Spec 1 : Marks
Spec 2 : Survival

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

You age::
20-29

Name, class, and spec of the character you are applying with::
Savagemuwl, Hunter, MM

Are you able to consistently make all of our raid times? (Mon, Tues, Wed 6:30-9:30 PST):
Yes

Please provide a **brief** history of your WoW playtime, raiding experience, former guilds, etc.:
playing for 2 yrs, doing FL content looking for progression

How did you hear about our guild, and why have you decided to apply?:
Word of mouth

In contrast to our relaxed guild atmosphere, our raids can be very demanding, as we hold ourselves to a high standard. What is your attitude towards raiding and doing what it takes to succeed at a high level?:
I'll do whatever it takes, change things if needed, research the fights as well as my character

Which of these do you feel you most intimately relate to?:
T-Rex

Among the following, which would you rather see?:
ham sandwich

Please explain your previous two answers in no less than 10,000 words.:
T-rex because I like dinos lol, I tend to also be a dps meter junky and always try to better my dps. Out of those choices a ham sandwich, gotta love food.

Thank you for your interest in our guild, we will get back to you shortly on the status of your application.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> Always
Monday -> Always
Tuesday -> Always
Wednesday -> Always
Thursday -> Always
Friday -> Always
Saturday -> Always
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

re: APPROVED - App: savagemuwl - by Tavie/Angarato

Thanks for your application, we always appreciate people taking interest in AoR.

Could you elaborate more on your wow history? What is your raiding experience through past expansions? In the 2 years you have been playing, what guilds have you been in and have you raided with those guilds?

Maybe it is the way the armory displays ones stats, but it appears your haste is squarely in the middle of MM haste breakpoints. Can you discuss this or point out what is bridging the gap to the 12.93% haste break point for you?

As far as Firelands goes, we are working on heroic Shannox, Rhyolith and Majordomo at the moment. Can you discuss what a MM hunter brings to these encounters and how the class specifically can help the raid manage the mechanics of each fight? I am looking for more than not stand in fire and do awesome dps, this is expected for all fights heroic or not.

Can you post a screen shot of your dmg with ability detail on a dummy in lieu of raid logs? Gearing looks pretty solid in general, with possibly reforging issue related to haste which I asked about above.

Look forward to hearing from you and again would like to thank you for your app. Please feel free to ask about AoR in this thread as well; or you can whisper an officer in game (Tavie, Klik, Sterne or Obzen) should you want a more involved conversation.

My wow history, well I guess i'm what they call a wrath baby. I have been playing around 2 yrs now. I started, not knowing anything and for the most part picked things up on my own. I switched servers and from ally to horde around lvl 70. I joined the guild "stricken" and started end game content from there. Stricken wasn't worried about progression so I wasn't able to go far there but it gave me time to get all my valor pt gear.

Eventually myself and 3 others (including chloe who has also applied to join your guild) split off and started our own guild "dominion lords". That is where I finally started getting some progression although it was very slow being a new guild and all. I was an officer in that guild until events led me to actually demote myself and just be a core raider so I didn't have to deal with some of the bs. I quickly became the top dps in the guild and developed good surrounding awareness.

I used every resource possible to improve my hunter to include different websites like askmrrobot.com, looking up other top ranked toons on the server and talking to co-workers, one of which is very geared and knowledgable on his main (a hunter).

I'm an easy going guy who loves playing the game, raiding and i'm always willing to learn new ways, techniques and take advice from anyone that offers it.

As for my haste, well stat order for me is agil/hit/crit/haste/mastery. Agil is obvious, next hit well i keep my hit cap set as close to perfect if not perfect since nothing else matters if your shots are missing the target. As for crit well i feel it gives more damage than haste. I have rapid fire and readiness to boost my haste as well as normally in a raid group other buffs and bloodlust and what not all give me a boost in haste, so to me it only makes sense to have more damage coming with crit, not to mention if i'm on the move during a fight i'm going to be using arcane shot more and haste doesn't do anything for an instant cast shot. I rotate trinkets, potions, ect so that when i don't have my rapid fire going i have a crit buff or an agil buff allowing me to maintain a higher but steady dps. Also on mob fights I use multi-shot more, another instant cast so again haste doesn't matter much there. Finally mastery is nice and all but means little to me and i reforge everything from it that i can.

My co-worker and askmrrobot also say/show crit being more important than haste although I do feel it is not by much. I know my haste is lower than i'ld like and i've been trying to get the hide bound chain bracers which gives hit and haste (my current bracers have crit and mastery) which will then allow me to reforge hit into more haste and crit but until then I work with what I have. However yes i can fix my haste by reforging from crit.

As for what I can bring to help the guild with your current bosses, to be honest i'm not entirely sure as i've never ran with you guys and don't know what techniques are used in each fight. While I haven't had the chance to get as far as I think I could in fl, I do watch numerous youtube clips and talk to my co-worker who is currently trying to down h-Rag. For example, (again not knowing how you all do in the fight) on shannox (reg or h) I can help by slowing with traps and concussive shots, and i've learn little tips like when riplimb goes to get the staff have the tank start pulling shannox in a circle as riplimb will get the staff and run to the location shannox was, stop a sec and start running to where he is. This gives another sec or two before shannox gets his staff back and will help with getting stacks off the tank. On heroic trap rageface and have everyone move away, which also gives a lil more time for stacks to clear off him. As I said I haven't had the chance to go for shannox on heroic but I've learned some tips but again you all may already do all that since I haven't ran with you guys. I catch on quick and study the fights is really all I can say at this point in time.

Hope this answers all questions and look forward to hearing from you again.
Vyvii
Friend

Forum Image Forum Image
savagemuwl

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/kidsncars/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_100611_195916.jpg

Here is a screenshot but I just realized I forget to post part of it on there. Let me know if you need me to redo this for you.
Tavie
Obeliska/Tavie
Officer

Thanks for your response, your screenshot only shows your overall dps number, if you could expand recount to show your dps by ability, that would be appreciated.

Just click on your name while looking at the damage done screen to show the details.

Appreciate you taking the time to do this.

YOU ARE SUCH A JERK, VYVII!!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!

http://s1134.photobucket.com/albums/m608/kidsncars/?action=view&current=WoWScrnShot_100611_221236.jpg

Here is an updated screen shot with all you asked for.
Vyvii
Friend

Amminidabtree wrote:
YOU ARE SUCH A JERK, VYVII!!! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!!!

I can only assume, you were scared of my BIG eyes. Bwahahaa!
Klik
The Klik
Friend

Find either myself or Tavie in-game tomorrow, check for our alts as well, they should be listed in our signatures. I won't be on til late afternoon but Tavie may be on earlier. Look forward to chatting with you.

savagemuwl

Thank you. Chloe and I look forward to chatting with you.
Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Art of Ruin Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: