Spec 1 : Shadow
Spec 2 : Holy

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

You age::
21-29

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Rezah, Priest Shadow

If available, please provide a link to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. :
i don't have one for my priest as none of the pugs i've been in have run logs, i'm recently switching mains from a lock as I need a change in pace....

WoL is down atm but I can supply one for my lock upon request (experience in 7/13 HM's)

Are you able to consistently make all of our raid times? (Mon, Tues, Wed 6:30-9:30 PST):
Yes

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
I've been playing since vanilla and raided pretty much all content while relevant....Nax40 and everything below (got Patch/Grob and all of Spider) ...everything in TBC cept Sunwell....Everything in WOTLK including 0 lights Yogg and heroic LK 25....7/13 HM in cata

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
Hulkssmash is a very good RL friend..

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
I'm fine with it, been in progression guilds all of my WoW experience...relaxed is great but i always bring 110%

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Luke Skywalker

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
ham sandwich

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 2x a Month
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 2x a Month
Hulkssmash

re: APPROVED - App: Rezah/Corteza - by GM Fright

First question:

How many more characters can I talk you into xferring?

Rezah,

Thanks for the application. Give us some time to discuss it and we'll get back with you as soon as we're able. In the meantime, if you have any questions, feel free to find me in-game or ask me here.

-Frightening

Greetings Rezah and thanks for the application. Its great that you are friends with Hulk, but I promise we won't hold that against you. Couple of questions for you.

1. I notice you appear to be working Ramkhen rep, but you still don't have your hyjal rep so that you can get the head enchant? What is your thinking on priority there? Could you elaborate on how you are approaching rep grinding in general?

2. I notice most of the dropped gear you have acquired, is stam and int.. rather than stam, int and spirit. Is this a strategic choice or just how the drops happened?

I ask this because you are reforging into spirit for hit, rather than being able to reforge into haste. I just play an SP on the weekends, but your haste numbers seem quite low for a SP which is your 2nd most important stat if maximizing dps. Furthermore, some folks hold the antiquated philosophy that spirit gear is for healers. While that may be true for destro locks, it is not true for most caster dps.

3. I notice you have some empty glyph slots, is there really nothing you can use that would increase utility, survivability or maybe dps. there has to be something that is better than nothing.

4. In terms of your spec, you take psychic horror which is of little use in progression raiding. What are your thoughts on putting that point in Inner Sactum and maybe moving 1 point from mental agility to Inner Sactum for a slight bump in survivability?

5. Are you better than Hulk in terms of screen awareness? He tends to stand in crap alot and is horrid at managing aggro. I know this cause I have to keep his aggro whoring ass alive. Well atleast when I decide to put in the effort. As we progress into heroic tier, we need to raise the bar some.

1. I notice you appear to be working Ramkhen rep, but you still don't have your hyjal rep so that you can get the head enchant? What is your thinking on priority there? Could you elaborate on how you are approaching rep grinding in general?

I never got my Hyjal rep up because i planned on just buying the helm with my lock and actually had it already applied to my current helm, but it must have gone away with the transfer or something...The Ramkahen tabard was just because it was in my bags as i entered a heroic and i didn't have the hyjal one, will have it by the weekend.

2. I notice most of the dropped gear you have acquired, is stam and int.. rather than stam, int and spirit. Is this a strategic choice or just how the drops happened? I will be gearing towards stam/int/spirit/haste pieces all the way, just since this is a relatively new toon as i posted it was an alt, i haven't had as many opportunities as i'd like to get gear, so yea i haven't gotten the drops

I ask this because you are reforging into spirit for hit, rather than being able to reforge into haste. I just play an SP on the weekends, but your haste numbers seem quite low for a SP which is your 2nd most important stat if maximizing dps. Furthermore, some folks hold the antiquated philosophy that spirit gear is for healers. While that may be true for destro locks, it is not true for most caster dps.

Spirit turns to hit for Spriests and can work for both sets of gear therefore I reforge excess stats to it in order to obtain hitcap. I dont actually think its any less effective than reforging to hit, but if it is and i'm mistaken i would reforge otherwise....I guess it depends on the piece of gear and what else is available but i definately prioritize int>spirit (for hit)> haste....hence the looking for pieces with the mentioned stats once i can obtain...

3. I notice you have some empty glyph slots, is there really nothing you can use that would increase utility, survivability or maybe dps. there has to be something that is better than nothing.

Small utility yes, something that would affect my raiding i don't think so...regardless i agree with you and should have those filled, and probably shouldn't have apped until i did, i apologize.

4. In terms of your spec, you take psychic horror which is of little use in progression raiding. What are your thoughts on putting that point in Inner Sactum and maybe moving 1 point from mental agility to Inner Sactum for a slight bump in survivability?
I'll try that, survivability would definately be more beneficial, to be honest i started off with this spec as it was the spec of a friend who i held highly as a great PVE spriest.

5. Are you better than Hulk in terms of screen awareness? He tends to stand in crap alot and is horrid at managing aggro. I know this cause I have to keep his aggro whoring ass alive. Well atleast when I decide to put in the effort. As we progress into heroic tier, we need to raise the bar some. YES YES YES YES YES

=) i understand mechanics before stepping into a fight and watch tons of my class POV videos, with that being said i practice my spec enough to make sure while fighting bosses i can mindlessly do my rotation while being situationally aware...
Hulkssmash

Tavie/Angarato wrote:

I know this cause I have to keep his aggro whoring ass alive.

I just do that so Fright will let me tank.

Hulk told me to do this so i'm doing it Happy

Here's a link to my lock (my old main's) armory, to give a sense of the effort and knowledge i put into a main..(i've just switched recently when xferring to suramar to play with Hulk

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/senjin/corteza/simple
Thepotato

Quote:
.I guess it depends on the piece of gear and what else is available but i definately prioritize int>spirit (for hit)> haste....hence the looking for pieces with the mentioned stats once i can obtain...

Int > Haste > hit until capped > Crit/mastery
Int/Haste beat hit unless your hit is stupidly low.

Quote:
I notice you have some empty glyph slots

Ill let you take care of that.

I do have a question of my own, I notice your hit is at 15.90%. Now i myself run about .85% below hit cap but i pay attention to my dots. My question is how well do you think you reaction time is to notice that a dot and or mind flay missed and are you running at that hit % on purpose or because of lack of gear?

due to my experience with a dot class (lock) and the fact that i have been practicing myself, my reaction time is super speedy...As i'm still learning stat priorities(thanks for schooling me) I assure you given the chance to actually see gear i'd be itemized the way i should be... I'm a quick learner and so far have put out great numbers as shadow and have pretty awesome DoT uptime.
Rezah/Corteza

also to finish the answer....my gear/stats are mostly where they are as of lack of gear....like i said i haven't had much exposure on this character to much
GM Fright
Officer

Rezah,

Find me in-game when you're able and let's talk for a bit. If I'm not online, an officer can get ahold of me for you.

Thanks
-Frightening

sorry i wasn't able to get on when an officer was on, but hopefully i can catch one of you tonight..

Thanks
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: