Spec 1 : Arms
Spec 2 : Protect

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

You age::
21-29

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Vaportek, Arms Warrior

If available, please provide a link to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. :
I do not have one as I havent been inside a raid instance for a while.

Are you able to consistently make all of our raid times? (Mon, Tues, Wed 6:30-9:30 PST):
I can make all raid days, and be on time.

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
In BC, I killed Archimonde pre nerf and was on Illidari Council in BT at the time, in Unity(on Bladefist)(on my prot pally).
In Wrath, after killing Sarth 3d 25 before Ulduar was released(also on my pally) I switched to play a Warrior.

While I was in Ascendance(on Uther), I've completed ToGC 25/10 heroic with a tribute to insanity for both, 11/12 Heroic ICC 10/25man with a 10man drake, 1 helion kill.
time played is 137hrs pally and 108 warrior.

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
Trazodone replied to my post on the guild recruitment forums.

Your raid times fit my schedule perfectly.

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
I play WarCraft to raid, I strive for being the best player I can be as I want to see end game content, if Blizz puts it out, I want to beat it.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
T-Rex

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
the universe implode

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
I'm a brute force kind of person, I also like to get up in someones face if they're annoying me.

As for the universe imploding..end-of-the-world schemes always peak my interest.

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Never
Somosito
Raider

re: APPROVED - App: Vaportek - by GM Fright

Vaportek, thanks for the application! Best of luck to you.

Would you mind giving up the name of your paladin?

Good to see you applied,give fright alil time to talk behind your back and he will get back with you.

Log out in your tank gear please. Good luck on the App.

Hey, thanks for the app. I checked out your armory profile, and everything seems to be in order. I just had a few minor points/questions to make/ask.

In your arms spec, what are your thoughts on going 2/2 Blitz versus going 1/1 Sweeping Strikes and 1/2 Blitz? It's a solid DPS increase, given many fights this tier have multiple targets. Just wanted your thoughts on it.

In your Prot spec, there are a few changes I'd recommend. Due to the War Academy change, it's a pretty sizable threat boost. Also, Blood and Thunder is a great talent for both 5mans and raid content, so you'll definitely want to pick that up. This is partially my opinion, so take it with a large grain of salt because my opinion is correct, but Blitz and Gag Order aren't phenomenal talents. I'd take your points out of those and fill out War Academy and Blood ant Thunder, taking 1 point out of deep wounds to fill out the remaining point. Again, my opinion (which is correct).

Also, We already have a player in the guild with Vapor in their name. How would you handle the confusion of us referring to both of you as Vapor in vent?

Again, thanks for the app. Look forward to hearing back from you.
GM Fright
Officer

Krayak wrote:
Log out in your tank gear please. Good luck on the App.

He's not applying as prot, silly.

Vapor, make an alt on suramar and talk with me a bit. If I'm not online, an officer can get ahold of me.

thanks,
-Frightening

I know, but I still want to see his prot set.

for Vapor

Quote:
In your arms spec, what are your thoughts on going 2/2 Blitz versus going 1/1 Sweeping Strikes and 1/2 Blitz? It's a solid DPS increase, given many fights this tier have multiple targets. Just wanted your thoughts on it.

Quote:
Also, We already have a player in the guild with Vapor in their name. How would you handle the confusion of us referring to both of you as Vapor in vent?

joke of course

Hello everyone,

I chose 2/2 in blitz for the 10 rage, rage = damage dealt, in just about every fight that I've seen, you're moving away from the boss multiple times a fight, more often than not I find, there's one target, and if there's multiple, they're not always standing beside each other. I find the extra rage out weights any use of sweeping strikes in terms of damger per second.

As far as my offspec goes, I find being able to silence a caster, and have them walk over to me with the others in the group with heroic throw is very helpful. Kinda like Avengers Shield on a Paladin cept it only hits one target.

Speaking of the pally, the name is Zocom, same guild and server as the warrior. All the characters in the guild belong to me.

I'm going to head off to sleep here in a second, but I'll come looking for you tomorrow Fright.
GM Fright
Officer

Vaportek wrote:
I'll come looking for you tomorrow Fright.

I'll keep my doors locked.

Thanks for the reply, Vapor.

I do have to point something out about sweeping strikes, though. Keeping 2/2 points in Blitz is a 5 rage per 15 seconds increase over only 1/2 points, and that is assuming that you use charge on cooldown. You do have a point about fights requiring movement, but even I rarely find myself using heroic fury to reset my intercept cooldown. There are in all truth extremely few situations where you would be using charge that quickly.

But regardless, assuming you do use charge on cooldown, what you essentially gain is an extra heroic strike every 1 minute and 30 seconds. Now, if you instead invested that point in sweeping strikes, you'd be gaining a splash damage effect on your strikes for ten seconds every minute, not to mention that there is a glyph available to make sweeping strikes cost no rage.

Are you sure that you would still rather keep that extra point in blitz?
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: