Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Am this most thing for are guild?!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GM Fright
Officer

re: I'm sorry fellas.

It's time for me to go.

I decided many months ago that I was tired of this game, but I've stuck around much longer than maybe I should have for the sake of the guild. I enjoyed leading the guild and doing everything required to keep it running smoothly, but even that over time has worn on me. I've been waiting for a chance to make a graceful exit and a smooth transition to a new GM, but I'm not sure I'm going to have that opportunity. This is as good a time as I'm likely to find.

I'm sorry, Bellasaer, for losing it tonight. My ability to NOT say everything I was thinking over vent has maybe been one of my stronger suits as a raid leader, and I obviously don't have that ability anymore. Bell is a phenomenal rogue, but I'm afraid I've burned that bridge now, so if the last thing I can do for the guild is throw in the towel now instead of later so that he can rejoin you without any issues, then so be it. We've always had a zero tolerance policy on drama, and as it seems I've become the first source of it in a long while, then that source needs to be removed.

I took over this guild as the remnants of a 25 man guild in November of 2009, we struggled through 8 months of 10 man raiding just to survive, and then with the return and help of Tremurr, we moved back into 25 man raiding in July of 2010. I had very specific ideas of how this guild should be run, and some definite goals on what we should be capable of accomplishing. Over the last 20 or so months, from 10 man to 25 man, we've met many of those goals, and failed to meet others, but the guiding ideas behind the operation of the guild has remained intact, and for that I'm incredibly proud.

There have been a whole lot of difficult times that we've pushed through, and I couldn't think of a better group of people to have done it with than those of you who were there with us. So thank you for your dedication to our guild, you guys still have a long road ahead of you. The four officers will decide among them who they would like as the new GM, and things will continue moving forward, business as usual. Hell, knowing the four officers we've got, no doubt you guys will do even better than before.

I'm sorry that I'm leaving so abruptly, but everybody has their breaking point. I thought for a long time that I was the exception, but apparently I found mine tonight. The website and Ventrillo will be transferred over to the new GM, and everything will continue on as usual.

Thank you for everything, and good luck,
-Frightening

I know I wasn't your favorite player in the game, but I would just like to say that I am really sad to see you go.

Ever since I met you, you were the one Warlock I always tried to measure myself to, though always lacking. You were also impressive in your leadership and when I just needed a quick talk. The one year under your command was, without a doubt, the best I've had in this game.

We'll miss you.

Take care.

To burn a thousand trees
Vyvii
Friend

I really wish you'd reconsider. Really. And Bell needs to come back too.

kaasi
Friend

i am sad face

Amminidabtree

Fright, I cannot express how much you will be missed not just by me, but by everyone in this guild. Even though your humor was a little harsh, you always lightened up raids by the end of the night with your little pep talks.

Even though you're a complete asshole and I hate you so much, you were the best guild/raid leader I've raided with, although being compared to Zeiron shouldn't really be a compliment.

I wish you good luck in whatever you do and hope you are glad with the decisions you make.

GOSH, CLEARLY! UGH!!!

I also wish you would reconsider, regardless of conflicts in the past and scuffles there have been through out the guild you were the one consistency. You led with a firm grip and sometimes you squeezed a little hard but it was mostly for the better.

If it is your time then I'm going to wish you well in your travels, but I want you to know that you affected the lives of many of us for months and for the select few of us over a year and your influence and teachings will be remembered by those of us you spent over 9 hours a week with. Bonum fortunam
Brela

Fright,

I have raided with a few guilds. two of which were top ranked on my home server. And though your "Attempt, Scream at Healers, Win" philosiphy was new and honestly quite brutal to me it was a good experience for me in general. In the few short months i have been here i have enjoyed playing with you and being involved with the decisions you make and the people you lead.

Live in Fame, Or go down in Flame
<3 anti

Really, Really Sad I actually felt something for Quite a long time. Just got into this Guild. And to me, It was looking up but Now I don't know what to say. I'm Really Disapointed you have to go. Your a Great leader and Great guy . Worse you Left on my Birthday. Not the happiest present.

Sorry to see you go but I guess everyone has to at some point. I'll just say that in the little over a year I've been in the guild, it's been a pleasure playing the game with you. Good luck with whatever you decide to do in the future.
Kimlin
Raider

So sorry to see you go. You were so great and lalalalala rainbows and smiles and whatever other gay shit other people would say.

I hated you when I raided with you and I hate you more now so GO GET HIT BY A FUCKING BUS!!!!

No I am just kidding. I really did enjoy raiding with you and I wish you would stay but we all get burned out sometimes and we all have lives. God bless you and good luck.
Bananashroom

Seriously? sigh... well i may not be an active member anymore, i still feel sad. there are times that you are an asshole but hey, someone gotta be that asshole. anyway thanks for the pleasure of playing with you. the stories i will never forget too. anyway its a game, its not life and death.

People might have a bad day bla bla bla so take things in moderation. a new day a new start and more dead bosses.

And to you kind sir, its really been a pleasure. Hail stratta! and good luck to the future!

ps: dont teach the kids the wrong things. also update on diablo3 when its launch, perhaps we could blow your top off with that game too hehe...

/bow

Jump to: