Spec 1 : Destruction
Spec 2 : Demonology

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

You age::
14-17

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Herculice, Warlock, Destruction/Demonology

If available, please provide a link to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. :
I have never swithed realms.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/suramar/herculice/simple
Is my wow armory

Are you able to consistently make all of our raid times? (Mon, Tues, Wed 6:30-9:30 PST):
yes i will be.

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
Ive played 35 days on this character. Ive done the first 2 bosses in bot, first 3 bosses in bwd on this alt.
On Aeghanton which is my tank/healer alt i have tanked all the bosses in bwd and bot except the last bosses we didnt even attempt to do them. Herculice was in Votu recently but they fell apart and never got back all the best raiders left it. I was in Bloodlust Souls before Votu but i left because i wanted to join a raiding guild. Im currently in Overblink but there not as hardcore raiding guild that i want in.

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
Ive see some of your Guild members in Org. Ive done many heroics with some of your tanks. Ive decided to apply to this guild because i want to join another raiding guild.

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
I want to be very succesful in the raids i dont enjoy wiping on bosses that are very easy to do. I love to go in and out with not alot of wipes on bosses. The addons i use are dmb, Chrono bars (to keep track of my buffs and debuffs on my target)and recount to see the dps my fellow raiders and i are doing Most of the time when i raid we get the bosses down in under 3 attempts.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Luke Skywalker

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
a cowhorse

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
I feel most itimately relted to Luke skywalker because if you train me i will always get better and better. I would want to see a cowhorse because that would look sick.

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
GM Fright
Officer

re: DECLINED - App: Herculice - by GM Fright

Herculice,

Thanks for the application. Give us a little time to discuss your app. Some of our members will also likely have some questions for you, and will want to take you on some random heroic runs when you're able. If you have any questions for me, feel free to find me in-game, or ask me here on the forums.

Thanks again,
-Frightening

Hello Herc, thanks for applying.

I have a couple questions for you, if you don't mind.

First, what is the deal with not maxing out any Cataclysm reputations? I know for a fact 35 days of /played time is waaaay more than enough to level up and rep up every single cata faction. Unless you meant you started your warlock 35 days ago, which would give you time to max out at least one of them.

Second, your professions. Being a miner gives you no dps boost whatsoever (unless you consider life tapping less often an advantage, in which case it's really negligible). If you don't have the money to level a crafting profession, Herbalism will already give you a more substancial dps increase.
I am an engineer too, and I rarely ever need to make anything, so having mining to feed this profession is kinda pointless.

Third, your gear. What is the deal with your reforging? Sometimes you reforge out of crit into hit, sometimes out of mastery into hit, sometimes you leave both stats alone. If you could explain the thinking process behind it, it would be great.

That's all for now. Once again, thank you very much for the application and best of luck to you!

To burn a thousand trees
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

Greetings and thanks for your application.

After reviewing your app and your armory profile, I have a few questions for you to get a feel for how you approach developing your toon. Let me preface these questions from the perspective, that since we are a progression raiding guild, that is is common practice for each raider to apply themselves to being all they can be.

First you mentioned in your app that you consider this toon to be an alt, what other classes do you play and are you currently raiding on those toons, if so, who with? You did mention your tank/healer alt already.

Second, I am curious about your glyphing choices. Could you speak a little about them and explain how they maximiize your dps and utility to the heroics/raid environment.

And last, this is a minor curiousity, in looking over your spec, you chose to put 2 points in fel synergy as opposed to 1 Demonic Embrace and 1 in Fel Synergy. What is your thought process there? It would seem to be that in a few fights that would be beneficial, however, it is always beneficial for a lock to have more hp and 1 point is sufficient to enhance the utility of soul link.

Lydecker already asked about the Cata reps and your reforging strategy, which I would have as well.

Also, on the app where we asked for a World of Logs/WoW stats link you gave us your armory, which is not the same thing. Do you have a link to something that would allow us to evaluate your performance in a raid setting?

Look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for applying. Some questions to ask you about your app.

Quote:
I want to be very succesful in the raids i dont enjoy wiping on bosses that are very easy to do. I love to go in and out with not alot of wipes on bosses. The addons i use are dmb, Chrono bars (to keep track of my buffs and debuffs on my target)and recount to see the dps my fellow raiders and i are doing Most of the time when i raid we get the bosses down in under 3 attempts.

Seeing how we are 25 man progression guild, wipes are to be expected when encountering a new bosses content. How well do you deal with wiping on new boss content since you said you dont enjoy wiping bosses, granted you said easy bosses, but easy is a very fickle word for lots of ppl. Do you try to speak out in vent to provide suggestions to possibly help improve, or do you just nerd rage and ninja DC?

How is Overblink not as hardcore as you would like? What are you desires and aspirations in this current raiding tier?

I've raided with you numerous times on my mage Arcnspark, I look forward to the answers of my questions and the ones asked before me.
Herculice

re: Refrase some of my answers

Hi. This is herculice. I would like to reply to some of your questions for me. When i said i dont realy like to wipe i mainly mean i dont like to wipe alot on the first bosees then just quit. I dont mind wiping and keep on going because that is what i expect but whenever i go in pug groups and raid with them we wipe 5-7 times then they just quit that is what i mainly dont like. I dont mind wiping at all, i just dont like to and i hate it when we quit on the first bosses. If we wipe on further bosses and quit that is perfectly fine. When we wipe on new boss contents thats not bad at all because i dont expect anyone to down new bosses in the first try. When i said easy bosses i mean like Magmaw and Halfus and i dont mind wiping 1 2 3 or 4 times just 5+ bothers me. I have vent but i dont have a mic im working on getting one atm. I hate when people ninja dc i might dc because of internet issues (which arnt likely). Overblink isnt as hardcore as i want it to be meaning that they dont raid as much often like i was in votu and we raided tuesday/thursday and picked up some extra bosses that we missed before in the raids on tuesday/thursday. Votu just disappered so im looking for a new raiding guild. My goal for the raiding teir is getting as much 359 hit and haste gear (hit until capped and when capped focus on haste and crit)with no spirit. I currently have a spirit off hand because i was selling it and my little brother equiped it and it was alot better then the heroic off hands so i kept it. My other alts are lower level excepty my 85 palladin. Also when i was considering this as my alt whenever i talk about my characters i always call them alts. This guy is my main. On my paladin Aeghanton hes a tank and healer i have healed 8/11 of raids. Im a officer of bloodlust souls on him so i pretty much raid with whoever is looking for a tank or healer. My gylphs are the imp gylph, immolate gylph, and conflagulate gylph are my prime glyphs. My major glyphs are Soul link, life tap, and Soul stone. I dont have a world of logs link i could give you and i just linked my armoy to mainly show you my gear. I dont have that many cata reps high on this character because i always have ran the heroics with aeghanton since he has a instant q and all my reps are almost exhaulted with him i am now starting to rank up the catas reps on my main herculice. My reforging was to make my hit capped. I tried to balance the mastery, haste, and crit too when i did the reforging. Ive looked on many websites to do my talents and i am willing to change them if yall want me too just tell me what to put in them because when i was in votu these are the same talents they told me to use. I have total gametime 35 days on my lock is what i meant i have 3 days on 85 most of them were spent on ah and buying gear and also waiting on dungeion qs to pop up. I was a miner and engineering when i was on alliance which was in WOTLK it was mainly to make money and also engineering gave me the 359 helm and some tinkers i will be happy to go herbalism.(i was miner to level up my engineering)

Thank you for your time.
GM Fright
Officer

Herculice,

Thanks again for the application. Unfortunately I don't think you're ready to step into a 25 man heroic progression raiding guild at this time. Good luck in your search for a raiding guild.

-Frightening

Jump to: