungeons.

Happy hunting for gears/grinding rep/wiping on bosses.

As our familiarity on fights and our gears gets better i think heroics are getting easier. there are a couple of fight worth mentioning that are interesting to a specific roles, sadly for most fight, healing is still something you need to get used to. not getting oom and such. for tanks, get h stonecore a try. the 3rd boss is awesome. i know sterne enjoy it a lot(lol). the last boss is the messiest fight, will a million adds spawn and a hiding body that cant be looted(lol gratz fright to finding it out). of all the heroics i've done, to me throne of the tides and the lost city is one of the easier ones. i've have yet to do black rock cavern fully, shadowfang keep, and deadmines nightmare even. advisable to look up the nightmare event video before attempting to do it.

happy gear hunting! since most of you are lvl 85. gratz on 85.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Old Raid Information All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: