Spec 1 : Feral (Bear)
Spec 2 : Feral (Cat)

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

You age::
18-20

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Heavi, Druid, Tank

If available, please provide a link to a recent WoW Web Stats, World of Logs, etc. :
You are able to check Wow-Heroes to see my gear. I have a 358ilvl.

Are you able to consistently make all of our raid times? (Mon, Tues, Wed 6:30-9:30 PST):
Yes

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
I started WoW back in Wotlk. I didnt Pve much at all. I was the big Pvp'er. When cata came out, i decided to give Pve a shot. I ended up liking it and had joined a raiding guild that Shamen led. We went 9/12 and now Im actually looking for a more progressed guild. My former guild was named Frontline.

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
Ive heard about your guild from two people. Siletense and Sonar. i've also Heard about the good progression you guys have. I want to be apart of that of that progression.

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
To get progression, I'll do whatever it takes. I feel like a Raid leader actually SHOULD be demanding. Those are usually the guilds that end up getting good progression.

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
Unicorn

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
a cowhorse

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
Lol, well unicorns are HOT;). And i think im a cowhorse... LOL

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Sfarha123

re: Heres a website to link

http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?a=8&p=heavi&r=Suramar-us

Make sure you hit Update at the top:D

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
GM Fright
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: Sfarha123 - by GM Fright

Thanks for redoing it. Some of our members will probably try and do a few heroic runs with you, and they might have some questions to ask of you here. Do your best to accomodate, and give us a little time to discuss your application, and we'll get back with you as soon as we're able. Definitely before the next raid lock-out reset.

Thanks again,
-Fright

Greetings Heavi and thanks for the app.

I must confess reviewing your armory makes me one confused druid.

1. You seem to have the healing boots equipped, but neither of your specs are resto. /confused

2. Your inscriptions on both specs looks as if you are not sure what role you are going to be doing. If this is a PVP thing could you please explain your rationale, cause it is not intuitive? How would you glyph for PVE?

3. Your reforging seems much like you are trying to split the difference between tanking/dpsing. What role would you prefer to raid with? In that role, how would you optimize your gear to min/max your ability to fit that role?

4. How would you approach min/maxing the role you didn't choose in question 3 above? I ask this because druids are quite versatile, it might be necessary for you to be a flex role for us.

5. Because of the boots you have and your glpyhs, do you have a resto set and do you have experience with healing in Cata? Is that something you might be interested in if so?

Look forward to hearing your responses

Taking a look at your gear, im gonna say mainly that your apping as a tank, with DPS, which your specs look pretty solid on that, but still some questions for you.

Looking at your tanking spec, give me a rundown on your thought process with these talents, King of the Jungle, Stampede, Endless Carnage, Infected Wounds and Feral Aggression. Now with those talents, I would you to tell me how you believe they hurt or enhance your threat and dmg mitigation as a bear tank.

Could you please give and explaination of your current glyphs choices for your tank spec, and the reasons your chose them, also as to why you left a minor one un-used?

What is your mind set for gearing/enchanting/reforging a bear tank? Are you Pro-Mastery/Stam or Pro-Agil/Dodge?
Sfarha123

re: Reply

Hey guys, To tavie, I would like to say, if you are looking at Bloodthirsty boots, i dotn wear those, Wow-heroes must be a bit messed up. I dont have not one piece of PvP gear in my tank set. My offspec is DPS. I have no idea why it says resto>.-
But yea, i dont mix my tank set with dps. I stack agility as a bear because it gives me Crit, dodge, and AP. I focus on mitigation. Agility gives me all the mitigation because, When i Crit, I absorb(mastery). And dodge? Dodge is what makes a bear tank. And yes, i reforged mastery alot so I can absorb alot. Has nothing to do with DPS. theres your rundown:D

Sfarha123

re: About the boots

By the way, I accidently had healing boots on=/ WOW lol.... Yea I equipped my tanking boots. Sorry about that. WoW Equipment manager is messing up

Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

Thanks for clearing up the issue with your boots, however, I just wanted to point out we are waiting for answers to the other questions asked above.

thanks

re: Reply to questions

3. Your reforging seems much like you are trying to split the difference between tanking/dpsing. What role would you prefer to raid with? In that role, how would you optimize your gear to min/max your ability to fit that role?
Well, Bear tank is a Similar to Feral dps. You may think that mastery reforging is dps stuff but its not. Its a plus to my mastery. Nothing I reforge has to do with DPS.

4. How would you approach min/maxing the role you didn't choose in question 3 above? I ask this because druids are quite versatile, it might be necessary for you to be a flex role for us.
I can dps. I have some Epics for DPS that i may start using for my set. I do not mind Dps'ing at all.

5. Because of the boots you have and your glpyhs, do you have a resto set and do you have experience with healing in Cata? Is that something you might be interested in if so?
I do have a resto set but do not heal anymore. My glyphs need to be removed but theres nothing HUGE to replace them with. My main glyphs are all set.

Could you please give and explaination of your current glyphs choices for your tank spec, and the reasons your chose them, also as to why you left a minor one un-used?
My current glyph choices were made for A better mangle. Mangle hits hard and causes alot of threat. Having a 10percent bonus to Mangle increases threat. I have a barkskin glyph to reduce crit strike chance on me when i use it. And then I have Maul glyph. When i use it, I'm able to hit 2 ppl instead of one. That helps as another AoE.

What is your mind set for gearing/enchanting/reforging a bear tank? Are you Pro-Mastery/Stam or Pro-Agil/Dodge?
My mind set in bear tank is MITIGATION. To me, if a bear tank does anything else, he's wrong. Im currently at a 35 percent dodge rate while other bears are at 29-30percent. Why? They decide to stack Stamina which I do not believe in. I've had healers tell me they love healing me even on the Chimaeron fight. I have dodged his double attacks which is a big relief for healers. I am also Pro-Agil/Dodge. Agility provides alot To a bear. It gives Crit, dodge, and AP. All of three which a bear really needs. When I crit, i absorb which helps alot. I do have mastery in there also to absorb more. That helps mitigate a bit of damage.

Masticrom

Quote:
My current glyph choices were made for A better mangle. Mangle hits hard and causes alot of threat. Having a 10percent bonus to Mangle increases threat. I have a barkskin glyph to reduce crit strike chance on me when i use it. And then I have Maul glyph. When i use it, I'm able to hit 2 ppl instead of one. That helps as another AoE.

This doesnt even explain why you have Glyph of Rejuv and Swiftmend on your tanking spec for Prime's and Glyph of Healing touch for Major. Those were completely skipped. Your not even using Glyph of Barkskin in your tanking spec

Quote:
My mind set in bear tank is MITIGATION. To me, if a bear tank does anything else, he's wrong. Im currently at a 35 percent dodge rate while other bears are at 29-30percent. Why? They decide to stack Stamina which I do not believe in. I've had healers tell me they love healing me even on the Chimaeron fight. I have dodged his double attacks which is a big relief for healers. I am also Pro-Agil/Dodge. Agility provides alot To a bear. It gives Crit, dodge, and AP. All of three which a bear really needs. When I crit, i absorb which helps alot. I do have mastery in there also to absorb more. That helps mitigate a bit of damage.

Whats your current "shield" absorb percentage from your Savage defense?

I still want spec answers.
Sfarha123

re: Reply to Masticus about my spec

Looking at your tanking spec, give me a rundown on your thought process with these talents, King of the Jungle, Stampede, Endless Carnage, Infected Wounds and Feral Aggression. Now with those talents, I would you to tell me how you believe they hurt or enhance your threat and dmg mitigation as a bear tank.

King of Jungle: I did not spec into this. I feel like my damage and threat is pretty much good and the talent points arent worth this spec. If i had Threat problems, Iwould probably spec into that and use My enrage before I pull. However, Idont.

Stampede: I spec'd into this simply for the faster threat gain after my opening charged. Pretty simple talent.

Endless Carnage: This increases my Pulverize duration. Pulverize increases my crit chance. If that is up for a long time, I crit alot. When I crit, I absorb. Helps alot.

Infected Wounds:I spec'd into this so that my mangle and maul slows the target and slows the attack speed. Slower attack speed causes damage to come in slower. Not as fast.

Feral Aggression: I spec'd into this simply for the 2 stacks of Faerie Fire. Faerie fire reduces armor AND causes a high threat, when I apply two stacks at once, it helps alot with threat and armor reduction.

Now, With my glyphs. Like i said, I stopped healing. To be TOTALLY HONEST, im still in the process of removing them. I will have them removed tomorrow. They arent supposed to be there. Glyph of bark skin is in my list but not activated. My glyphs will be fixed by tomorrow.

Lastly, My current absorption is 75 percent.

Masticrom

Thanks for answer my questions Heavi, good luck with the app!
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

While I agree with your general approach to reforging, I am confused why you reforge to Hit on your weapon? Hit is a near useless stat for Bear tanks, so why reforge into it?

Also, you seemed to have dodged the question about how you would optimize your gear if you were kitty dps?
I am just another opinion around here, but we seem pretty solid in the tanking department, so the raid would have more flexibility if we use you as flex tank. This leaves you dpsing potentially a good bit of the time.

I am also surprised you find so little value in the lacerate and beserk glyphs. Both increase dmg and thus threat, why would you prefer swiftmend ever over either of those as a tank. Very few glyphs are an incredible boost to any class, but most provide some marginal benefit. As these two do, so I am perplexed why you would not change them on your own terms instead of having us point it out. Especially coming to the conclusion that your "main glyphs are set"

While I appreciate you have addressed the comments that have been made here, the real question I have is this. Are you sure you are ready to raid in a progression guild? Ideally that means 25 people who are working hard to be their best Mon-Wed and bringing 110% to each raid. Are you sure you are up for that? I question this because from where I sit, you have not put 110% into your app with us.

It is not my intention to be mean, but in my opionion a good tank doing heroic progression needs pay attention to detail. Your app says to me, you don't pay attention to detail. I am raising this here so you can speak to this concern, I have heard you do well in the normal raiding content, are you prepared to take it to the next level? Normal content for the most part, is a cake walk.

Look forward to hearing from you..

re: Tavie

Hey Tavie, Masticus and I kinda Sorted out the problems with my glyphs. I used to heal, and i had those glyphs. Idon't know why I forgot to activate my old tank ones. I had already learned them, forgot to activate them. I reforged to hit on my weapon because I had a few problems with missing. I decided to raise my hit up a little bit. Seeing that there was NO difference, last night, i reforged a lot of things different. I don't know why Wow-heroes hasent updated it... I know alot about my class and don't lack on any part. I also do feel like I am ready for a 25 man Heroic Progression guild because of the fact that I do know about my class. P.S Last night, I fixed my glyphs, I am not that dimwitted to use Swiftmend glyphs in a bear spec.

About my Cat spec. To optimize that, I would be using some old gear I replaced(Still epics). In a cat spec, I'd reforge alot of things to mastery. I would be iffy about CAPPING on hit because cats are pretty much like rogues. We have constant and quick damage. Not alot of Cd's.

Sfarha123

re: Tavie

Btw, Tavie, When sent me a tell earlier, i was AFK. If you want to talk some more in game. Im on right now, You can send me a tell.

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: